Guru Nanak Picture In A Barbar Shop

hellosingh

hi first time writin a topic on forum!!!!!!!!

basically i am at uni in birmingham and i was chillin with my friend who happens to be muslim, after our lecture finshed me and my friend decided to link up with another friend of ours who also goes 2

our uni ( he also a muslim.) he said that he was in a barbar shop gettin his hair cut and for us to meet him there

before u start shoutin at me i wasnt to happy to meet him their, and i didnt go in.

once me and my mate got 2 the barbar shop in birmingham town we waited outside there, as soon

as we got their 1 of the owners came out and said to my mate do u want a haircut, but as we were just there 2 meet our mate he said no. he didnt ask me seein that i was wearin a patka.

then he spoke 2 me in punjabi sayin how was i which i reply i fine thanks.

when i looked into the shop i couldn't beleive what i saw so i had to keep lookin and to my disbeleif

i saw a picture of guru nanak maharaj.

i didnt know what to do with the situation as i was shocked and kept asking myself why on earth

these people would do that, fair enough the owners of the shop weren't pure sikhs but u need to draw the line somewhere when it comes to respectin a religios leader.

also there was a picture of some muslim religios guy nexts to the picture of

guru nanak maharaj. so i was confused whether the owners were sikh or muslim so i asked

my mate who that muslim guy in the picture was but he didnt have a clue.

when my other mate came out of the shop who was gettin his hair cut i ask him whether the owners

of the shop were muslim or sikhs but he didnt know.

i wanna know the sangat views on this please and whether you would have done something. or has

this been going on for ages and i just a bit clueless. i know many sikh people who drink at

home and in their living room they have huge photos of guru nanak maharaj and guru gobind singh

i know they are bad as each other and in the end we will be judged on our actions.

thanks

ahh reminds me of india back in april earlier this year.

i went india and it was really good until. A place called mullanpur was right near our pind and we used to go there alot to shop..my relatives where there and i found out that they were in a bibia's facial store or whatever they are, where they cut bibias facial kesh off....so my relatives came out and we went home i got told that they had guru nanak dev ji's picture there...and this just annoyed me so i went with my cusin the next day, and walked in, and as soon as i walked in i saw the picture and said take it off now. i could tell that the bbibia there were shocked seeing a singh with a big dumalla randomly popping in saying that. So the bibia there said the owner of the shop is not in so theyre not going to take it off, so i asked when she will be back and they said 1-2 hours so i said ill come back tomorow to meet her. So i went there again and asked where she is and she still was not there, but then i found out that one of my relatives works there. So i told that relative of mine to take the picture of as its beadbi and it will not do any good to her shop and i wont leave till its taken off. so she said shell speak to her boss. When she came back from work she told me that the boss said that she doesnt want to take it off because it helps her run the shop, this annoyed me. Funny enough, i heard a scooter coming into our house later that night and it was HER!...i knew it was going to get interesting now hehe. My family members just looked and smiled at me and gave me that look saying ' we know what your going to do... dont do it' hahaha, so i went and said helo..blah blah..you taken the picture of then?....she laughed and said she does not want to as it helps her run the shop so i said, how can it help you run the shop when guru ji says dont cut your kesh! its a bujjar kurehit!! and your ther cutting kesh enfront of mahraj, how is that not beadbi? she didnt have a reply and she knew that she was not going to win and said that she will go in tomorow and take it off.

mission accomplished.

so yeah it would make sence going to speak to the guy and tell him how its wrong!

that reminds me i saw a picture of indira gandhi in a shop in derby. i too was shocked. went in their spoke to the manager kind of got angry and told him to take it down. he did. but its your own opinion really. if you think it is offensive have a word with them most people are understanding if not try other means

Few weeks ago I saw 1 uncle come to the Gurdwara wearing a cap. He did matha tek with the cap on. The teenaged kid doing chaur sewa was laughing, and so was the other teenaged kid playing the tabla. I was losing my temper that no one stopped him come in with a cap, and now these 2 are laughing. One Singh came forward to tell 2 other Sikhs in front of me about him, but I couldn't hear properly as keertan was going on. After Ardas was done, I started searching for that uncle like a hungry lion. Saw him in the langar hall sitting with a Singh uncle ji. The cap waale uncle got up all of a sudden and returned with a rumaal tied on his head. I told one of my friends all this, that those 2 guys were laughing. He said "Thats because the cap had Budweiser logo on it".