Joints/bones

K4ur...

woahhh

thts suprising from you

never compromise on rehit

baba ji,

I guess you missed many things that i had written in the post. I said i don't know if there are any alternatives for cod liver oil. I also mentioned that if the bibi is amritdhari she can always go to the "panj" and consult them.

Now compromising the rehit question.

I am a Sikh not a Brahmin. If no alternates are available i see no harm in having cod liver oil. Its not that people take medicine for pleasure. We are using animal products in a certain way. I see no difference in eating and using animal products, animal is being killed for either purpose.

I hope i have made myself clear on this trivial issue and I am not going to get into any sort of argument over this matter with you.

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!

yes a sikh, not a brahmin

a sikh follows rehit

bhai sahib refused to eat for 40 days to uphold sarbloh bibek rehit

wether it is taken for pleasure or not is beside the point, consuming meat/fish/egg is bujjar kurehit, and therefore should be avoided in all/any circumstance.

i dont understand why people always say brahmin this and brahmin that, when people want to uphold rehit

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurfateh !

Go for Flaxseed !!

Flaxseed in Punjabi is 'Alsee' ਅਲਸੀ - also called linseed in English

If you know anything about Punjabi Old School 'Babay' - they were brought up on Panjeeri or 'Pineean' (Little balls of Panjeeri)

- made up of Desi Ghee, sugar , flour, almonds and Linseed Seeds (Flaxseed)

This Panjeeri is also given to breast feeding mothers - to build up their strength

If you look at old school panjabis brought up eating a lot of Alsee - they have no trouble with bad joints.

My Grandad is in his late 90s - and fit as a fiddle - he is very particular and steadfast in his Rehat - getting up at Amrit Vela and bathing in cold water (He still lives in Punjab) - he is a strict vegetarian (To the point where he tells me off for wearing a leather belt - he says that is beadhbe to my kacchera !! )

All Punjabis used to be brought up on Alsee valey Pineean - only now is modern science catching up with what our Puratan Bibian always knew !

Just cut out or reduce the sugar ghee etc if youre worried about the fat - and keep the Linseed/ Flaxseed.

It comes as seeds or as oil which you can dress salads with or just add to your normal foods or drink.

Give it a go

It's better than fish which pick up all sorts of stuff in the sea - infact the omega 3 comes from the stuff the fish eat - the fish don't generate it themselves - they get it from the plankton they eat.

Keep to the rehat Guru Sahib (Your Panj) gave you - Guru Sahib is Ang Sang !

Gurfateh !

Freed

yes a sikh, not a brahmin

a sikh follows rehit

i dont understand why people always say brahmin this and brahmin that, when people want to uphold rehit

next time you get sick, dont take medication ok ! cause most likely it'll have alcohol in it rolleyes.gif

i fully agree with what b4nd4 said, take it as medication if you can't find another solution. but as other's have pointed out Flaxseed should work wonders :TH:

penje i was in booots the other day and saw the cod liver oil tablets.. but suitable for veggies, so i think there is a improved veggie friendly tablets , erm look for those.. so they wwre the same but without the fish blink.gif does that make sense?

and yh u shudnt really have the fish ones, keep rejit as akj-forever veer said, its important.

sorry to go offf topic: but omg my knees click like MAD! should i take flaxseed oil ??? will it work... cuz at the moment wen i sit downn... my knees click LIKE MAD! :)

blink.gif

sorry to go offf topic: but omg my knees click like MAD! should i take flaxseed oil ??? will it work... cuz at the moment wen i sit downn... my knees click LIKE MAD! :)

blink.gif

Flaxseed is really good for a lot of things,not just joints!(jus look up the benefits of flxseed) i would say jus eat flaxseed thn take the oil. the seedz are tasty...oil would be yukky( dont like oilz lol)

i remember allssee all on the floor and used to play in it ....sooo sofft!!! nd beautiful color. lol

our family used to feed it to the cow/bufflow in "Kaarraah" too

used to think it was only for aniamlz...nd dont know why momz puttin in our peenniyaan blink.gif (dumb kid)

i wnt peeenniiyaaann or panjeerrii... blush.gif

anyone's family made asslleee peeniya...contact mee plz!!! :wubc:

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Apologies for going way off topic, but can anyone give any advice on how to prolong the lower legs and feet from going all tingly and numb, which happens whilst sat in a cho(n)kRee? The time span from when I sit down to when I get pins and needles is really short.

Thank you.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!