Singh And Kaur Title

alias

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are others on here who would like to see the source, but have PMed him anyway.

You can find the word "khalsa" in SGGS.

Which Ang? I'm genuinely asking - couldn't find it. I have read it in Dasam Granth Sahib though, and I don't doubt it's been used before. The question is for who.

I'm sure there are others on here who would like to see the source, but have PMed him anyway.
You can find the word "khalsa" in SGGS.

Which Ang? I'm genuinely asking - couldn't find it. I have read it in Dasam Granth Sahib though, and I don't doubt it's been used before. The question is for who.

Page 655, Line 1

ਕਹੁ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਨ ਭਏ ਖਾਲਸੇ ਪ੍ਰੇਮ ਭਗਤਿ ਜਿਹ ਜਾਨੀ ॥੪॥੩॥

कहु कबीर जन भए खालसे प्रेम भगति जिह जानी ॥४॥३॥

Kaho Kabīr jan bẖa­ė kẖālsė parėm bẖagaṯ jih jānī. ||4||3||

Says Kabeer, those humble people become pure - they become Khalsa - who know the Lord's loving devotional worship. ||4||3||

Devotee Kabir

Cheers Singh! :TH:

I was searching with the wrong spelling.

One thing is for sure - if you read the definition given above and also in Dasam Granth Sahib, and in Bhai Gurdas' Vaaran, most of us (including me) are far from being Khalsa. At one time, at many places you had to prove that you were worthy to take Amrit (some tests were e.g. to do a large no. of Paaths and keep the Maryada for up to 2 years before) but nowadays people have made it a game.

Of course there are still a few true Khalsey, but they are hard to find (always have been and always will) - as Gurbani says, actually.

Amrit is Guru Ji's gift to us, we should respect it by staying true to the ideals that an Amritdhari represents.

The other thing that makes your points lame is that there is evidence in the form of hukum namas by Guru Hargobind that point to the use of the word Khalsa to refer to the sangat.

Interesting stuff - can you point me to a source dalsingh101?

Just PM him if you want the source(s).

--------------------------------------------------

To alias:

khalsa = amritdhari - alias

:@:):):):)

Khalsa is much bigger than that.

d_oh.gif

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

may god bless us all.

may our ego be killed and sins washed as i feel mine are,

and may we all get a place in the feet of the lord.

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh.

thank you all for your opinions, opinions were appriciated as well as the opposed arguments posed.. with the exception of somones callous coment towards myself, they were a great deal of help. at the end of this debate, its recognised that singh and kaur title in the modern day, states that one is of the sikh relegion, and not of the khalsa as one must be amirtdhari, a part of somthing so big and great, as i am a part of this, to be part of the khalsa..

so singh and kaur titles have been reduced to showing people that one is from a sikh origion.. just as people call themselvs sikhs to show they are from that origion, and now, it has nothing to rehet and relegion (when it should do...) since it is being used in this loose manner..

so sarbat da bhalla and hope all remain in chardi kala with gur prasaad.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh.

Cheers Singh! :TH:

I was searching with the wrong spelling.

One thing is for sure - if you read the definition given above and also in Dasam Granth Sahib, and in Bhai Gurdas' Vaaran, most of us (including me) are far from being Khalsa. At one time, at many places you had to prove that you were worthy to take Amrit (some tests were e.g. to do a large no. of Paaths and keep the Maryada for up to 2 years before) but nowadays people have made it a game.

Of course there are still a few true Khalsey, but they are hard to find (always have been and always will) - as Gurbani says, actually.

Amrit is Guru Ji's gift to us, we should respect it by staying true to the ideals that an Amritdhari represents.

this is a nice post.. :@