Ego

Jaspaul Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa,

Waheguru ji ki fateh!

Sadh Sangat jio, forgive me if i ask anythin in the following dat some wont find rite ... but i was just wondering and thinking about it for a while so i reli wanted to ask the sangats view.

It hasnt been long since i took amrit, about almost 2 years in april. And i have been going to kirtan programs (akj raensbais) and all. When it is time for kirtanees to do kirtan, some get more time than others and some get less. Or in other words, some want more time than others and or because they are really good would want more time. Some even say, ohh i didnt get enough time and so on...

I dont know if i should be saying this but towards the young soles out there doing the kirtan, doesnt this bring ego within us. Rather than concentrating on guru ji, and singing wit the sadh sangat jio, its like ur doing the kirtan for show ...

I have heard too many times amongst kirtanees, that were complaining on not getting enough time, and complementing themselves on how nice there voice is...

Is this wat guru ji looks at ??

Also another thing is, just a normal question... Do u guys think one should know the full meaning of a shabad before we actually sing it in kirtan ? Wouldnt it make sense to ...

Sorry jio if i have said anythin wrong... rolleyes.gif

bul chuk maph

waheguru jee ka khalsa! waheguru jee kee fateh!!

It's obviously NOT what Guru Jee looks at. Guru Sahib Jee only cares for love. It doesn't matter how fast you can move your hands on the keys, or how high you can take your voice, or how you can shake your voice...it's about the piyaar and devotion that you sing Guru Sahib Jee's bani with.

And yes, when you are doing keertan you should try to understand the bani that you are reading. When a person does keertan they are preaching the bani to the sangath. Say something that wasn't amrit dharee was to do this shabadh "peevoh pahul khanday dhaar..." it would be hypocritical for someone how has not taken amrit to be telling the sangath to take amrit.

Not only should you know what the shabadh means, but you should follow what the bani is saying...or feel what the bani is saying. These days we have sikhitothemax...which is an excellent way to research the meaning of bani...

bhul chuck maaf karnaa jee

sandeep kaur