Stop Being Punks?

nazzy

If, God forbid, the tutti hits the fan and we haven't got enough quality Sipahis about you will see how hollow your arguments are. Live in reality.

No one is disputing the spiritual side but people are using it as an excuse for plain old fashioned gidderness. The sipahi side comes from training and consciously living a life where you challenge your fears. It also includes thinking like a sipahi, i.e. strategically.

If your bull arguments were correct than Dasmesh Pita would have been raised purely on a spiritual tip. But everyone who has bothered to study will know that military training and exercise was an important part of his upbringing/life.....why didn't he just do nam simran all the time as some people seem to be suggesting?

Would you agree that physical (or martial) and spritual attributes need to go hand in hand then? At the end of the day it's the spirituality which will give us the fearlessness. I believe it's the lack of spirtuality that creates the fear of death within us.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

training, martial arts, physical activity gets u warrior qualities. sprituality helps u to put them to the correct use. spirituality wont teach u to throw a punch but will help u punch the right person,lol. relax jus an example.

to many papu singhs, id say 95 perent of sikh UK population is papu. u can moan all u like but its the truth. less then 1 percent of the non papu type actually go out and try to do sumthing when the honour of our community is at state.

its a sad state of affairs. we got no one to blame but ourselves. but we as a community cant even admit it to ourselves.

I strongly agree, too many pupoo's!!

I recall two Singhs having an arguement once, and then it almost ended up in a fight. One offered the other one out to a fight, the other replied 'no thats not Gurmat'. LOL

Obviously, it wasn't Gurmat for them to fight, but neither was argueing. Singhs use this 'not Gurmat' statement to cover up them having no 'bottle'. I've seen it many times, we walk around with Sant Jarnail Singh Bhinderanwale t-shirts but when push comes to shove; "I havent got a jeevan"

Singhs walk around in Bana, wear big shaster, look like warriors, but are far from it. You would'nt see a guy walking in a Karate outfit if he didn't practice karate. The Bana is not a uniform of a Sant, it is the uniform of the Khalsa; Sant-Siphai!

Guest peacemaker
You would'nt see a guy walking in a Karate outfit if he didn't practice karate.

I see them all the time where I live. The Karate Gi is a very fashionable outfit to wear.

sant without sapahi is nothing.

sipahi without sant is nothing.

You can't have one without the other. Simple

Read my post carefully...it's not the same as 'focus on your own jeevans before you become sipahi blah blah blah'

What I'm saying is that to be the best person or sikh you can try to be, you gotta practice both saintlihood and soldierhood. Which is why we carry our panj kakkars to remind us of this. There's no point in carrying a kirpan, if you're going to come up with excuses not to use it.

But then there's no point in carrying it if you can't even get up and do at least your 5 bani's a day.

Then there's Guru Hargobind's take on the matter...he had Miri and Piri...representing SPIRITUAL AND TEMPORAL POWER.

But also, he accepted that sometimes spirituality can be mightier than the sword. His youngest son, Guru Tegh Bahadur showed the greatest power, strength and sacrifice by giving up his life for others- in a fight against injustice. Ever since he was a child, he never showed the same flair for fighting as his father, but it doesn't make him any weaker does it?

When a Mahaan Bibi Ji carried out the funerals of the Sahibzada's and those others who lay shaheed at Chamkaur, she waited in meditation - even when thieves and soldiers beat and stabbed her, she did not budge, until she was granted her wish of joining those beloved children, leaving her body - which was pushed into the funeral fire. She carried out a self-less, amazing act - knowing that her life would be at risk from Mughals etc. but she still did it - she could have fought but she didn't, she did Naam Simran.

I don't know whether what I wrote makes sense lol hope you get my point though <_<

Hukm always confuses me. If we act the way Guru Ji INTENDED US to, would it be bad if I cut my hair, smoked , lied or whatever? Because my acts are as good as GuruJi's intentions, right? If someone is geting bullied in front of me, do I accept it and say Guru Ji wanted it to happen, or do I think if i stand u for this person- it's Guru Ji's intentions? Our actions should be the illustrations of what we KNOW deep down is right. Our life should be led as per gurmat as much as possible- I think that this gives us the idea of what is Hukm. Sikhs accepts that everything in the Universe happens according to the Will Waheguru. It is by the command of Waheguru that we are born and we die.

I think I just confused myself again... <_<

Everyone makes the excuse about how being spiritual is more important (which is might be true) But their where many spiritual individuals before Sikhi look what happened to them.

What happened to them then?

PS. As wimps go, I'm a self confessed wimp!! If I could sit and do chaupi sahib rather than smack someone in the face, then I would. I'm soo lame..

trust me, a normal slap, is just a normal slap.

but a slap filled with chaupi sahib? oh man, that thing is gonna leave a scar man!!