I was asked to remove my turbon

Jash

Guest SikhForLife

hah dude sry that sux

ya they checked my pagh too i was flying from long beach, CA to nyc

i use pins in mine so the dude padded (felt) my pagh.. just like touched it. pressed it.. to see if theres something there..

but i didnt face any problem flying from nyc to CA

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Was just trying to find that document that Vicky was referring to. Here's a link to the Press Release page by SMART, but the dot.gov document link is no longer functioning.http://www.sikhmediawatch.org/press/pressd....asp?pressid=17

Here's a link to the Office of Aviation enforcement and proceedings Aviation Consumer Protection Homepage. I couldn't find anything related to Sikhs or turbans on this site, but there looks like a lot of helpfull information on the site, including how complaints are handled.

AHHH i found this, guess I was just lazy the first time around.

http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/rules/20011116.htm & http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/rules/20011119.htm

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

The same documents can be found at the Sikh Coalition website. The only difference is they're in PDF format. There's also a small powerpoint presentation for airport personel.

Although this information may be very usefull for those flying to and from the U.S I don't know if it has much legitimcacy in other countries. The next step would be to draft some guidelines that can be used at an international level. I'm sure there must be some kind of international standard procedures but I couldn't find anything when searching. I've been looking at http://www.intl.faa.gov but there seems to be a lot of broken links.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

good articles, i have said it before and i will say it again, NEVER GO ON TURKISH AIRLINES.....

they lost 2 of my baggages and havent been found for like 3 days, [its alot compared to the organized system they use in airlines]... :) @ :@ @ :D @ :<Edited>: :<Edited>: :g

I use to work at the airports in UK, before 9/11 and after.

when I use to go into the metal detector it use to beep all the time, and then they use to check my Turban with the stick, once the stick started to beep, and the person checking me goes its ok and did not say any thing. I did not know this person as this was the first time I when to this part of the Airport, and this was after 9/11.

And once the metal detector beep and this guy did not stop touch me, I through he could be Gay or some thing. I told him have you got a problem that its taken you over 5 min to check me, Then someone working with told him to let me go.

It all comes down to the person checking you, like once I was traving to Punjab and the man did not allow me to fight with my kara on, I told him that he should read about the sikh faith and could he call hes manager, when the manager come she said sorry to me because he wasted my time, and she told the man that this is part of the sikh faith.

One thing NO one can tell you to take your Turban off, and they should not touch your turban as well. They can tell you to take the turban off if the stick starts to beep, you can also ask them to try it with other stick, before taking your turban off.

They will only touch your turban if they don't have the stick in that case tell the person not to go mad.