Can I Wear Mala Like This?

I personally do not understand why we people wear a mala, the following are shabads in relation to malas:

ਗਲਿ ਮਾਲਾ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਲਿਲਾਟੰ ॥ ਦੁਇ ਧੋਤੀ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਕਪਾਟੰ ॥ ਜੇ ਜਾਣਸਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰ ਕਰਮੰ ॥ ਸਭਿ ਫੋਕਟ ਨਿਸਚਉ ਕਰਮੰ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਹਚਉ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥ ਵਿਣੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਟ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 470}

ਸਲੋਕ ਭਗਤ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀਉ ਕੇ ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਕਬੀਰ ਮੇਰੀ ਸਿਮਰਨੀ ਰਸਨਾ ਊਪਰਿ ਰਾਮੁ ॥ ਆਦਿ ਜੁਗਾਦੀ ਸਗਲ ਭਗਤ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਸੁਖੁ ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮੁ ॥੧॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1364}

ਕਬੀਰ ਜਪਨੀ ਕਾਠ ਕੀ ਕਿਆ ਦਿਖਲਾਵਹਿ ਲੋਇ ॥ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਰਾਮੁ ਨ ਚੇਤਹੀ ਇਹ ਜਪਨੀ ਕਿਆ ਹੋਇ ॥੭੫॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1368}

There are loads of shabads in gurbani which present the same message.

a brown rudhraksha mala, a mala from rubies or gold. it does not matter it isn't a no no at all as long as it is used for naam jaap. if it is used for show then you should read the first Sahaskritee Salok by Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji when they say,

'Gal Maala Tilak Lilaatan'

Wearing a mala just for show is pakhand but if it is used as a tool to remember the Lord do so with his will.

I personally do not understand why we people wear a mala, the following are shabads in relation to malas:

ਗਲਿ ਮਾਲਾ ਤਿਲਕੁ ਲਿਲਾਟੰ ॥ ਦੁਇ ਧੋਤੀ ਬਸਤ੍ਰ ਕਪਾਟੰ ॥ ਜੇ ਜਾਣਸਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੰ ਕਰਮੰ ॥ ਸਭਿ ਫੋਕਟ ਨਿਸਚਉ ਕਰਮੰ ॥ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਨਿਹਚਉ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥ ਵਿਣੁ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਾਟ ਨ ਪਾਵੈ ॥੨॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 470}

ਸਲੋਕ ਭਗਤ ਕਬੀਰ ਜੀਉ ਕੇ ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ ਕਬੀਰ ਮੇਰੀ ਸਿਮਰਨੀ ਰਸਨਾ ਊਪਰਿ ਰਾਮੁ ॥ ਆਦਿ ਜੁਗਾਦੀ ਸਗਲ ਭਗਤ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਸੁਖੁ ਬਿਸ੍ਰਾਮੁ ॥੧॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1364}

ਕਬੀਰ ਜਪਨੀ ਕਾਠ ਕੀ ਕਿਆ ਦਿਖਲਾਵਹਿ ਲੋਇ ॥ ਹਿਰਦੈ ਰਾਮੁ ਨ ਚੇਤਹੀ ਇਹ ਜਪਨੀ ਕਿਆ ਹੋਇ ॥੭੫॥ {ਪੰਨਾ 1368}

There are loads of shabads in gurbani which present the same message.

I think you have to look at these Shabad from a different perspective than the one you've taken.

I think these words are being spoken towards hypocrites who adorn these Malas but lack the Simran within. Wearing these Malas, a Tilak, Dhoti etc which gives the impression that one is Dharmic yet they lack the Dharmicness within.

Mala can be a great aid in your Saadhna given that it is worn with the correct intentions, not as an ornament in which case the shabads you've posted do apply to. But this does not apply to malas alone, ones 1 meter dumala decorated with khandas can be in the same example. If it has simply become a fashion statement then obviously the intention and message has been lost.

the mala shud b sarbloh as sarbloh is used everywhere in sikhi e.g. amrit sanchar, kirpans, the bateh for degh (well should be sarbloh) and of course SARBLOH bibek lol. sarbloh is just beautiful anyways hehe

my mala is sarbloh, just chrome plated, i think.. thats what the store description said anyways =)