Gursikhi Jeevan of Baba Thakur Singh ji & other Taksal Gursikhs

Buv_Singh

Interview about Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Jernail_29.jpg

Interview about Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale

This is an interview with a Singh who was very close to sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale. It explains the personality of Jarnail Singh and teaches us so many things. I wil urge others to write more about Jarnail Singh personality and other Singhs who . . .edited . Their LOVE and sacrifice should always resides in our hearts. It reminds us this game of love and keep us alert from the Kaumi enemies.

“Was it odd for you that you used to have Jarnail Singh as just your friend, and then he was suddenly in a high position like that?”

“No, we understood that he was now the head. And friendship is……. Well, the friendship was of course still there. But we now showed greater respect to him because of his position.”

He went on. “Jarnail Singh Ji was not really very different as head of Damdami Taksal. He was just like he always was. He had a great peace of mind before he attained this position and after. He used to come to our rooms in the dormitory and we would laugh and laugh. He would ask about our troubles and problems and help us with them. He was so strict, too. If we would do anything wrong, he would not spare us!”

The Granthi laughed as he remembered, fondly, being disciplined by Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale.

“Would you say he was growing in his spiritual power during that time?”

“He had always made a strong impression on people, even before he was a Leader. He was the only person that virtually everybody respected. Even Sant Kartar Singh Ji, he would not treat Jarnail Singh Ji as a student or a disciple, but as an equal, a real Gursikh. He felt his power."

“Sant Jarnail Singh Ji had so much respect for Gurbani and Guru. Once I know we were sleeping in the same room, and we used to just lie in the floor rather than using beds. There were some prayer books up in the rafters and one time one somehow got loose and fell down at Jarnail Singh Ji’s feet. He was sleeping and didn’t realize what had happened. When he got up and saw the book lying by his feet he cried, “This is an insult to Gurubani, how could I do that?” He was very disturbed about this and wouldn’t eat or sleep. Sant Kartar Singh Ji went to him and said, ‘Jarnail Singh, this is not your mistake. You didn’t do anything wrong.’ But Jarnail Singh was in such a pain that he read the whole of the Guru Granth Sahib as an apology."

“You only love Gurbani like that when you know it has provided you so much. There are some people who respect it for nothing, it’s just a gesture. Just because of tradition they bow before it. Jarnail Singh Ji was not a tradition. He was the living image of Gurubani. If you wanted to see some Sikh out of the Guru Granth Sahib, Jarnail Singh Ji was the one.” Amarjit added, in a mood of nostalgia, “Jarnail Singh was such a gentle man, a very loving and spiritual person. Everybody felt this from him. You would have really liked to know him.”

ikonkaar.blogspot

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa & encounter with police

Jernail_34.jpg

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa & encounter with police

Pre 84 a warrent was put out on Bhram Giani Mahpursh Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale. The police had setup camp about a half mile away from Gurdhwara Sahib Gurdarshan Parkhash Mehta.

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji knowing the police's plan told the Singhs not to hold any enemity with the police officers and not one stone be thrown at them. He further told the Singhs that any stones thrown, directed at the police would be the equavilent of them throwing stones at him. Sant Jarnail Singh Ji then went and gave themselves up for arrest. The Singhs angered and upset at there inaction to prevent Mahpursh from being arrested where angered and infuriated that they let Mahpursh get treated with such disprespect that they all headed out towards the police camp.

The police ready quickly moved back and got set with guns and rifles pointing at the Singhs. The Singhs then retreated back and remebered the bachan of Mahpursh, but a few where still angry at their in-action when Sant Jarnail Singh Ji whome they held in high regard was being treated in a disrespectful manour by the police.

A dozen Singh not paying head to mahpursh dey bachan grabbed Kirpans and Tegh's and went outside and started to move towards the police camp. The police waited for the Singhs to come into a distance and then opened fire. 6, 7 Singhs got Shaheedi that day.

Morale: The morale I got was accept Mahpursh they bachan. Even if they seem far fetched. Its hard to blame the Singhs who went after the police even after mahpursh told them not to, because of the sharda they had for Sant Ji. But to think if they had adheared to Mahpursh dey bachan they wouldn't have had to give this (in my view) un-nessassarry Shaheedi.

Sakhi typed as remembered, from the katha narration of Baba Charn Singh (Bhagat Ji).

ikonkaar.blospot.com

A shastar weilding extremist?

"With reference to weapons I shall only say that you should bear arms. Being armed, there is no greater sin for a Sikh that attacking an unarmed person, killing an innocent person, looting a shop, harming the innocent, or wishing to insult anyone's daughter or sister. Also, being armed, there is no greater sin that not seeking justice."

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale - Speaking about the relevance of Shastars, October 1983

"The Government has started calling extremists such Sikhs who are Amritdhaaree and administer Amrit to other; who read Baanee themselves and teach others to read it; who favour unity, preach unity and exhort people to be united; such people are called extremists. For this reason they call me, your humble servant, too an extremist. This is because it is my business to explain Gurbaanee, teach Gurbaanee, to administer Amrit this is why I am called an extremist....Protecting the honour ofour sisters, promoting respect for the Nishaan Saahib, being ready to preserve respect for our Isht, seeking justice for the blood of innocent people that has been shed and to prevent it being shed in the futurem this is the kind of extremist that I am."

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale - Speaking about being given the title of an Extremist, January 1983

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

SANT BABA JARNAIL SINGH JI KHALSA BHINDRANWALE - THE POWER OF A POORAN BRAHMGYANI

post-994-1196526929.jpg

It was amidst the height of the Morcha and the police were eager to capture anyone who was linked to Sant Ji in any way, shape or form. If they were to capture Sant Ji then it would have been even more tasteful.

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa had to go to a near by village and needed to do so quickly. They grabbed a Singh and asked him to take them to the village on his Motorcycle. The Singh, being a Shardaloo (loyal follower) of Sant Ji, duly obliged.

On the way Sant Ji said to the driver, whatever you do NOT look behind you. The Singh agreed and they continued on their journey. As they approached the police check-point the Singh began to feel cautious, he told Sant Ji that he could see the police and if they were to see Sant Ji they would definately arrest them or even shoot.

Sant Ji told the Singh to remain calm and remember to keep looking forward; answer any questions that the police may have and be courteous and respectful at all times.

As they approached, the police told the driver to slow down and pull over. Nervously, the Singh followed the instructions. The police asked him his details, where he was coming from, where he was go etc.

The Singh was stunned that the police had not even looked at Sant Ji. As they began to set of again, the Singh looked behind him and saw there was no one sitting on the back of the motorcycle.

The Singh was stunned..

As they approached the village, Sant Ji thanked the Singh but also told him that he wasn't supposed to have looked behind.

post-994-1196527011.jpg

For the duration that the police were questioning the Singh, Sant Ji had disappeared... That's the power of a Pooran Brahmgyani...

www.NeverForget84.com

Sacrifice for the faith: A story from Sikh History

SACRIFICE FOR THE FAITH: A STORY FROM SIKH HISTORY

Jernail_8.jpg

One day from this stage, Sant Baba Harchand Singh Ji Longowal said: "I don't know what has happened to Jarnail Singh. He no longer leads people in shouting the slogan, "Dityaan baajh nahin rehnaa, Dharam sir dityaan baajh nahin rehnaa" (Without sacrifice it will not survive; the Faith will not survive without sacrifice of our lives). Perhaps his cough has flared up." I had been ill for several days. Sant Ji (Sant Harchand Singh Longowal) knew about this. He thought my cough had worsened. Actually, I did not have much cough but had caught cold. But the Singhs have said this (that I should lead the shouting of this slogan). My body (physical condition) does not permit (me to do it); please accept whatever way I am able to say it. You can shout the slogan aloud yourselves.

Jarnail%2053.jpg

When the caps, the knots of people's hair, and the Janeoo (the sacred threads) of the Hindu society were being piled up at the end of Nauranga's (Emperor Aurangzeb's) cot, they (the Hindus) went to Mathura, Kidaarnath, Badrinarayan, Vaishnodevi, Samasyadevi and Shiv Ling (various Hindu holy places) and offered prayers. No one heard their cries. At that time, it is said, a divine letter arrived.

According to history, this letter was from Shiv Ji. Kashmiri pundits came with that letter to our Beloved Guru, Protector of the Faith (Siri Guru Tegh Bahaadar Sahib) at Anandpur Sahib. Upon arrival there, they appealed to him. They bowed their heads. They were sighing, had dry lips, tattered clothes, worn out shoes and were without proper covering for their heads. (Without cover, and shorn of their hair) their heads looked like water-melons.

guruteghbahadur.jpg

They came to the Guru Sahib and said: "Beloved (Guru), have mercy upon us. In earlier forms (Sikh Gurus preceding Siri Guru Tegh Bahaadar Sahib) you have spoken the words: "He embraces whoever seeks His protection. This is the Master's Way." We are oppressed; in your mercy protect our honor, hold our hand."

Some wise man said about Guru Tegh Bahaadar Sahib: "The only support is at the Feet of God; we should attach our minds to God's Feet (the Divine Word). The mind is prone to evil, through Guru's instruction we should turn our minds from evil. If we hold someone by the arm, we must not let go even if we have to give our head (must not betray anyone we have promised to support)."

Picy15.jpg

Guru Tegh Bahaadar spoke: "Dhar payeeay dharam na chhodiay (we must not give up our Faith even if it means death)."

Thus, our Beloved Guru held their hand. The Kashmiri pundits were overjoyed as a hungry man is when he is given bread; as a thirsty man is when given water; as one rescued from the jaws of death, from the jaws of a tiger, from a fire. Taking them along, He started on His way to Delhi. Our Beloved Guru has got ready and started off for Delhi. Preaching God's message to all on his way, meeting Ajari and fulfilling his prayers, our Beloved Guru reached Delhi. There was questions and answers with Nauranga. Here schemes were concocted for the martyrdom of Satguru Ji, the Supporter of the humble.

Bhai Mati Das (a companion of Siri Guru Tegh Bahaadar Sahib) was asked: "Smoke tobacco, take a sip of liquor, and chew tobacco, say once, "I am not the Guru's Sikh"; I shall give you my daughter in marriage." Bhai Mati Das contemptuously (literally: with the tip of his shoe) spurned the offer of Nauranga's daughter in marriage. The reply he gave at that time. Bhai Mati Das went to the Satguru. Maharaj (Siri Guru Tegh Bahaadar Sahib) asked him: "My brave man, how are you doing?" He replied: "God is merciful, all is well. I am facing a tough test. I do not want to score 99 percent. I want 100 percent. Have mercy on me. May I pass this test of being a Sikh. Of the Guru's family, the very first martyr was the Fifth King (Siri Guru Arjan Dev Sahib). Of Sikhs, the first martyrdom for the Faith is going to be mine. Have mercy so I may succeed, the coming generations may then receive guidance from it and be prepared for sacrifices." My throat does not permit me to recite aloud the sermon Satguru Tegh Bahaadar Sahib Ji, sitting in a cage, in Chandni Chowk, gave to Bhai Mati Das for the protection of the Faith. However, I shall do the best I can, you can repeat it more vigorously.

pic29.jpg

What is it that Satguru Tegh Bahaadar Sahib, sitting in a cage in Chandni Chowk, is telling Bhai Mati Das regarding His dear Faith? (It is): "Dityaan baajh nahin rehnaa, Dharam sir dityaan baajh nahin rehnaa" (Without sacrifice it will not survive; the Faith will not survive; the Faith will not survive without sacrifice of our lives)

Repeat after me: (The Congregation repeats the verse).

It (Faith) won't be kept with that much. How many of you are here? Why are you speaking in bird-like chirps. If a slogan has to be shouted for a leader or for a holy man, you make the place resound. It is a matter of Faith. I hope you have not fallen asleep. Is it too warm here? Speak aloud. Here NISA (the notorious law under which the Government carried out arbitrary arrests and killing of any active opposition) won't apply, this is Guru's Darbar. It (NISA) applies there, in Gandhi's Darbar In Guru Hargobind Sahib's Darbar the NISA of fifty two; yes, fifty two; is destroyed (the reference is to the fifty two Hindu princes for whom Siri Guru Hargobind Sahib is said to have secured release from jail simultaneously with His own release): Dityaan baajh nahin rehnaa, Dharam sir dityaan baajh nahin rehnaa (Without sacrifice it will not survive; the Faith will not survive without sacrifice of our lives). (The Congregation repeats the verse)

Sri Maan Sant Gyani Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa - Speech May 1983

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

Wow viewed this thread for the first time, lots of posts, just a quick correction, The picture with Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji, does have a sant sitting on the right in basic clothing. It is actually Baba Sahib Singh Ji Bedi from Una sahib who administered amrit to Maharaja Ranjit SIngh Ji and many of their contemporaries. They remained with Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji until their mahasamadhi then Baba Bir Singh Ji Naourangabaad Wale stayed with Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji

Sant Gyani Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale's Message to Monas (cut hair)

Sant Gyani Baba Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale's Message to Monas (cut hair)

Jernail_22.jpg

From Sant jee's lecture in Singh Garj compiled by Bhai Narain

So, I have a request for all of you who have cut their kesh and beards and have the name "Singh". I put my hands together and ask, 'Please, become my brothers'. And only become my brothers if you think I'm good. If you think I'm a low-life then don't at all become my brothers. If you call me good, then you'll have to keep your kesh and beards, give up liquor and if you call me a low-life, I'll be quiet and sit down and leave you alone.

Ok, those of you who have cut your kesh and beards, am I good or am I a low-life??

No, it won't do to remain quiet like that. Say it out loud.

No, No, just those who have cut beards.

If I'm good, then why don't you listen to me? If you keep your kesh and then I tell you to call me a Sant, or bow to me, then you can get rid of all the hair and you can cut your hair too if I tell you to oppose the Panth.

It was an old Sikh cry, "Sir Jaavay taa(n) jaavey mayraa Sikhee sidak naa javai" meaning, "If my head goes, then so be it, may my Sikhi faith never leave me."

But now there are two cries: Dharam jaavay taa(n) jaavay, saaDee kursee kitay naa jaavay meaning "Our Faith can go if it must, but our political seat should go nowhere. "

Or those youth who cut their hair and beards also have a cry:

Dharam jaavay taa(n) jaavay, daaRee saaDay moo(n)h tay naa aavay. Meaning, "Our faith can go if it must, but please let no beard come on our faces".

Tell me, if a son does not look like his father, what do you call him? Those of you sitting here with cut beards, do we believe in Dasam Paatshaah? Tell me, do we?

Sangat: Yes, we believe in him.

Well if we believe in him, then are we joining with him? Our Dasam Paatshaah had a kacherra, kirpan in a gatra, a beautiful dastaar, a beautiful Sree Saahib and Sarbloh kaRaa. We have a string type of thing around our necks, what do they call it? RakhRee? I dont' know what it is. We have a baandar kachee (monkey panties i.e. briefs) and we have no dastaar on our head or beard on our face. How will we call ourselves Guru's Sikhs? How will people call us the sons of our father??

If you want to be sons of your father and my brothers, those of you with cut hair have to keep it after today. And those of you who don't want to be their father's sons, then it's up to you if you want to stay a man or become like women. If you want to be men, then keep it uncut, and if you don't' want to be men, go to Darbaar Saahib and do ardaas, "Sachay Paatshah! Kill us and make us women. And make the women men." Trade off like this. Then, you'll have no beard on your face, nor will the barber have to sharpen his knife on a worn out leather shoe and rub it on your faces. And then neither would I have to have the headache of saying all this and neither would you feel angry after hearing it.

Oi! Now tell me, are you going to become your father's sons or not?? Why aren't you answering?? Those of you with cut beards, why are you sitting there with your heads down? And it's not going to work out if you don't speak.

sjsb1.jpg

ikonkaar.blogspot.com