Lion Vs Tiger? Who Will Win?

N30S1NGH

i think some research was done on this. a tiger apparently has more force in its strike. apparently a tigers claw when striking flesh will penetrate deeper into flesh. i remember watching it on the discovery channel.lol. but lions have a more aggresive nature and are natural born killers. the end result seemed suggest a lion would win.

blink.gif

i think some research was done on this. a tiger apparently has more force in its strike. apparently a tigers claw when striking flesh will penetrate deeper into flesh. i remember watching it on the discovery channel.lol. but lions have a more aggresive nature and are natural born killers. the end result seemed suggest a lion would win.

From the above article

In 10 fights between the two in any natural setting and in non-extreme climate, I’d bet a Bengal tiger will own an African lion 9 times provided there is no bias in choosing the animals. I’d expect an average Bengal tiger of the Terrai (see above) with 530 lbs and 10′, to make a short work of an average South African lion (~410 lbs and 8.5′). Even pound for pound, a tiger is stronger. If it’s a smaller-than-average Bengal tiger, with size and wight similar to the lion’s, it should be 7-3 in favor of the tiger.

Can anyone post sources of sakhiyas of singhs fighting with lions and tigers?? i have heard these sakhiya few times. I dont think there is anyway human being can fight with tiger/lion with hand to hand combat especially after reading the facts about lion/tiger..they have amazing brute force, these cats being the range of 350-900 pounds can easily drag 1500 pounds bull, 3000 pounds rhino with their bare teeths. I dont doubt singhs never fought with tigers/lions but most likely with full shastars but you have to be very very aggressive as fighter to even fight with them with shastars.

The tiger is the largest of the cats and is a perfect killing machine with a superior combination of power, stamina, cunning and agility.

both lions and tigers don't have a lot of stamina... about the same amount...

Myth 2: [The tiger hunts larger preys] The fact is, both these cats generally hunt similar sized preys (the size of wildebeast) and both these cats may go for larger preys once in a while.

Lions, normally, hunt larger prey - mostly due to their habitat that usually has bigger animals then that of tigers.

Myth 3: [The lion has more bite force] The fact is, pound for ponud, a tiger and a lion have similar bite forces. Though the studies show varying results, actually the tigers have a slightly higher bite force, but that’s accounted for by the extra weight.

Lions have a more powerful bite force according to this article.... buh, i dunno how reliable it is..

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Wild-Animals-70...-Bite-Force.htm

also, lions normally have a more powerful strike, but tigers have a quicker one...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...632&q=tiger

thats another one... lioness vs tigress... overall lioness wins.. but the tigress got one nice thappar in at the end... but the tigresses face is bleeding.. she keeps tryin to run away.. buh the lioness keeps pullin her back.. haha..

on a totally diff note... THIS is amazgin... http://www.veoh.com/videos/e129685eAbBy2Pd

One of my santhia ustads informed us that singh actually means tiger rather then lion. But for some reason we have adopted the lion translation.
Thats new to me.
i have always transalated

shere as lion and

Babar shere as a tiger

I thought it was the other way round grin.gif
^^ Singh isn't a general term. It is specifically used for Lion.

Lion is Sinh ie Singh.

Tiger is Baagh.

Leopard is Cheeta.

Panther is Tendua.

Thats exactly how I have always translated these terms.

The tiger is the largest of the cats and is a perfect killing machine with a superior combination of power, stamina, cunning and agility.

both lions and tigers don't have a lot of stamina... about the same amount...

Myth 2: [The tiger hunts larger preys] The fact is, both these cats generally hunt similar sized preys (the size of wildebeast) and both these cats may go for larger preys once in a while.

Lions, normally, hunt larger prey - mostly due to their habitat that usually has bigger animals then that of tigers.

Myth 3: [The lion has more bite force] The fact is, pound for ponud, a tiger and a lion have similar bite forces. Though the studies show varying results, actually the tigers have a slightly higher bite force, but that’s accounted for by the extra weight.

Lions have a more powerful bite force according to this article.... buh, i dunno how reliable it is..

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Wild-Animals-70...-Bite-Force.htm

also, lions normally have a more powerful strike, but tigers have a quicker one...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1...632&q=tiger

thats another one... lioness vs tigress... overall lioness wins.. but the tigress got one nice thappar in at the end... but the tigresses face is bleeding.. she keeps tryin to run away.. buh the lioness keeps pullin her back.. haha..

on a totally diff note... THIS is amazgin... http://www.veoh.com/videos/e129685eAbBy2Pd

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Interspecies-Co.../big-cats-2.htm

Answer

Hi, big cat fan

If I said this what I ment is that Siberian Tigers by themselves have the potential to kill the largest four legged animals, except perhaps the African Bush Elephant.

We know they have the potential to kill Asiatic elephants because Bengal tigers who are smaller then Amurs have accomplished it.

Lions can have claws up too 4 inches long, although, they are normally about 3 inches long.

Tigers can have claws up too 5 inches long, they are only about 3 1/2 to 4 inches long normally though.

Jaguars normally have claws that are 2 inches long, they can reach 2 1/2 to 3 however.

Lions have a bite force of about 940 pounds.

Bengal tigers are said to have a bite force of about 1,000 pounds.

While Siberian tigers are estimated to have a bite force of 1,200 pounds.

There are few reliable studies of a Jaguars bite force, I have heard of 1,800 pound, too 2,200 pounds.

I think however, the true bite force is closer to 750 pounds of force, as they have the highest bite force amongst felines in relation to head size.

Can a Lion kill a White rhino or Asiatic elephant? A Lion can kill a White rhino, it certainly won't be easy but it is feasible.

A Asiatic elephant would be extremley rare, but it is plausible.

In staged fights, cats have not been known to do well against Bears.

Yes, larger size always contributes to bite force.

As it would mean a larger skull and more room for muscle mass.

You mean at average weights is a Tiger much stronger then a Lion ? Tigers are normally about 23 to 41 kg heavier then Lions, they are clearly stronger but the difference is not to great.

To my knowledge there have not been any strength tests for Lions, however, a friend of mine Malcolm who is quite credible speculates the largest Lions would be about as strong as 13 adult men.

Siberian tigers have extra fur to protect themselves from kicks to the belly, as do Bengals and other Tigers.

This does not make the Lion stronger at parity or average weights.

Some studies suggest a Brown Bears (Grizzlys) bite force is about 745 pounds.

blink.gif

From the above article

In 10 fights between the two in any natural setting and in non-extreme climate, I’d bet a Bengal tiger will own an African lion 9 times provided there is no bias in choosing the animals. I’d expect an average Bengal tiger of the Terrai (see above) with 530 lbs and 10′, to make a short work of an average South African lion (~410 lbs and 8.5′). Even pound for pound, a tiger is stronger. If it’s a smaller-than-average Bengal tiger, with size and wight similar to the lion’s, it should be 7-3 in favor of the tiger.

ok bruv, u the man,lol

as i said there was a study done on this. the lion was supposed to have won cus its naturally more aggressive. im not sure if it was against a bengal tiger tho.