Youth Kirtan Darbar

SweetSikhi.com

wahegurusign.gif Saturday nite was awesome. Felt really buzzing after the Kirtan and happy to see so many Guru ke singh and Sangat.

I was slightly annoyed to see some young Singhs sitting bit in front of me ((don't know who they were)) laughing, talking, fidgeting and smirking during the Kirtan!!

Could be that they were talking amongst themselves and generally laughing but it doesn't look good whilst sitting in the Guru Mahraj's Darbar and other Sangat members may think they were laughing at the Keertan being sung and Naam Simran.

I felt bad because I was embarrased to say anything to them. So that's my fault! Nothing wrong with talking with friends, sharing a joke and having a laugh but it should be done outside without disturbing surtee of Sangat.

Despite the group of lads fidgeting and smirking at one another, I felt blessed to have been able to attend the programme.

Thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wahegurusign.gif Saturday nite was awesome. Felt really buzzing after the Kirtan and happy to see so many Guru ke singh and Sangat.

I was slightly annoyed to see some young Singhs sitting bit in front of me ((don't know who they were)) laughing, talking, fidgeting and smirking during the Kirtan!!

Could be that they were talking amongst themselves and generally laughing but it doesn't look good whilst sitting in the Guru Mahraj's Darbar and other Sangat members may think they were laughing at the Keertan being sung and Naam Simran.

I felt bad because I was embarrased to say anything to them. So that's my fault! Nothing wrong with talking with friends, sharing a joke and having a laugh but it should be done outside without disturbing surtee of Sangat.

Despite the group of lads fidgeting and smirking at one another, I felt blessed to have been able to attend the programme.

Thanks

Vaheguru jee kaa khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh

With Guru Mahraj's kirpaa the end of the month programme is amazing, local sangath and sangath from around london help support this programme and look forward to this event each month so please continue to attend and gain laha of Gurbani and Naam.

All I can suggest is when attending the programme please make an effort to sit at the front with sangath and sing along with the kirtan.

No need to be annoyed mahraj knows all, let’s just make the most of the time we have together, so all please do come along.

Thanks

I also notice this, it seems the singhs were laughing at the simran being done.

Was a group of about 5 little youngers all in bana laughing a way. A big shame i dont think they were bothered about the surti of the sangath whilst others wanted to concentrate on gurbani, they need to be approached next time or if they are reading to think twice of there action when in guru ji's darbar.

They did namsakar to guru granth sahib by walking around sri guru granth sahib and showed full respect but then wasted there time laughing away and walking in and out of the diwan, all seems to be for show.

Thanks

I also notice this, it seems the singhs were laughing at the simran being done.

Was a group of about 5 little youngers all in bana laughing a way. A big shame i dont think they were bothered about the surti of the sangath whilst others wanted to concentrate on gurbani, they need to be approached next time or if they are reading to think twice of there action when in guru ji's darbar.

They did namsakar to guru granth sahib by walking around sri guru granth sahib and showed full respect but then wasted there time laughing away and walking in and out of the diwan, all seems to be for show.

Last time when I went down to southall park avenue i also saw some singhs laughing...there where about 5 of them aswell!! lol

maybe the same bunch..

i thought they where laughing at me..lol

but yeah...laughing during keertan/simran and just mucking around playing about..well....lol

Pyario, the last thing we want is for this programme to get a bad name, for those who were apart of these actions and are reading this topic please put in consideration the sangath views and to try your best to join in with the sangath.

This programme is for the youth and we are all there to learn, if there are any problems please do not hesitate to approach one of the sevadars.

Vaheguru jee kaa khalsa Vaheguru jee kee fateh

Guroo Pyario

Dass would make request that we draw line here and not discuss any more about a group of 4 or so youth.

Boys will be boys, and when your young your impressionable you can get carried away. If they are reading this, dass would request his veers, as well as rest of brothers and sister, to please come next month to and get laha of naam and bani. Hope no one feels uncomfortable because we all make small mistakes or do things which later we realise we shouldn't have - that's part of life. If there any issues or even suggestions which you would like discuss, please feel welcome to talk to dass. We are all brothers and sisters and let us support each other. Sevadaars have been through much when they have been growing up, but with Guroo sahibs kirpa, mahraaj has blessed us with sangath and done upaar kirpa by blessing us with his darshan and sangath every month.

Let us do ardaas for everyone to Jugo jug ataal satguroo Guroo Granth Sahib ji that may Guroo sahib bless even more sangat to attend to get laha of naam, bani and Guroo Sahibs Darshan. In particular may guroo sahib bless my veers with Naam, bani, and pyaar for other gursikhs.

Dass remembers when we started first attending End of month keertan. With Guroo Sahibs kirpa we have gone from not sometimes having enough keertani to now so many keertani that we are having to do benti of 1 shabad only! May guroo sahib continue to bless us all with sangat and hopefully Mr. V Singh can get audios up soon as he can, even though he's just had a baby daughter :@tongue.gif :D

IMPORTANTT!!! also manvir singh jis vaaja has been sold, please stop emailing him now regarding this! lol