Thinking About Getting A New Laptop!

Heera Singh

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alienware are ranked as the best commercial gaming laptops, true. But if you know how to build what and which parts to get and tweak them, they can beat the Alienware anyday, but ofcourse lots of hardwork is put in. rolleyes.gif

I don't think someone should waste so much money for a laptop like the Alienware when you could personally build one yourself much much cheaper.

absolutely agree with you bro. its just that some people dont have the time, patience, or skill to build one, so there only option would be to buy it.....

Alienware are ranked as the best commercial gaming laptops, true. But if you know how to build what and which parts to get and tweak them, they can beat the Alienware anyday, but ofcourse lots of hardwork is put in. rolleyes.gif

I don't think someone should waste so much money for a laptop like the Alienware when you could personally build one yourself much much cheaper.

absolutely agree with you bro. its just that some people dont have the time, patience, or skill to build one, so there only option would be to buy it.....

blink.gif you got money bro... I would save $3000+ and invest that into good time building one. But wow -- only option to buy it!? hehe -- can I expect one from you soon? :lol:

blink.gif you got money bro... I would save $3000+ and invest that into good time building one. But wow -- only option to buy it!? hehe -- can I expect one from you soon? :lol:

i wasnt talking about my self or me buying a computer. i just gave heera singh ji ideas on whats out there....i dont gots that kinda of money anyway....

IBM is always over priced and they will always remain with the title "corporate computers".. If you want to buy a decent laptop to last 2 to 3 years.. go for a small screen 12" and light weight...

I own Dell Inspiron 710M for about 1200 bucks comes with 1gb ram and 100gb hd & 2.0 ghz and that was year and half ago.. pretty decent price at that time and it runs great !

Though they don't carry on with 700m's anymore but there's new replaced model: Dell XPS M1330 comes with a bit bigger screen 13.3.. I recommend you to buy that.. Don't forget to look at Dell Outlet to buy refurbished laptop (will save you at least 200 bucks)

If you are working in IT then you should always buy XP but if its for personal use then vista is fine

Don't forget to look at Dell Outlet to buy refurbished laptop (will save you at least 200 bucks)
Totally agree, really saves you some $_$ -- my dad used to tell me to always try this as my first option and then build over that. Works great. You could even trade in your old laptop to get some more hardware parts which are better or get some extra money back.