Girl Power

wjkk wjkf!

it seems like very LONG read but it ant...its a very quick read

http://www.shindasingh.com/blog/wp-content...1/girlpower.pdf

(i would read it frm the blog^^ >> http://www.shindasingh.com/blog/ ...jus scroll down)

The following essay, was sent by Bibi Himmat Kaur via the prodigal godson who recently returned home from the islands after having graduated and finished schooling while living it up under the the Caribbean sun.

The essay offers an interesting and alternative view point to that of the whole Kaurageous movement that has taken over and became the fad amongst bibian in the West as of late. For those having trouble decyiphering the garbled text, you may want to try and download and install Gurbani Web Thick. For those scratching their heads you can also grab the PDF and hopefully view things as they were intended by clicking here.

<> siqgur pRswid ]

Dear Brothers & Sisters of this infinitely beautiful Sikh Nation, this essay about the image and attitude of women in contemporary Sikhi (is~KI) is a dedication to you. It is my hope that this work will be well received by you; my Guru Ji’s sangat (gurU jI dI sMgq). It is inevitable that some of the views expressed in this essay will definitely upset some members of our panth(pMQ). However my intention in writing this essay to give voice to an opinion that I think has never been heard by our panth’s ears, and one that I think desperately needs to be heard.

Before beginning, I would like to say that all praise is due to the wonderful and all powerful Creator (krqwr); the inspirer of all thought and action.

qyry kvn kvn gux kih kih gwvw; qU swihb guxI inDwnw ]

Which, which of Your Great Virtues should I sing and repeat, Vaaheguroo Jee you are my Master; the treasure of virtues.

qumrI mihmw brin n swkau; qUM Twkur aUc Bgvwnw ]1] AMg 735

Oh Vaaheguroo Jee! I cannot express Your Greatness. You are the highest of high|| Ang 735

Furthermore I hope that Guru Sahib will deliver the work of this servant (syvk) successfully and acceptingly into the hands and hearts of His Gurmukhs (gurmuiK). I am neither a scholar nor a learned individual; I can only hope to become a better Sikh with Guru Sahib Ji’s blessing through Sangat (gurpRswid + sMgq).

igAwnu iDAwnu ikCu krmu n jwnw; nwihn inrml krxI ]

I do not know anything about spiritual wisdom, meditation or karma, and my way of life is not clean and pure.

swDsMgiq kY AMcil lwvhu; ibKm ndI jwie qrxI ] AMg 702

Please attach me to the hem of the robe of Guru Ji’s Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy; so that I may swim across this terrible river of attachment greed ego lust and anger|| Ang 702

What does girl power mean to you?

We live in a world that is still gripped with gender inequality, so in a male-dominant society a woman still feels the need to prove her worth in the work force, in social circles and most unfortunately in our Sikh panth as well. The latter arena is the most concerning, since Guru Sahib created his Sikhs equally and prescribed ways for us to live that would ensure that equality.

Please allow me to further explore the above mentioned issues by posing a question. Have you ever heard the saying:

“The eye does not see what the mind does not know.”

For example, pretend that you are taking a stroll in a garden that has thousands of different types of flowers. At the end of your stroll your friend asks you “what flowers did you see in the garden?”

...(read the rest by going to the link)

^^A feminist is sum1 who believes men and women should have equal rights - so aren't all Sikhs meant to be feminists?

BTW there's a difference between girl power nd woman power - girl power is in a group and woman power is when one woman takes charge (like angry mothers))