Marriage

Guest bacholee

Guest bacholee

This is a very odd topic for me to post. I have a friend whose been looking for a marriage partner but she is having a lot of trouble. Her family have posted ads in newspapaers, asked friends etc but they are not getting what they want.

Basically the boy needs to match my friend. She is 24, Occupation - actuary from the UK. Ideal partner wud be the same age and working in similar area or earning the same about of money (above 50k per year).

I know alot of sikh people but I do not know that many sikh high achievers. If anyone knows someone can they reply 'get in contact with me' and I will PM you and we can exchange more details.

Thanks.

Guest mr singh17
This is a very odd topic for me to post. I have a friend whose been looking for a marriage partner but she is having a lot of trouble. Her family have posted ads in newspapaers, asked friends etc but they are not getting what they want.

Basically the boy needs to match my friend. She is 24, Occupation - actuary from the UK. Ideal partner wud be the same age and working in similar area or earning the same about of money (above 50k per year).

I know alot of sikh people but I do not know that many sikh high achievers. If anyone knows someone can they reply 'get in contact with me' and I will PM you and we can exchange more details.

Thanks.

this isnt shaadi.com lollll

You might want to consider expanding a little on the persons or the required persons jeevan, level of sikhi, etc rather than just the amount of money that they earn. This may be why your friend is having problems.

If a sincere gurmukh sajjan replies to this, it woudl be quite sad. You haven't provided any meaningful information about the bibi. So what if she is 24, has such and such job and earns over 50k?? Is this anything important to base a life decision on? No.

Is she an amritdhari gursikh??

Nitnemi? Naam abhyaasi? Rehitvaan? Dastardhari? Akhand paathi? Keertani?

How many banis does she know by heart? How much paath does she do? How deep is her desire to have darshan of akaal?

These are the types of things that would qualify one as a "sikh high achiever", not occupation and salary. Maybe the narrow-minded "high achiever" qualities she seeks is what is making people avoid contacting her with rishtey.

actuary?

wat job is that?

if it gets more than 50k a year i want it

hahaha

Baba ji

To get a 50 000 a yr job, u actually got to go to school!!! and study too <_< ))))))))))))

however if Guru ji's doin kirpa, you can nto study, drop out of uni and get a £20 000 job a year- hahaha, that#s truly kirpa :)

:D )))))))))))

Guest bacholee
is she amritdhari?

She has not taken Amrit and I would describe her as your average sikh with nothing extra. She does her daily prayers, goes gurdwara and believes in God...

For her marrying a sikh in a similar earning band is very important. I have spoken to her about how this might be difficult but she refuses to believe there is not a sikh person who is unable to reach where she is. She does not want to settle for someone who earns 20k as she will find it difficult to take time off to have children esp if she earns more - if anyone is interested please write PM me and I will exchange more details.