Bbc Radio 4's Smear Campaign On Sikhs

Sat1176

The program was very poor. It was simply a wide ranging attack.

The principle allegations were completely unsubstantiated. Allegations as serious as those presented were simply conjecture on conjecture. I have written to complain and asked them to present the evidence or withdraw that allegation.

They also interviewed someone from the "Institute of Conflict Management in Delhi". I Googled it, this is an organisation set up by, and headed up by, KPS Gill. It was presented as if it were some kind of honest broker, but essentially it is a Punjab Police mouthpiece.

A really disgraceful program aired on the day that 7 Muslims were actually convicted of preparing terrorist act. Instead of covering the actual threat the BBC are making up imaginary ones.

Sanghera was a poor interviewee and did himself no favours; but I applaud him for standing up for himself and doing the interview in English. But I wonder if the program makers did that intentionally? I wonder if they asked Sanghera if he preferred to speak in Punjabi rather than English? interestingly they didn't embarrass Sohi by asking him to speak in English? Did they interview strong articulate voices from the Sikh Federation and choose to drop these as they didn't support their view?

What ever your political views are I urge you all to make your voices heard on the BBC complaints website.

Aman

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The IRA has been responsible for more terrorist attacks on British Soil, More than any other terrorist organisation however you don’t see contempt and hatred towards White Catholics. Deep down this is really to do with prejudices and racism and I would even go as far as to say jealousies towards an emigrant group who has done rather well socially and economically whilst still maintaining their roots. The Brown faced white mans lackey here who obviously buffering his democratic pro western image, needs to understand is thugs in the streets only see brown whether it’s his or another person they don’t care they just want to harm.

Also organisations such as the World Muslim Sikh Federation despite claiming to be torch carriers for human rights abuses etc are known by the intelligence agencies to be collaborators with certain elements of Pakistanis secret service the ISI who sympathise with Islamic terrorist groups and support them, a fact that Manmohan Singh Bajaj of Dal Khalsa often brags about! With people like this at the helm who also influence youngsters what do people expect from an uneducated and hostile pro-democracy media and general populous.

First of all wearing a top in support of Khalistan doesn't make you a terrorist. If by being true to your Guru, you are a terrorist then so be it. These politics have been going on for years, its happening in your own households, the people who are writing these articles claim to be sikhs. Just because someone tells them to sit on the floor in the langar hall rather than a chair, were supposed terrorists, you stick a shastar up, your a terrorist. Well if being a terrorist gets me closer to my Guru ji, i will be.

Bhul Chuk Maafi

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ke Fatteh

It is time we as Sikhs get to tell our side of the story . I agree that day by day awarness is spreading and we must all come togather. No one is gonna had us Khalistan. Remember the American Revoloution. We were outnumbered and had less weopons but the spirit ppl had to escape opression made america happen. Its all about spirit and fearlessness at the end of the day.......and also Bhagti

It is time we as Sikhs get to tell our side of the story . I agree that day by day awarness is spreading and we must all come togather. No one is gonna hand us Khalistan. Remember the American Revoloution. We were outnumbered and had less weopons but the spirit ppl had to escape opression made america happen. Its all about spirit and fearlessness at the end of the day.......and also Bhagti