Should Things Like This Be Allowed To Be Sold On Ebay?

123singh123

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

That's a very cool statue. Should it be sold? It's not like anyone is going to worship it, right? The statue isn't my Guru, rather, it's a depiction of my Guru, so I don't see why not.

we dont beleive in statues, our gurus showed us the bright oath of Gurbani.

anyone can make a statue and name it as Guru's statue, you can make one today and then leave it outside for few years and then claim that its a antique. we shouldn;t be beleivign in this stuff to begin with.

well said.

i hope noone buys it will lead to idol worship and vaam.

whoever makes this type of thing should be stopped.

Guest peacemaker
well said.

i hope noone buys it will lead to idol worship and vaam.

whoever makes this type of thing should be stopped.

If someone has a "picture" of any Guru in their house, can that also lead to idol worship?

you got that right,,,,,,,, picture again is someone's imagination, no one knows how are Gurus looked. The only way it helps i guess is, people maintain faith, they have something in front of them to look at and most of it came into SIkhi from hindus. We got Guru Granth Sahib as the greatest treasure to look at and bleive in it, but most people are scared to keep the living Guru at home and use the pictures as an alternative.

Are the pictures of Guru a true image of what they really looked?

I feel they can lead to idol worship, ritualism and bad practice.

For example we see images of Guru Sahibs on calendars, (if they’re a true impression of them we don’t know) With calendars they are only of use for 1year, I no people who are scared to throw them away due to the picture on the calendar as they feel it will bring bad luck. Luck and superstition we no are against Sikh Ideology.

Also some images are questionable for example Guru Gobind Singh, some different and vary from one picture to another. So the vadilty of the images are in question.

Another point I have sceen one picture of all ten Gurus on the painting and two Gurus look exactly the same.

Did the Gurus have the time to sit for portraits??

They wouldn’t want us to idolize the pictures, as can lead to anti Sikh Practice.

--------------------