Yudh 08 - Holla Mohalla

I have no issue of Gatka Akharas focussing more on the Sikhi side then the warrior side, if anythig Gatka is a great tool to bring kids into Sikhi because it appeals to kids and the Gatka teachers have the mindset to preach to children. But beyond that they have no right to claim their Gatka is traditional to the Sikh Panth. If people on this board dont agree with what im saying then Im happy to discuss technical details of Shastarvidiya and then compare them to how Gatkabaaj teach / learn.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ now we know know why some people who cut their hair arent getting into sikhi it is because of braniacs like you ^^

monay love gatka (aston uni demo )

first it was no monay in the tournament

then no monay can go past stage 3

now its monay f!"£ off sikhis supposed to prosper bercause of idiots like u ^^ sikh population

will start vanishing

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Theres no need Hardeep Sengh, allow it. Were just gonna end up arguing making comments back n forth that wont get us anywhere and wel just be damaging our jeevans so whats the point? lets just nip it in the bud now. Lets not let the chore win here! united.gif

ni(n)dhaa kar kar bahu bhaar out(h)aavai bin majooree bhaar pahuchaavaniaa ||4||

By continually slandering others, they carry a terrible load, and they carry the loads of others for nothing. ||4||

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=334

The Yudh lot have all the right in the world to spitulate whatever rules of entry they wish, I have nothing against that. What I have an issue with is calling their shoobaji gatka as Shastarvidiya. The Gurus Vidiya is a amazingly technical and sophisticated art, if these Gatkabaaj can shamelessly claim their art is what the Gurus did I will aways apose that.

Rather then getting together to analyze and compare both arts, they have hijacked the name and called it their own, duping the public at large and making people think that what they do is the same as what the Khalsa did on the battlefield, sorry to burst your bubble but Gatka is no where close to traditional shastarvidiya.

If you have spent at least 10 years learning Shastarvidiya, then you have some right to say you are a practitioner of it or you have in depth knowledge of it, but various individuals without training, without practise and without any knowledge of the sidaant or strategies of Shastarvidiya have began to call their crappy stick waving as Shastarvidiya.

This is similar to someone listening to a shabad on a CD, and singing as they think it is, without deeper knowledge of Raag Vdiiya and saying "Im a Classical Drupad Raagi", or someone making up their own Santhiya and sayin they have learnt from Taksal.

Gurbar Akaal

Please read further into the history of the crappy stick

http://www.amritworld.com/eng/sanatani/realweapon.html

http://www.amritworld.com/eng/sanatani/gatka.pdf

Gurfateh Ji

It amazing ur all barking ur orders about what shaster vidiah and Gatka is and think ur all "up there" with ur so called knowledge.............REAL knowledge is rising and sharing it amongst the panth not sitting behind a computer screen making lame attempts to question the selfless service the sewadars put into Khalsa panth Akhara so unless u guys, who keep trying to bash this event, its my behnti and u get up off ur PC and start doing it better as u seem to think u knw how to.

my reply above may sound like im ranting but i love the fact that how the "the realy art of shaster vidiah/gatha is being lost" this that on the other but WHAT are you guys going to do about it? sit on ur hands and shrug ur shoulders and wait for the next event to be posted up so u can start bashing that...........lol

keep up the amazing seva Khalsa Panth Akarkha :TH:

:s

• 2 weeks later...