Sikh community vows to banish social evils

Deep Singh

Dear Deep Singh ji!!

I am glad that u responded very nicely and I appreciate ur understanding.

But still there are some issues.

You said:

"1) Okey..great! ban alcohol! i agree 100%"

----I totally agree with that.

You said:

"2) okey..women should also have fun. never said that they should not."

----I was trying to convince u on this and u were already with me,I am delighted.

you said:

"3) And YES there are women NOT from respected families who dance at these weddings. some times famous singers are brought, and they bring some girls with them who are dancing and the sharabi men are looking at them. this happens man! now i do not know if they are prost.s or what, but still they are not members of the families....""

---This is the evil.Gurudwara people should BAN this not dancing of ladies.So they are totally wrong in banning dancing of ladies as that is not bad at all.These cheap singers with ladies should not be allowed in wedding.AND if u ban liquor then problem of "shrabi" people will also eradicate.

you said:

""4) I am not sure if all will agree that dancing is perfectly fine. as in Gurbani dancing has been rejected, also several Rehitnameh talk aganist them. but i agree that it is the way people dance that is wrong...or the way the men look at ladies, either they are from respected families or from some singing group who i called prost.s as i could not find a better word. that is my bad, sorry for that. also i am not sure how many people will think it is perfectly fine that ladies dance alongside roads as they are going with the b

araat. (not that i favour men doing so) """

---I dont know if bani rejects dancing.For me, it is superb and I dont see any better expression of showing ur inner feelings.I dont think it is banned in gurbani.Can u plzzz provide me the reference where it is said in Gurbani. If men look at umm in bad sence than its the "men" problem. Gurudwaras should teach umm how to behave in society.The same case is of working women in India.Can Gurudwara ban the working Sikh women????

If u want to change the thinking of society then u have to stand firm, not by compromising.

I am completely against "banning " dancing.It doesn;t matter if it is he or she.Restricting life enjoyments for no reason or for reason in which one is not wrong, is totally wrong.I think we should teach society of its evils.

Thanks a lot for ur reply,

--Balwinder Singh

BalWinder SIngh ji...

a Deep Singh ji said:

The solution to this problem is NOT to stop women from expressing their 'Khushi' or emothions

Does by dancing on a stage...trying to produce lust within men...express their Khushi rolleyes.gif

C'mon..oke You can dance like a SISTER..thats COMPLETLY another hing..like Gidda type...but on Marriages it USUALLY NOT GIDDA TYP

..as above they ARE banning liquir as well

JKaur ji and Vicky ji..

I think some progression is being made, and shortly SEEMS like they're gonna begin with that as well.

As Gabroo likes to say -

'And yr 2004 has just begun :) '

BHull chukk maaf :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dear Mr. Singh,

If u read my views, I am not supporting the idea of that lusty dance.I am supporting the dance of brothers and sisters, wife and husband, son and father...etc. Dont get me wrong.Please, first read and understand,what I am supporting and what I am opposing.

I am sorry, if u got me wrong

Regards,

--Balwinder Singh

Dear Mr. Singh,

If u read my views, I am not supporting the idea of that lusty dance.I am supporting the dance of brothers and sisters, wife and husband, son and father...etc. Dont get me wrong.Please, first read and understand,what I am supporting and what I am opposing.

I am sorry, if u got me wrong

Regards,

--Balwinder Singh

lol..sorry bhaji..I missunderstood you then

soz..forget my post tongue.gif

bhull chukk maaf :)

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Balwinder Singh ji:

here are some Shabads from Gurbani:

Ang 122, Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Guru Amar Das jee.

One may beat upon and play all sorts of instruments,

but no one will listen, and no one will enshrine it in the mind.

For the sake of Maya, they set the stage and dance, but they are in love with duality, and they obtain only sorrow. ||6||

Those whose inner beings are attached to the Lord's Love are liberated.

They control their <admin-profanity filter activated> desires, and their lifestyle is the self-discipline of Truth.

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, they meditate forever on the Lord. This devotional worship is pleasing to the Lord. ||7||

here bhaji, Guru Sahib criticize dancing. the main thing is that the lyrics that music has is bad. Also Rehit speaks against this:

Those who listen to dirty lyrics and lustful tunes with attention, listen Nand Lal Jee, they will be punished by the angel of death.;

Bhai Nandlal jee

link: http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Rehat.asp?ID=62

Also Guru Arjan Dev ji tells us:

Ang 820, Sri Guru Granth Sahib

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

this is why i said there should be no dancing...as what i have experienced that the music at such parties is often bad...let us sit back and for once hear what these punjabi singers are singing...it i

s really shameful and lusty.

BalWinder SIngh ji...

a Deep Singh ji said:

The solution to this problem is NOT to stop women from expressing their 'Khushi' or emothions

Does by dancing on a stage...trying to produce lust within men...express their Khushi rolleyes.gif

C'mon..oke You can dance like a SISTER..thats COMPLETLY another hing..like Gidda type...but on Marriages it USUALLY NOT GIDDA TYP

JKaur ji and Vicky ji..

I think some progression is being made, and shortly SEEMS like they're gonna begin with that as well.

As Gabroo likes to say -

'And yr 2004 has just begun :) '

BHull chukk maaf :@

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee

Kee Fateh!!

whoaaaa

so girls have NOTHING better to do than to "incite lust in men" when they dance?

Deep Sigh ji!!

I am really very very thankful to you for getting me the reference.I feel really great when brothers like u give everybdy a chance to read gurbani.

The bani refered here is of Guru Amardas ji. One tuk from the bani is:

"For the sake of Maya, they set the stage and dance"

I dont see those ladies (sisters,sisters-in-law, mother and other ladies related to groom or bride) are dancing for 'MAYA'.I told u I am against the so called cheap singers who come with those ladies for 'MAYA' in wedding.THAT SHOULD BE BANNED not the dancing by normal famly members.

I am also against the lustful songs and those should be banned in every sense by the Grurdwara people.But again not the normal dancing by women.There is nuthin in rehit saying"women should not dance", I think thats againt equality.

I think at the end we are at the same logical point. Please keep in mind I am AGAINST dancing when:

1. Cheap singers and their ladies dance.

2. When anybdy dance on lustful lyrics.

Rest, i am with dancing when its a family and friends thing.

I hope I made my point clear.

Thanks once again for giving me a chance to read bani.

--balwinder Singh

BalWinder SIngh ji...

a Deep Singh ji said:

JKaur ji and Vicky ji..

As Gabroo likes to say -

'And yr 2004 has just begun wink.gif '

BHull chukk maaf :D

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

whoaaaa

so girls have NOTHING better to do than to "incite lust in men" when they dance?

Erm No..I was talking about i.e. on Some parties ....they get someone to dance on stage..dirty dance! :@

Bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!