Help Me

Guest help me

Guest help me

snga ji i and my famly art geting along with me at all

te reasons r

my amrtvela is a bit bad and my dad wakes me at3 but i cant do my path i wake up at 5 and do it but dad shouts at me and says that too late .

my mum and dad dont let me were a bana or a damala

they r 2 culter help i have stoped talking to them and i am 15

As someone who wears Bana and Dumala, I agree with your Dad! Well why don't you worry first about your Amritvela, then about your Bana and Dumala. It's easy to dress up like a Sikh, it's not so easy to act like a Sikh. 5am is still technically Amritvela (last Pehar of the night) but we should all try and wake up earlier.

if you want to wear bana wear it! dont let them stop you. as for amritvela its not essential that you should wake up at 3 long as your doing it any time is fine. try talking to them about this and tell them how you feel

erm nope, the earlier the better.

its good that you have a dad that wakes you up for amritvela quite early, should take advantage. As for, dumala and bana, whats the reason they give you?

Parents are your first Guru. Talk to them with Pyar, I'm sure they'll understand - I wish someone would wake me up at 3am!!!

They might have reasons for not letting you wear Bana - it represents something that only a few can live up to. e.g. you say you can't wake up early - when I see a Singh in Bana i automatically assume he's Chardi Kala and a true Gursikh i.e. not a sheep in lions clothing. Maybe they feel you're not ready.

Family's important - respect your parents and they'll respect you back.

they think wearing is bana is showinging of

and my mumv heats it because its nihungs :nihungsmile: they say its not for our kind ok people if i put kirtan from web on from reshaibi or smothing she wi,l tell m to close it my is bad my dad geting better my mum hater wakeing up in amritvela :);)

Taken from Tapoban.org

The foundation for Gursikhi jeevan is a strong amrit vela. If we have a good amrit vela and our minds get the proper start, the rest of the day will go well guaranteed. Baba Naranjan Singh jee, Shiromani Kathakar of Patiala used to say:

"According to the Shastras, the person who gets up before 3am and takes a bath for meditation has given, in charity, a donation equivalent to one 'maund' of gold for such a noble act.

A person who gets up between 3am to 4am and takes a bath for meditation has given in charity, a donation equivalent to one 'maund' of silver.

A person who gets up between 4am to 5am and takes a bath for meditation has given in charity, a donation equavlent to one 'maund' of milk.

The actual benefit given by the Lord for Naam Simran, meditation and reading Gurbani during Amritvela cannot be described in words." pg. 208

A Ranglay Sajjan of the Jatha, Col Piara Singh jee used to say "Satguru jee himself takes the roll call of every Gursikh in the Amrit Vela Parade (naam abhyaas). He observes those who are absent for some time, but after repeated irresponsibility and absences, those people's names are then cut from his register"

So let us try to take the full benefit of Amrit Vela and get the blessings of Guru Sahib.

Matheen is right by saying that your parents are your first Guru or God. People complicate how God/Vaheguru operates and hence tend to get confused, but in reality his principles are the most simplest, the most easiest to follow; it has somewhat become tough today, but at the same time easier, you as an individual should work towards them.

On this earth, on which we are born and gifted with life and parents whom care the utmost for you will only think of the benefits for you. Mark my words, no matter what, your biological parents are the only people who will think of you and want to aid you no matter what, even if they do not show it, they certainly have the feelings towards you. But then again, there is our creator who is also along side us and to accompany us forever.

In your case, you should be intoxicated by their love for you. You really are lucky to have parents to guide you in your spiritual life and are really trying their best to work you towards it. Them being strict is not because they don't like you or detest you, it's because they want you to be a better person who is well disciplined. So maybe in future you can do the same for your family or someone else. Do think about yourself from their point-of-view and think to yourself, what I am doing and what are they trying to teach me?

As for your bana and dumala, your parents do have a legit point to not allowing you to wear it. It has it's own significant meaning and really is something unique which was gifted to us. I'm sure that the first time someone wore a bana/dumala with their heart's full consent and soul -- they felt the most tremendous inexpressible experience, very happy, delighted, filled with love and joy. Most people take it for granted. Do you think that you should be entitled to the bana/dumala as of now? Let me let you on a little secret; a bana/dumala is most beautiful on that person who really does a lot of naam and bani as well as seva. This is viewable in everyday life, just look at someone who is chardikala without having the bana/dumala on and try to look at one which has the bana/dumala but does not have the bani or naam -- at that point, you yourself can tell that description and that the other person without a bana does more bani or naam, but they perhaps the meaning for it and think they arn't ready for such a gift as yet.

Gursikhs can be recognized by a little observation from their actions, their talk, their seva, their sweet words, their glowing face, their unending love for everyone as if they are a part of his family, which is true, we are all from one creations, etc; this my friend -- is what your parents want you possess as well. Would you let yourself leave such a opportunity, would you let it go to waste?

I do understand the feelings which you have wanting to wear the bana, but please do take care of this: Without the Naam and Bani, the Bana will be useless to you. Many people would want to show off to others by wearing it, yet they do not know the true meaning of it. It really does possess a mysterious power... don't forsake it by illusions and show off as well. Don't become another victim to that illusion.

Try keeping up with your parents, talk to them about this and tell them you are very sorry and they did want the best intentions for you. Listen, if you say this to them, not exactly what I said, but your feelings from inside you after thinking about all this. I guarantee you 100% they will embrace you and even help you more in everything. Please don't let such an opportunity go away. You really do have caring parents, some people get neglected and no help in their lives from their parents, although the parents still love them somewhat. If I look your words from another point-of-view, I can easily conclude that you are complain about you getting very good, beneficial support from your parents who want to lead you in the good direction and path and uplift your spirituality.

Remember, do respect your parents. They are your first God here, the reason I don't say Gods is because they are now One as well. But do treat them equally as well, although naturally we tend to love our mothers more, but don't forget your father as well.

God's principals are simple, remember that as well. If you can't treat your parents well, how would God trust you that you won't do the same to him?

You not only get respect and love from your parents, but their wishes count above everyones else. What they wish/hope for you, is more than what anyone can wish/hope for you.

So try keeping up with your parents for a month or so, let them gain more confidence and trust in you and then ask them again for them allowing you to wear the bana/dumala, what their answer will be; not from normal people, but God himself, remember that, treat them well. They will benefit you in so many ways you could never imagine. Don't ever let them down.