Stop Being Punks?

nazzy

WJKK WJKF

Sangat Ji. Don't you think its about time that we stop crying foul, and start defending ourselves. I mean everywhere you look you see a story about a Sikh getting assaulted, or beaten. Even in Punjab, in every fight against the DSS followers, the Sikhs got their butts whooped. Even in England, there no longer a Shere Punjab. Now the Muslims usually just beat on the Sikhs without any retaliation. Our Guru's taught us not to start any attack, but also not to back down. I am ashamed at some of the stories I see. Only place where Sikhs hold any sort of respect for being tough is probably in Vancouver, but most of those guys are drug dealers. What is going on here. We were once people had enough nerve to fight 125,000 vs. 1. We use to defend the Hindus who did not have enough courage to fight against the moguls. Now I think we need to ask for some help. I may be wrong here, but most of the tough Sikhs I see now don't wear turbans. Most of them wear earring and have tattoos. Don't think I am one of those, this is from my personal experience.

Well said.

Edit: I think you can add Toronto to your list of "tough" punjabis (not saying sikhs since people here don't consider monay as sikhs) as well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the writing is on the wall....we are truly in deep trouble if this is how people think....

we? who's we? I am ready for war when needed. jamdoot.gif

Come on dude. Deep inside there is a part of you that you know is Sikh despite what everyone else says.

Guest peacemaker
I guess the writing is on the wall....we are truly in deep trouble if this is how people think....

we? who's we? I am ready for war when needed. jamdoot.gif

Come on dude. Deep inside there is a part of you that you know is Sikh despite what everyone else says.

That was cold, brotha!

Mister Singh hello and WHAT IS RONG WITH UR PICTURE, AYIAH BUDDA MISTER SINGH

And who are you talking about, Kumjee?

The problem with today's Sikh is that we have become pampered and soft.

We are now middle-class rather than being working-class, the love of material wealth and all other middleclass attachments. We have a lot to lose materially, whether we are in Punjab or elsewhere, we have become the things we always have dreaded "BRAHMINS", we have forgotten our Sikh ways and principles, our people need a good kick up the back side economically.

After all, maya is temporary, Sikhi is permanent.