3HO

Guest SikhForLife

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guru's naam is yoga for us.. and yogis are who understand and contemplate on it..

physical exercises dont help in reaching "God"

I think we can say the same thing with almost everything we do in our life.I go for running, work out and other daily stuff.3HO do not claim that yoga is something they use for "reaching god". Guru nanak dev ji always stressed on doing good deeds.He always told us to forget everything else and do good deeds and be in the 'marji' of the waheguru.There are many examples in Assa Ki Vaar where guru ji told us that nuthin will help except naam simran, but that doesn't mean we stop doing our daily routine.He just told us that there is no alternative (i.e. doing YAG, pun, daan...and I wud also include akhandpath and sadharan path ....if we donot listen umm(bhai ji) and if we donot do what is said in SGGS).That is why Guru ji told the muslims that ur five prayers wont get u anywhere if u donot contemplate the name of God and do not do good deeds.

I included akhandpathh and sadharan path in that list which may be offensive to many Sikhs....but my point is the way we do it in our homes.In most of the cases( atleast my experience tell me that) nobdy except few 'bajurags' listen to the pathh.I am reallly sorry if I offended anybdy.But please explain me if I am wrong, it would a gr8 help for me.

>

Bhul Chuk Maff

I wud like to give my views on some of the issues raised by sangat here based on my experience with 3HO guys.

1. Yoga:

As i said earlier also that they do it for physical fitness and also the morning meditation and nam simran is gr8.It is just a beautiful scene that every morning at 3 people go to gurudwara and do naam simran and yoga.Its just wonderful to get up at that hour and go to gurudwara sahib.

2. Use of Adi shakti:

I think if u look at Dasam Granth, we find the references where Guru ji used the names of various devis.Guru used is to tell us that the good always win over the evil. Guru ji just examplified that message there. At sgpc site they say that guru ji called the sword as Durga or bhagwati. The exact wording is:

"Guru Gobind Singh Sahib called it Durga or Bhagwati and praises it thus "

reference:http://www.sgpc.net/sikhism/sikhism3.asp

And 3HO sikhs pray shasters or kirpans like all of us.They do the unique ishnan seva every sunday in which they wash the marble floors and worship sashtar. I dont see any thing wrong if they praise sashtar by adi shakti(durga) as Guru ji also called sword as durga. My experence with punjabi sikhs tells me that they always take themselve away if sashtar worship is proposed.

3.Name of Yogi bhajan in ardass:

THEY DONOT USE NAME OF YOGI BHAJAN IN ARDASS where they use gurus names.They use his name in the end just to pray for his good health.As we do for our bajurags sometimes or for people who are seriously ill.We(punjabi sikhs) do not hesitate to ask bhai ji for ardass even if we donate a single cooker.There in 3HO they have a person who taught them the way of life.I think th

ey dont do anything bad in praying for his good health.

4. Drinking water during katha:

I dont know whether it is against Sikhi.If it is....I dont know the reason.I have seen many ragis also drinking bottled water during kirtan.I dont see why is that a problem.

Beleive me 3HO sikhs are so humble, always looking upon us to learn.They are so eager to learn that u will be surprized that they know how to read Gurmukhi.I have many sikh friends who donot know how to read gurmukhi...isn't that surprizing.

I have many relatives in India who donot teach their kids Gurmukhi just because they think it is pendu language.

I dont know why we always look at the things in wrong way. The things I explained here may look so bad if somebdy doesn't have the experience with 3Ho sikhs.The only difference is the way we look at those things.So I request all the sangat to verify everything they listen.I will be more than happy to answer anything if sombdy have any questions.

Bhul Chuk Maff.

I have mad respect for 3ho sikhs, gora sikhs in general.

One time, I was at this gurughar and this raagi jatha was all gora. They came to the langar hall, and some kids were asking them some questions. The gora nihang wala baba asks the kid, whats your name.. He goes "Gary". The 3ho baba ji says what is the name your GURU gave to you..

And after that moment, I had so much pride in being Sikh. So to all the haters of 3ho sikhs/yogi bhajan, stop dwelling in your false pride. Becuase Yogi Bhanjan is one of the best parcharaks in Sikh history. He took a foreign concept/religion to the masses, and he deserves to be praised.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Dear Balwinder Singh ji,

I dont know much about 3HO besids the fact that they look great in sikhi bana.

Can you say for sure whther following is correct regarding them as you seem to hav good knowledge abou them.

1."There is Moorti of Baba Sri Chand outside the Gurdwara in New Mexico, the Sri Maha Akaal Mandir"

Why thre is this moorti and why the name of gurdwara is like this??

2."They do jaap of Adi Shakti Mantr “Adi Shakti Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti Namo Namo, Kundalini Mati Shakti Mati Shakti Namo Namoâ€"

Do they do this which is not Bani??

Thanks

jy gux hovin@ swjnw imil swJ krIjY ]

jae gun hovanih saajanaa mil saajh kareejai ||

If my friends have virtues, I will share in them.

swJ krIjY guxh kyrI Coif Avgx clIAY ]

saajh kareejai guneh kaeree shhodd avagan chaleeai ||

Let us form a partnership, and share our virtues; let us abandon our faults, and walk on the Path.

pihry ptMbr kir AfMbr Awpxw ipVu mlIAY ]

pehirae patta(n)bar kar adda(n)bar aapanaa pirr maleeai ||

Let us wear our virtues like silk clothes; let us decorate ourselves, and enter the arena

ijQY jwie bhIAY Blw khIAY Joil AMimRqu pIjY ]

jithhai jaae beheeai bhalaa keheeai jhol a(n)mrith peejai ||

Let us speak of goodness, wherever we go and sit; let us skim off the Ambrosial Nectar, and drink it in.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thanks for ur post birkhalsa ji.I will try to give u the explanation as per my experience.

Your first question is:

"""1."There is Moorti of Baba Sri Chand outside the Gurdwara in New Mexico, the Sri Maha Akaal Mandir"

Why thre is this moorti and why the name of gurdwara is like this??""""

I have also seen the moorti of baba sri chand outside the gurudwara.But nobdy pay obeisance to that moorti.I personally dont care abt moorties and always pay obeisance to SGGS.So i took it as like other pictures or moorties of Gurus or other saints.They dont teach them to follow sri chand or anything.

I am frm chandigarh.And if u know abt sector-39 gurudwara at chandigarh then u must be knowing that the sector 39 gurudwara has a history.The history is abt the tapasya of baba sri chand. The gurudwara is built on that very location with SGGS directly above that stone where sri chanda did the tapasya.I think that should be more questionable than the Espanola gurudwara. I cited this example just to show that how we pin point all these things in 3HO sikhs and forget all the things abt ourselves.

There is nuthin wrong in the name "MAHA AKAL MANDIR". There are 2 parts :

1. "MAHA AKAL" which means AKAL purakh and all our gurus prayed akal purakh....I dont see anything wrong in that.Please explain me whats wrong in that.

2. "Mandir": We have "hari-mandir" also at amritsar .Whats wrong in that?

Your second question:

"""2."They do jaap of Adi Shakti Mantr “Adi Shakti Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti Namo Namo, Kundalini Mati Shakti Mati Shakti Namo Namoâ€"

Do they do this whic

h is not Bani??""""

The meaning of adi shakti is durga.And guru ji also equated sword with durga.So there is nuthin wrong in that. I dont know abt the "kundlini mati shakti" tuk and whats the source.I think this is related to their yoga thing.I honestly dont know abt this thing.

And I listened this thing like once or twice in my 5 months stay.predominantly they do nice kirtan and they receit tuks from jaap sahib which are very inspiring.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Dear Balwinder Singh ji,

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.As i said I know nothing about 3HO so all I am asking is just for sake of understanding.The things which they do as other sikhs are understandable bcos I am used more to them,the things they do different are things new to me and i want to learn about it.Thats the exact reason why I am asking only about things which they do diffrenty.

I have also seen the moorti of baba sri chand outside the gurudwara.But nobdy pay obeisance to that moorti.I personally dont care abt moorties and always pay obeisance to SGGS.So i took it as like other pictures or moorties of Gurus or other saints.They dont teach them to follow sri chand or anything.

I am frm chandigarh.And if u know abt sector-39 gurudwara at chandigarh then u must be knowing that the sector 39 gurudwara has a history.The history is abt the tapasya of baba sri chand. The gurudwara is built on that very location with SGGS directly above that stone where sri chanda did the tapasya.I think that should be more questionable than the Espanola gurudwara. I cited this example just to show that how we pin point all these things in 3HO sikhs and forget all the things abt ourselves.

Well alright the moorti is just like that of photos of Gurus in Gurdwara but I have never seen Sri Chands foto also in Gurdwaras.If the moorti was that o

f one of the Gurus or well known sikhs its understandable but why only Sri Chand.Photos in Gurudwara are to depict our association with them.What does this moorti depict??

I dont know about this gurdwara in chandigarh.Does that gurdwara also has moorti or fotos or anything related to Sri Chand??

Why there is this special treatment for Sri Chand??

There is nuthin wrong in the name "MAHA AKAL MANDIR". There are 2 parts :

1. "MAHA AKAL" which means AKAL purakh and all our gurus prayed akal purakh....I dont see anything wrong in that.Please explain me whats wrong in that.

2. "Mandir": We have "hari-mandir" also at amritsar .Whats wrong in that?

Well right harimandir is there but why we never hear of any gurdwara by name MANDIR in end what was the reason od choice of this name as compared to other common names which would have also prevented them from any confusion.

Your second question:

"""2."They do jaap of Adi Shakti Mantr “Adi Shakti Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti Namo Namo, Kundalini Mati Shakti Mati Shakti Namo Namoâ€"

Do they do this which is not Bani??""""

The meaning of adi shakti is durga.And guru ji also equated sword with durga.So there is nuthin wrong in that.

Well veerji here you are wrong I think.Guru ji equated sword with Durga but we need to understand in depth meaning of it.Guru ji was not a worshipper of Durga.And even if they wanted to do this to worship sword they could have taken any verse from Dasan Granth Bani or other Banis by Sri G

uru Gobind Singh Ji..why make their own Bani,which is kachi what was the need and motive for that??

I dont know abt the "kundlini mati shakti" tuk and whats the source.I think this is related to their yoga thing.I honestly dont know abt this thing.

ONce again its not necessary to use that line or do meditation or Yoga using that line as there is plenty of Bani for the same.Yoga thing is fine but why do they have to utter again something which is not Bani??

Please see if you can get this info from your frienmds in 3HO .It will be of good help for everyone like me who doesnt know much about 3HO.

Thanks a lot once again

Gurfateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Thanks for ur reply.

My personal feeling is that we guys always argue abt small small things and ALWAYS MISS THE GREATER LESSON. 3HO Sikhs are so proud of our bana and bani.They feel proud wearing sashtars.they wear umm over their bana.But in our gurudwara here....everybody(among a very very few amritdharis) feel shy while wearing it over their bana. You can feel the spirituality in 3HO gurudwara everybdy singing with kirtanis and its so wonderful that it bring u so close to akal Purakh.For me, thats the most important thing...really refereshing. They revitalized the sikhi in me and I will be always thankful to them.I am just telling this thing just to tell u guys that DO NOT ignore the GREATER lesson.

I dont know whether its right to say or not.But this is my personal experience.I do not feel the same spirtuality here in our gurudwara as I felt in 3HO gurdwara sahib.Probabaly because people here feel so shy even to say "waheguru" a loud in ardass and a very very few guys sing along with the kirtanis.Sometime i find myself alone singing bani aloud because I dont wanna loose any oppurtunity of singing gurbani.I cant explain it by words the kind of sangat we have there in Espanola.So I just wanna tell u guys that DONOT mis the great lesson.I dont know abt u guys but I was loosing sikhi day by day( by trimming my beard and other bad things) and 3HO sikhs revived my sikhi.So I owe my everything to those fantastic guys.

Regarding ur questions:

The gurudwara sahib at chandigarh has photos of sri chand. They have that stone also on which he did tapsya. They built a grurdwra over there keep

ing SGGS over that stone.I dont know whether it is wrong or right.I have seen 2 gurudwaras in India(Haryana) where they do AARTI with lamps and plate.Isn't that grossly wrong?

I had a talk with my frnd at 3HO and he told me that thats just a statue nuthin else.And they dont bow before statues.They dont do anything for sri chand.They just have that statue just OUTSIDE the gurudwara.They have all the pics of Sikh Gurus inside Gurudwra for inspiration pruposes.

I think there is nuthin wrong in that. Whats grossly wrong is our treatment of Sikhi concept like doin aarti and stuff.

Regardin the 'MANDIR' thing.If guru Ramdass ji didn't have any problem with the use of 'MANDIR' then why do we have any problem?And if u have problem using'hindi' words then u wont be able to use much of SGGS which used so many HINDI/SANSKRIT words.I dont see ANY problem here using the word MANDIR.IT IS NOT AN ISSUE.

Regarding ADI SHAKTI, they dont worship durga, they worship sword.And I think u agree upon that.

Regarding 'kacchi bani' we use a lotta kachi bani in our gurudwaras....dont we?

Like 'Sab Sikhan ko hukam hai guru manyo Granth"....can u give me any reference for that in SGGS?We use many verses from the rehatnama of bhai desa singh and sing that in gurudwaras...isn;t that a 'kacchi bani'?

Regardin kundlini thing, they sing that only and only doing yoga...not in regular gurudwara.That is why I hear that only once or twice ....otherwise they do very nice kirtan and vichhar.

I hope this will help.

My only point is, do not critisize 3HO sikhs for these petty issues, which are not at all issues.We made umm issues.Like some guys said they use name of yogi bhajan in ardass ...that was so grossly wrong.Try to understand them before raising these false issues. DONOT MISS THE GREAT LESSON.....this is my humble request.

Bhul Chuk Maff

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Well as I said my purpose of questions on 3HO are only to learn about them.I need to know what all things they do differenntly then other sikhs and why.

PLease dont take any offense in that.

I asked sikhnet some questions regarding 3HO and I am posting their answers here just for anyone else who might want to know more about them.I would request anyone else who has asked sikhnet questions on 3HO to please put your questions and their answers here for others like me to learn.

GUrfateh

wahguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

is there "Moorti of Baba Sri Chand outside outside the Gurdwara in New Mexico, the Sri Maha Akaal Mandir"

If its there then why? Also why name of the Gurdwara doesnt look SIKH?

Fateh

Thank you for writing to Sikhnet. There is a strong tradition of creating beautiful art in New Mexico, and throughout the history of Sikhs in India and every country to which Sikhs have migrated, art is very prevalent. Art includes music, painting, sculpture, drama, poetry, dance, and many other forms of expression. There are paintings in New Mexico that tell stories, there are photographic stories, and musical stories that remind us of the lives and teachings of the Gurus, and there is a sculpture of Baba Siri Chand. I am aware that some people believe certain forms of art should not be allowed. This is also a practice in some other religions, to ban or disallow certain forms of art such as music and dance. The teachings of the Gurus encouraged Sikhs to pursue education and art. The entire Siri Guru Granth Sahib was com

posed in classical Indian Rag. I hope you will come and visit Espanola to see for yourself the Gurdwara, the Gurbani Kirtan, the art, and the Sikhs who live and worship here and the thousands who visit. The name inscribed on the front entrance of the Gurdwara where the Siri Nishan is flying in the breeze, just beneath its shinning golden dome is Siri Singasan E Khalsa, the Great Lions of the Khalsa. It is very Sikh, is it not? The entire community of Sikhs living here near Espanola, New Mexico, which is really like a small village, is referred to as Hacienda de Guru Ram Das. The name 3HO simply means healthy, happy, holy organization, and it is the name of the nonsecular arm of Sikhs who teach a technology for living healthy, happy, and holy that is not associated with any one religion and is open to people of all religions. It inlcudes the teachings of yoga and meditation and healthy, vegegarian diet. I hope this answers your concerns. Sat Nam. God bless you. -GMK

3HO QUESTION (2ND QUESTION)

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.I know nothing about 3HO (except the fact that they look great in sikhi bana) so all I am asking is just for sake of understanding. The things which they do as other sikhs are understandable bcos I am used more to them, the things they do different are things new to me and i want to learn about it. Thats the exact reason why I am asking only about things which they do diffrenty.

OK so moorti is there as a piece of art. But why only Sri Chand?? There is no tradition of putting pics in gurdwaras except those of Gurus or Great Singhs, so why choose Sri Chand over others. If the moorti was that of one of the Gurus or well known sikhs its understandable but why only Sri Chand. Photos in Gurudwara are to depict our association with them. What does this moorti depict?? Is there any special consideration for Baba Sri Chand by 3HO??

Well right harimandir is there but why we never hear of any gurdwara by name MANDIR in end? Wh

at was the reason of choice of this name of gurdwara (Maha Akal Mandir)as compared to other common names which would have also prevented them from any confusion.

Is it true "They do jaap of Adi Shakti Mantr “Adi Shakti Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti Namo Namo, Kundalini Mati Shakti Mati Shakti Namo Namoâ.

Do they do this which is not Bani?""

Another small question. I am coming to beleive Sikhnet is run by 3HO sikhs bcos I discovered Sri Yogi Bhajans lectures here and I beleive Sikhnet office is in Espanola. Is it true? I am just curious.I know you people are doing great job and I have myself benfitted from this. But As I said I am just out to learn about 3HO so please dont take any offense. If I am convinced I can clear doubts of many who think critical of 3HO so please enpower me to do that.

Gurfateh

Harminder Singh

Understand that 3HO is not a religion. 3HO is nonsecular, meaning it is not part of any one religion and the technology of living healthy, happy, and holy is taught openly to people of all religions. People of different religions teach the 3HO technology. There are Sikhs and there are people of just about every other religion in existence who teach and practice the 3HO healthy, happy, holy lifestyle. The 3HO mission is simply that it is everyone's birthright to live healthy, happy, and holy.

Espanola, New Mexico is the home of hundreds of Sikhs living in Northern New Mexico and the beautiful Siri Singhasan E Khalsa Gurdwara. I believe that people who create art are inspired by the lives, messages, stories, and experiences they have learned in their lives, and they wish to share their understanding with others through the art they create. Each artist picks the subject and the medium for his or her art. I once learned a beautiful story about a meeting of Guru Ram Das and Baba Siri Chand in a forest, during which time Guru Ram Das washed the feet of Baba Siri Chand with his hair. Then Baba Siri Chand said to the Guru, "Now I understand purity and humi

lity. I did not have humility and that is why my father, Guru Nanak, did not pick me as the Guru". Baba Siri Chand promised to help protect the Sikhs of the Guru from that day forth. It is a beautiful story, so perhaps the artist of the sculpture of Baba Siri Chand was remembering this story. I hope you will visit Espanola one day so that you will see the Gurdwara and the many beautiful artistic creations people have offered in love and devotion to make the Gurdwara and grounds beautiful and peaceful, and all creations in glory of Akal Purkh.

There is also a 3HO teaching center in Espanola. People of many different religions visit the 3HO teaching center. Sometimes 3HO people wish to learn more about the Sikhs when they see all of the Sikhs living in Espanola, and sometimes they later become Sikhs. Other 3HO people visiting the teaching center do not relate to the Sikh faith, and practice their own religion. It is of course each individual's choice to practice the faith of their choosing. There are some Sikhs who participate in the 3HO teaching center and there are some Sikhs who do not. They are separate organizations.

Sat Nam. God bless you, Hariminder Singh. -GMK

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I think you have missed answering following part of my question:

Is it true "They do jaap of Adi Shakti Mantr: Adi Shakti Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti Namo Namo, Kundalini Mati Shakti Mati Shakti Namo Namo.

Do they do this which is not Bani?""

Another small question. I am coming to beleive Sikhnet is run by 3HO sikhs bcos I discovered Sri Yogi Bhajans lectures here and I believe Sikhnet office is in Espanola. Is it true? I am just curious.I know you people are doing great job and I have myself benfitted from this. But As I said I am just out to learn about 3HO so please dont take any offense. If I am convinced I can clear doubts of many who think critical of 3HO so please enpower me to do that.

Please take ti

me to answer this one and then I will see If i need anything else.

Fateh

Sat nam. Yes, sometimes as a meditation, students of Yogi Bhajan chant the Adi Shakti mantra. Notice I said students. Not all of YB's students are Sikhs, and not all Sikhs are his students. It is for attuning to the divine feminine energy that indeed MANIFESTS this universe. Women find it particularl helpful. The full mantra is:

Adi Shakti, Adi Shakti Adi Shakti Namo Namo

Sarb Shakti, Sarb Shakti, Sarb Shakti Namo Namo

Pritham Bhagvatee, Pritham Bhagvatee, Pritham Bhagvatee Namo Namo

Kundaleenee, Mata Shakti Mata Shakti Namo Namo.

I do not see what the problem is. There are SO many mantras. Some are from Gurbani. Some are not. All are a technology used to support spiritual development. Many mantras given by Yogiji are given not as Sikh mantras, but as yogic mantras. However, some of them are indeed from Gurbani. Do you see the distinction?

Yes, Sikhnet is run by "3HO Sikhs" and is based in Espanola. www.3ho.org for more information. Guru ang sang,

-DKK