Very Very Very Very Importent For Every Gursikh

varindersingh

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji ki Fathe.

Saadsangaat ji,

This is Varinder Singh :nihungsmile: from Auckland, New Zealand.

There was an exhibition healed by Hamilton city council they asked following questions to every religion in Waikato region.

1) Why is your religion important to you?

2) Some people might say religion and faith are not relevant in a modern society – what would you say to that?

3) How is your religion/faith part of your everyday life?

4) What does your religion and faith offers you? E.g. what is the appeal

5) How does going to Gurdwara make you feel?

6) Does music play a part in your faith/religion – how important is it to you – what does it offers

After collecting the answers of these questions they went through all the answers and they graded those answers. According to those grades they gave place to every religion in that exhibition.

Total 9 religions participated in that.

Saadsangat Ji in this exhibition Sikh religion got first place due to "SARBAT DA BHALA" and heaps of other things. They said values of this religion can help entire universe.

One lady from their team came to Gurudwara Sahib to see our religion. Bhai ji of Gurudwara Sahib showed her those pictures of martyrs and Saadsangat when She saw the pictures of Bhai Mati Das ji, Bhai Dyala ji, Bhai Taru Singh, Bhai Subeg Singh ji and others, she cried. She asked were those real?

Saadsangat Ji please give answers of these questions, because Daas is very sure we will learn some thing more.

Bhull chukk maaf Karni ji….

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji ki Fathe.

WaheGuru G Ka Khalsa WaheGuru G Ki Fateh

S. varinder Singh G

Its a really really Good to share all these things among us and to everyone. Bcoz these things would develop a Good-Faith and Respect towards Shri Guru Granth Sahib G , SikhPanth and to all Guru G's Family (Sikh Sangat)...

Look the thing is there is no limits, to give a regards and pay honor to Shri Guru Granth Sahib G and it depends upon a person to person there Bhavna Satkaar Approach and in return also we'll get the Blessings of our Guru G.

Thats why Guru G told a Universal message to us

respect.gif

:WW: Vaho :WW: Vaho :WW: Bani :WW: Nirank Kaar Hai

Tis Jevad Avar Na Koee

respect.gif &

respect.gif Guru Ki Mahima Akath Hai :WW: Kya Kathe Kathan Haar

Guest Dopey Kaur

thats like asking why is breathing important to you............i life without waheguru is a fate worse then any/all hells united together

2) Some people might say religion and faith are not relevant in a modern society – what would you say to that?

a society without waheguru and contemplation that there is something Higher than ur than controls anything is living in the worlds biggest illusion, and i society i do not wish to accosiate myself with

my faith is my life.....without it im a hollow shell

it offers me everything that the world does not.............pure, unconditional,devoted LOVE..............Trust that knows no bounds...........cant realy put this into words blush.gif

like a child who is returning to the safe, protective arms of her/his mother after a period of separation that seems to last a lifetime

6) Does music play a part in your faith/religion – how important is it to you – what does it offers

vibrating on the Name of The Lord through Shabad Kirtan is a state of bliss that one cannot describe it.......it can only be felt

1. Religion is important to us because it is who we are. Its our identity. Without identity, a person is nothing in this world. We are sikhs. A sikh is life-long learner. Learns something new every day.

2. Religion is faith? I dont see the difference in that. Our religion is sikhy. Our faith is Guru ji. (not too sure what this question is asking)

3. Guru ji tells us to read bani everyday. Bani is the biggest part of our religion. Keeping rehat is another big big part. There are many many ways he keeps us connected with him, but the most common are the Panj K's. With these we are constantly reminded of our purpose and our duty in life. Life as the khalsa, life as the saint, life as.....

4. What doesnt it offer us?, should be the question. Dasem guru ji faught against sava lakh with just 1, how he did that? well thats what our religion offers: Strength, turth, and the power to overcome anything in this world. But only if you become guru-wale first.

5. There is no other feeling like when a sikh goes to meet with his guru. This feeling is unexplained, and cant be felt, unless practised. We should try to go to gurudwara every day.

6. Music has significant part. But not like the music most people think of. Musical instruments have been around sikhy ever since guru nanak dev ji's time period, and are still here today.

Gurbani is widely expressed with the use of musical instruments. (kirtan, dhadi jathas....)

anything that expressed guru ji's words is important and has meaning behind it.

when we have complete sharda for guru ji, and keep rehat no matter what, then guru ji does kirpa. but if we think "oh hey its ok if i dont do paath today, i'll just do it tommrow", then were not gonna get anywhere in life....

listen to katha, read bani, and take amrit. lets prepare ourselfs for a time to come......

p.s. if your unclear about any of the answer above, please ask

- "I have no Religion, but I am Sikh" -- words of a very profound Sikh writer

Sikhi is not so much a religion, buh a way of life. This way of life teaches discipline, righteousness, and above all "Truth" and the inner search of the soul. This way of life brings peace, joy and bliss into ones life and teaches some very valuable beliefs.

I would say a lot of those people just say that because they're more concerned with pleasing their own minds then their Lord. I would say that this world is engulfed in Maya which is why people are straying away from being 'God-Conscious' and have become 'Maya-conscious'.

Without it, there is no life for me. Everything I do, or believe comes back to Sikhi. This way of life teaches me how to live a practical, righteous and truthful life, and also how to deal with the outside world of Maya, Ego, hatred, hypocrisy, bigotry etc...

Prayer and meditation are an integral part of my daily life.

Peace, Bliss, Joy etc... Also offers me the understanding in how to live a truthful life, and offers me the understanding of serving the Lord and all HIS people. It offers me a way to cleanse my mind and meditate on the Lord.

Anywhere where I can see my Guru fills my heart with Joy.

6) Does music play a part in your faith/religion – how important is it to you – what does it offer?

Yes it does. Its very important to me. I love to sing the Glorious Praises (Naam and Bani) with the congregation (Sadh Sangat). Offers me a sense of peace, joy, love, bliss etc...

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji ki Fathe..

Saad Sangat Ji,

I am really very happy with your answers..

I am totally a new Sikh. My name was Varinder Kumar and 6 months back Guru ji blessed me with the " DAAT OF AMRIT" and Gave me name Varinder Singh.

I always had serval questions in my mind. 2.5 years back I came to New Zealand as a Student and during this time studied my religion and I got answers of my all Questions. And today when I saw replies from all of you it makes me sooooooooooooo happy...

Every one's answers are awesome....

Waheguru tuhanu chardi kala vich rakhe.....

But after this Hamilton City Council Published an Article on Sikhism written by bhai Ji of Hamilton Gurudwara Sahib. He is a true Sikh. He help every needy person no meter where that person from, what cast religion, cast is, nationality is he/she from. And Saad Sangat ji it was the main head line of front page. City concil did not publish the article of any other religon. Every one gave respect to Sikhism in that city

In My Next post I am going to publish article and there is another person who is clean Shaven Management member of Walington Gurudwara Sahib he wrote against that Article. Very next day city council publish that article as well......

I want to know from you Saad Sangat ji what we should do with that Person Because One person tried to represent our selves in front of those people who don't know about sikhi and another person ( who use to call him self from same religion and a Management member of gurdwara) tried to make people laugh on us.

Next Post comming soon....

Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa,

Waheguru Ji ki Fathe..

may guru ji keep you in chardi kala varinder ji. always have faith in him, and he will guide you the entire way.....

Waheguru tuhanu v chardi kala vich Singh saab....

Bahut khushi hundi hai when ever I get any Gursikh to talk to.......

Where are you from ???? :nihungsmile: :nihungsmile: