Kakkaar And Sport

Guest ...

what does the sangat do with their kakkaar when they play a sport (in this case basketball)

obviously we dont remove them, a kara can be covered with a sweatband

but what about a kirpaan?? im not allowed to play wearing it, but i wont remove it.

thanks

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker
i put the kirpan in my dumalla

kara with sweatband

hair in dastar

kacherra underneath shorts

kangha in dastar

and what about you?

I was going to ask the same. tongue.gif

If you wear a smaller gatra the kirpan stays close to ure body. Personally thats what I would do....

Also I know this is bad but I tend not to mention what I am carrying cos that way no one can make a fuss.

Normally this works except one day I went to a job interview to volunteer at a nursing home. I was wearing my kirpan and I tucked it and the gatra into my clothes so you could not see it. I got accepted and then as I was leaving there was this *thud*. Can you believe as I was leaving my kirpan had fallen out????

It looked so wrong....almost like I was hiding a knife to kill all the old people or something......i quickly picked up my kirpan and the ladys face was like frozen....I was like I am so sorry this is my religious symbol. I just carry it...

Once she got over the shock she was okay. So I think they should be okay if you explain you will wear a smaller gatra as its close to ure body...or like veerji said put a tiny kirpan in ure dastaar.

i normally where like a six inch taksaali tucked in my pants, but only at school and theme parks

in public, it's a nine inch taksaali in plain view

when i play soccer tho, it's like a three inch one in my dastar, but not underneath, so ican still access it

it actually fell out once durin practice, but friend, who knew, jus an up and gave to me without a word