Kakkaar And Sport

Guest ...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i jus slide behind a lar while tying the keski.

i usu dont wear a dumalla to practice, but to games i do

jiu jitsu

hmm

ask maharaj

i would say same tho

tie a small keski, and tuck the kirpann with ur joora, like tie it into ur joorha

what does the sangat do with their kakkaar when they play a sport (in this case basketball)

obviously we dont remove them, a kara can be covered with a sweatband

but what about a kirpaan?? im not allowed to play wearing it, but i wont remove it.

thanks

I play Basketball for my state/provincial team for my age group. What i do is put my kirpan, kanga and Kharda all in my pagh. I tie my Jhoodha differently with a peice of cloth so that i can tuck in the kakkars in and around my Jhooda. In our Representative league you are not allowed to wear anything on your arms besides a sweatband or brace. For that reason i put my Kharda in my Pagh.

what does the sangat do with their kakkaar when they play a sport (in this case basketball)

obviously we dont remove them, a kara can be covered with a sweatband

but what about a kirpaan?? im not allowed to play wearing it, but i wont remove it.

thanks

I play Basketball for my state/provincial team for my age group. What i do is put my kirpan, kanga and Kharda all in my pagh. I tie my Jhoodha differently with a peice of cloth so that i can tuck in the kakkars in and around my Jhooda. In our Representative league you are not allowed to wear anything on your arms besides a sweatband or brace. For that reason i put my Kharda in my Pagh.

That's cool and respect to you.

But it does beg the question... if they don't permit a kara under a wrist band, do the players have to wear mitts so they don't poke out an eye.