!*^%@#! - ANOTHER BOLLYWOOD INSULT!!!!!&#3

ms514

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must say this thread is quite funny! It's amazing how one comment by Sanjay Tutti has stirred up so much controversy on a Sikhsangat.com forum!

I laughed when I read that quote and to an extent I agree with it. Like come on, majority of SIkh's in India are uneducated "Jatts"! Do you honestly think they can play chess? *L*

You people are over-reacting. I expected a few posts condemning his comment. A few people here suggested Sanjay Tutti was being racist. Look up the official definition and let me know if it applies here. tongue.gif

Mandip is right, we don't know what context he made that statement in, but it's not racism..

THis statement by the guy who started this thread cracked me up the most -> "Just getting the awareness that this has happened. Planning for appropriate steps to take against this are already being considered, with priority to Sikh organizations in India to take action and empower the Sikhs there to do something."

This is a SikhSangat forum my fellow Singh's/Kaurs, not a forum where you defend/bash an actor who can't act.

LEt's keep Bollywood where it belongs - in the gutter and talk about real issues. He made a comment, so what? He works for Bollywood, don't take it so seriously. tongue.gif

My .68 rupees (roughly 2 cents Canadian)

- Sunny

Bhenji, believe me there are people maybe not sanjay dutt but other indivuals who are clever with their mouths but not so sharp on their toes! lol

When i mention the jews and muslims, take a look at the media, and see if you can the last time somebody openly joked about jews or muslims?! I mean on an open public stage in front of the whiole nations media! it would be suicide for their career!

Same for black people, just take a look at the media again, look how carefully they word everything! just in case they say something to upset the black community! 'Sikhs are dumb' is a common joke, but the same joke is also often used against black people, can you imagine Brad Pitt joking about 2 black guys who couldnt play chess?!!? not a chance!

I agree belive im totally against the caste system as well, i hate it. However when most people think of sikhs in india they think farmers. Very few sikhs in india have jobs in industry or factories, while some do drive trucks! these are common stereotypes which we grow up with. There are plenty of highly educated sikhs in punjab and india, (esp when it comes to chess it seems!) but where are the jobs for them? most will just return to farming even after having studied! There are many theories as well explaining why sikhs have become such an alcoholic consuming people, some political others social. The fact that like you said punjabi songs only seem to sing about girls drinking and fighting is just furthering the stereotype. Which is negative to sikhi.

The following you may or may not agree with, and sorry to sound rude but if anybody is offended by this, pls i dont really care!

This is why the singer 'Chamkilla' and Mr Golden Star Malkit Singh where targetted by the Kharkoo Singhs in the 80's (after numerous warning i must add). Chamkilla was shot dead for his rude songs and Malkit escaped on 2 occasions and finally fled to England!

Maybe you think that is extreme, but those were extreme days!

Look at what we show goreh when we invite them to a 'sikh' wedding, we tell them nothing about the lavaan, but we tell them that we have a massive party after with free alcohol!! then we wonder when they get confused about wether or not we can drink alcohol.

We need to challenge these stereotypes both internally and externally, at one kids gurmat camp some kid was wearing a 'puth jattan de' tshirt, funnily enough he was in a group that a talk on caste! lol the kid asked permission to go home and change his tshirt cus all the other kids were laughing at his castist tshirt!

To be honest this is just the tip of the iceberg of the kinda crap we get thrown at us that we just let slip!

I found an old NHSF (national hindu students forum) magazine today, i'll post up some of the stuff from there another day and we can discuss that, its even endorsed by the navy, natwest bank etc!

But this is funny, seriously can u imagine that wicked chess player whippng his <admin-profanity filter activated> at chess, then giving him a proper whack with his chappal! lol :) put that on your front page! lol

I must say this thread is quite funny! It's amazing how one comment by Sanjay Tutti has stirred up so much controversy on a Sikhsangat.com forum!

I laughed when I read that quote and to an extent I agree with it. Like come on, majority of SIkh's in India are uneducated "Jatts"! Do you honestly think they can play chess? *L*

You people are over-reacting. I expected a few posts condemning his comment. A few people here suggested Sanjay Tutti was being racist. Look up the official definition and let me know if it applies here. tongue.gif

Mandip is right, we don't know what context he made that statement in, but it's not racism..

THis statement by the guy who started this thread cracked me up the most -> "Just getting the awareness that this has happened. Planning for appropriate steps to take against this are already being considered, with priority to Sikh organizations in India to take action and empower the Sikhs there to do something."

This is a SikhSangat forum my fellow Singh's/Kaurs, not a forum where you defend/bash an actor who can't act.

LEt's keep Bollywood where it belongs - in the gutter and talk about real issues. He made a comment, so what? He works for Bollywood, don't take it so s

eriously. tongue.gif

My .68 rupees (roughly 2 cents Canadian)

- Sunny

:):@ :D :wub: :@:(

Bhenji, believe me there are people maybe not sanjay dutt but other indivuals who are clever with their mouths but not so sharp on their toes! lol

When i mention the jews and muslims, take a look at the media, and see if you can the last time somebody openly joked about jews or muslims?! I mean on an open public stage in front of the whiole nations media! it would be suicide for their career!

Same for black people, just take a look at the media again, look how carefully they word everything! just in case they say something to upset the black community! 'Sikhs are dumb' is a common joke, but the same joke is also often used against black people, can you imagine Brad Pitt joking about 2 black guys who couldnt play chess?!!? not a chance!

I agree belive im totally against the caste system as well, i hate it. However when most people think of sikhs in india they think farmers. Very few sikhs in india have jobs in industry or factories, while some do drive trucks! these are common stereotypes which we grow up with. There are plenty of highly educated sikhs in punjab and india, (esp when it comes to chess it seems!) but where are the jobs for them? most will just return to farming even after having studied! There are many theories as well explaining why sikhs have become such an alcoholic consuming people, some political others social. The fact that like you said punjabi songs only s

eem to sing about girls drinking and fighting is just furthering the stereotype. Which is negative to sikhi.

The following you may or may not agree with, and sorry to sound rude but if anybody is offended by this, pls i dont really care!

This is why the singer 'Chamkilla' and Mr Golden Star Malkit Singh where targetted by the Kharkoo Singhs in the 80's (after numerous warning i must add). Chamkilla was shot dead for his rude songs and Malkit escaped on 2 occasions and finally fled to England!

Maybe you think that is extreme, but those were extreme days!

Look at what we show goreh when we invite them to a 'sikh' wedding, we tell them nothing about the lavaan, but we tell them that we have a massive party after with free alcohol!! then we wonder when they get confused about wether or not we can drink alcohol.

We need to challenge these stereotypes both internally and externally, at one kids gurmat camp some kid was wearing a 'puth jattan de' tshirt, funnily enough he was in a group that a talk on caste! lol the kid asked permission to go home and change his tshirt cus all the other kids were laughing at his castist tshirt!

To be honest this is just the tip of the iceberg of the kinda crap we get thrown at us that we just let slip!

I found an old NHSF (national hindu students forum) magazine today, i'll post up some of the stuff from there another day and we can discuss that, its even endorsed by the navy, natwest bank etc!

But this is funny, seriously can u imagine that wicked chess player whippng his <admin-profanity filter activated> at chess, then giving him a proper whack with his chappal! lol :) put that on your front page! lol

Waheguru!

Sorry bro was

busy laughin at Sunny paajis post... i saw urs after. RELI GREAT POINTS... all should read... ^_^

bhul chuk maph!

first of all SUNDIP its, SANJAY DUTT!! not whatever u called him!!

ya ur rite ak-47, u wouldnt see ppl goin up on stage saying stuff like that but sanjay dutt did

if he really meant what he wuz saying in a racist way then yes its his fault

but we cant judge him cuz we dont knw if he meant it or if he was jus trying to be "funny"

and oye! do NOT make fun of bollywood

they have some really good movies that really make u think

n once u understand some of the bollywood movies in depth then u will agree wit me

yes i heard about chamkilla, and he wuz shot because of his umm, "different" types of songs

n they were rude

but then again

when u think bout it

shooting him, resorting to violence didnt solve nething

because even today, some ppl still belive he wuz the "greatest singer of all time" because they dont understand y he wuz killed and what he did

ya is not rite to make jokes about religion but ppl do newayz, and we dont say nething to them, but when it comes to an actor that we all know, we all go crazy n start saying he;s wrong, when ppl in our everyday lives do the exact same things he did (which is a rumor i still believe that)

Actors are public figures, of course more attention is paid to what they say. That is why they should watch their mouth since they can influence alot of people. By the way it isn't a rumour.

first of all SUNDIP its, SANJAY DUTT!! not whatever u called him!!

ya ur rite ak-47, u wouldnt see ppl goin up on stage saying stuff like that but sanjay dutt did

if he really meant what he wuz saying in a racist way then yes its his fault

but we cant judge him cuz  we dont knw if he meant it or if he was jus trying to be "funny"

and oye! do NOT make fun of bollywood

they have some really good movies that really make u think

n once u understand some of the bollywood movies in depth then u will agree wit me

That's nice Mandip. Notice this is a religious forum designed to educate people, not humour us on the lack of originality/crappy acting apparent in Bollywood films.

You can support Bollywood any way you want.... but that opinion really has no place here. My anti-Bollywood opinin has no place here either .. so lets drop it and discuss real issues.

- Sunny

exactly , this is a religous forum, we do not need UR opinions on bollywood either

and u should NOT make fun of his name!!!

oh and ya but rnt actors human beings as well?

they can make mistakes too

ok so its not a rumor/

but theres no way to prove he meant to target sikhs in a racist way

we cant say he intentionally said sikhs r this n that jus to bring down our religion