The Army And Me

hellosingh

You know we can even go further and say it isn't "whitey" that does all the scheming and domination but rather Anglo-Saxons or people who are descendants of Anglo-Saxons (i.e. Bush).

No one is going to stop anyone joining the army but if you think that all Sikhs should give you some sort of respect for it you are mistaken.

No matter how you try and paint it, it is plain and simply a modern form of colonialism and you have to be lacking in intelligence to support it.

The earlier poster who said such people basically end up going goras dirty work hit the nail on the head.

Yes I still maintain that the shaheeds I mentioned, despite the wealth of differences in terms of political, historical background and religious belief, shared a common cause which was against the domination of their own people by the English. Numb nuts just carry on and help them do that.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Singhavelli,

Can you provide me with some proof that BRITISH ARMY has raped any women in Iraq. You seem to have swallowed the anti-war line without checking the facts. Please either provide proof of the rapes or retract your rant. Either put up or shut up. You are the one in denial my friend.

I know of one Amritdhari Singh in the RAF and a few in the Army. The training teaches you to be a real soldier, use arms, survival etc - rather than a wannabe hardman internet sipahi.

If you're British, there's no problem with joining the armed forces to defend the land you and your family live in. If you can deal with the moral police.

The pay is good if join as an officer after uni, you get tax free allowances, get to travel and learn how to be a real Sipahi.

British soldiers are generally more disciplined than the US forces you see on TV and the officers are usually clued up about our martial heritage - there are portraits of Singh soldiers all over Sandhurst and the other military acadamies.

Go for it Singh, at least the training will be useful to you and if you don't like it later, you can leave.

I know of one Amritdhari Singh in the RAF and a few in the Army. The training teaches you to be a real soldier, use arms, survival etc - rather than a wannabe hardman internet sipahi.

If you're British, there's no problem with joining the armed forces to defend the land you and your family live in. If you can deal with the moral police.

The pay is good if join as an officer after uni, you get tax free allowances, get to travel and learn how to be a real Sipahi.

British soldiers are generally more disciplined than the US forces you see on TV and the officers are usually clued up about our martial heritage - there are portraits of Singh soldiers all over Sandhurst and the other military acadamies.

Go for it Singh, at least the training will be useful to you and if you don't like it later, you can leave.

Whatever. If you want to make a real difference try becoming a social worker, teacher or someone who can communicate with the wider world artistically. That would be better than being Britain's attack dog.

Of course the British admin are clued up about Sikh martial history - they used it for their own ends for ages. It is really simple really. Give it some..."you are a martial race", "loyal stalwarts", "brave" ......."now go and do our bidding, here's some rupees"

You are talking about defending England.....it is other countries that need defending from British attempts to resurrect some pseudo empire. It is that type of bull that makes people attack Britain in retaliation or is that too complex for you to understand?

You are talking about defending England.....it is other countries that need defending from British attempts to resurrect some pseudo empire. It is that type of bull that makes people attack Britain in retaliation or is that too complex for you to understand?

Where do you live?

Where do you live?

I live in London. So I'm directly effected by any "blow back" from adventurous militarism. The biggest threat here is from people retaliating against invasions of their own lands. The only thing any Amritdhari "sipahi" needs to fight is white imperialism - and not by becoming a tokenised part of it. Sikhs don't need to go down the boot licking path anymore.

post-8327-1202579451.jpg

Do you shop at large "imperial" grocery shops, petrol stations, clothes shops, pay tax to the white imperiaist government, partake of their education, speak their language, etc etc?

If you hate it so much, why live in the heartland of the "white imperialist" country?

Hypocritical?

What do you consider to be "adventurous militarism" which you will be affected by? Iraq could have been handled better, other than that? By the way, I know a lot of Iraqis at uni and they were happy that Saddam was ousted, but not how it was done.

You wrote: "The biggest threat here is from people retaliating against invasions of their own lands." Who have the British invaded?

DalSingh101,

I also live in London but unlike you I don't buy the blowback theory. Islamic terrorism was bound to happen at one stage or another, the Iraq war may have just speeded up the inevitable. You are right the British were first class imperialists and due to their colonialism we lost our freedom. But to say that the thousands of Sikhs who died in British service as bootlickers is extremely offensive. My Grandfather's brother fought and lost his life fighting the Turks in Iraq (then Mesopotamia) in the first world war. From the stories we have heard of him, he was certainly no bootlicker but someone who took the fact that he taking the namak of the British and as such they deserved to get the best of his abilities.

Singhavelli,

Stop skirting around the issue, I asked you to provide proof that British soldiers had committed RAPE in Iraq. As with your usual rants about imperialism, capitalism and all the other isms you claim to know about, you seem to be the usual left wing nut who takes all the benefits of the west and yet thinks it's great to criticise everything it does. I don't know why people like you live in the west, maybe you should go back to Kashmir and test out your other theory of Islamic tolerance as well.

So I ask you again, you wrote that the british army was raping civilians in Iraq. SO PLEASE BE SO KIND AS TO PROVIDE THE EVIDENCE OR WITHDRAW YOUR COMMENT!

Proactive, you need to open your eyes. I am not surprised you ignored the rest of my post. The British Imperialist Armies raped and pillaged numerous lands, have you forgotten what happen in India?

Anyways, here are some links for you, that I found doing just a quick google search. I didn't even need to do in depth research.

Now before you reply, let me guess what your response will be... probably something along the lines of how this is only a handful of people and a consequence of war etc etc. its for your freedom etc etc

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4705482.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4184279.stm

What are the troops really fighting for in Iraq?

Do you really enjoy defending all mighty capitalism as it starves children in developing nations or do you really believe your doing them a favour paying them a $1 a month while polluting their lands?

LIKE singhavelli said what are the troops really fighting for in iraq?

all their fighting for is country gains and OIL , soldiers in the british army are ill equipped as some of you know a while back,soldier were dying because they didnt have the right equipment like body armorrrr. the governments dont care about the soldiers or no 1 all they care about is gaining new territory's and more money.

and one more thing with outtttt the attack on the twin towers which was planned by the american governmentttt there would of not been a war in Iraq or Afghanistan, many of you will just think of me as anouther conspiracy theorist but just face the facts with out the attack there would be no war.