All Those Who Don't Want Gandhis Statue To Go Up In Leicster

SaRpAnCh

All in all, I fail to see the hoohaa of a statue going up as it will make my life no better and no worse. People who want to hero worship him still will regardless of what information is out there. I mean he had an Oscar winning film made about him which people will always believe as being the truth compared to information on a website.

I am struggling to see the benefits to the Sikh community if the Sikh Federation UK are vocal about this statue? Surely there’s a more pressing issue out there?

Yeah yeah if your not bothered don't be so what

What are the benefits to the Sikh community of the only Sikh "political" party stopping a statue from going up in Leicester?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It helps show non Sikhs that we are not supporters of Gandhi as most whites think if your asian or so called 'Indian'

you worship Gandhi and admire him,

Also this is our country as well,and we do not want a Gandhi statue,just as Simranjeet Singh Mann opposed the Beant Sinh Statue in Panjab,is a similar Scenario here ,we don't support Gandhi ,we live here, and we do not wish to see a statue of a half naked man from Gujarat and his goat be put up in one of our Cities

Guest peacemaker
and we do not wish to see a statue of a half naked man from Gujarat and his goat be put up in one of our Cities

Ahhh, just shut the hell up, dude! You made your point, but that comment ticked me off. I don't care whether you like Mahatma Gandhi or not, but have some decency, will you?

You're a fake!! If Hindus or Muslims attack sikhs and say things about sikhi or stop protests in India, you get so angry, don't you?! But then you just talk about Gandhi like he is a piece of crap!! Who can believe anything you say?

You're a hypocrite, Sarpanch!

and we do not wish to see a statue of a half naked man from Gujarat and his goat be put up in one of our Cities

Ahhh, just shut the hell up, dude! You made your point, but that comment ticked me off. I don't care whether you like Mahatma Gandhi or not, but have some decency, will you?

You're a fake!! If Hindus or Muslims attack sikhs and say things about sikhi or stop protests in India, you get so angry, don't you?! But then you just talk about Gandhi like he is a piece of crap!! Who can believe anything you say?

You're a hypocrite, Sarpanch!

You shut the hell up watch your mouth,I haven't lied about Gandhi,or said anything untrue so why you all offended,this issue concerns UK residents if you ain't one don't comment mind your own business ,you better watch your mouth as well

Guest peacemaker

I don't know what you said about Gandhi and I don't care. The part I am angry about is you referring to him as a half naked man with a goat. You're just looking for a fight to be calling him that. Some of our people who struggled in India during the British rule still have some respect for him. I'm standing up for those people and anyone else who is scared to say they like Gandhi because of people like you.

I don't have to be in the UK to comment on this, so I'll say as I wish. If you have a problem with it, you can also voice your opinion as loud as you want. No one has stopped you for years it seems like.

Guest peacemaker
Whos Gandhi to you??

A man who used nonviolence to get the British out of India and give India its Independece. I like that much better than what you refer to him as.

Whos Gandhi to you??

A man who used nonviolence to get the British out of India and give India its Independece. I like that much better than what you refer to him as.

He did not get the British out,Sikhs did he just made salt,not to mention sleeping with young girls ,looking down on black people,amongst a host of other things read JP Singhs book behind the mask of divinity