Aikido Martial Art

Mahakaal

Hey parwinder singh i didn't mean to disrespect you or you martial art bro. I mean five years is great dedication and i'm sure you are really good at it now. Respect to you that you as a singh are actually learning a martial art. You may have an instructer who actually wants the betterment of his students. All I'm saying is a lot of people are out there for your money so be careful. Yeah the wrist lock thing maybe true but i've just seen personally a second degree black belt who was the best student at a hapkido place which is known for its forty year experienced master get knocked out in a street fight by a street fighter. Who had no martial arts experience just a natural fighter. I still stand by krav maga and shastar vidiya as the martial arts to learn. Again muy thai, wrestling, jujitso and judo mixed in and you will be a killer. But again u have to find the right instructer. I mean having flashy kicks is not gonna help u if he goes for a siingle leg take down and u have no ground game. The mma dude is gonna end up in your mount punching your face in or having ur back choking u out. Trust me its the worst feeling in the world being chocked out knowing the guys not gonna stop even if u do tap.

Actually perfect student MMA is mostly a mixture of boxing, muay tai kick boxing, brazillion jujitsu judo and wreslting. also gatka is only as effective as ur ustaad. If he knows proper shastar attacks and street effective combat techniques that awesome sign me up. If its what i learned don't bother doing it for effectiveness just do it for the big shows at nagar kirtans.

GATKA IS GREAT FOR SWORD FIGHTING, YOU GOTTA BE EXTREMELY FAST IN GATKA.

Straight out aikido is a waste of time true waste of time

I wouldn't say it is a complete waste of time. However, I used to think it wasn't but then came to see the reality of real life street situations and realised maybe it wouldn't work along with alot of other martial arts. This is still true in some peoples opinion and mine too to an extent. But it all depends on the situation and how good you are at adapting an art or form. For example, its reality that like someone said, that real fights are just people punching the living daylights out of each other with punches it would be hard for even a boxer to defend against becasue of the unorthodox forms of street fighters. I've seen this.

Mind you, what are you gonna do when theres 3, 4 5 atttackers with bats and knives or empty handed. Boxing alone won't work. This is where a form like aikido can be used and adapted but it'll take years to get to this level. The aikidofaq website says that to be able to adapt aikido in a real life situation will take longer than adapting many other arts. But i really believe it can work. If it don't work,then why does the Japanese Police force train it this art?

However, if you can't wait that long then i suggest you look up man called Geoff Thompson. www.geoffthompson.com. An ex bouncer who's literally been in hundreds of fights and knows the ins and outs of what'll work and what won't. He quite rightfully concludes that only about 10 per cent of what you learn in a martial art is useful. His philospohy is all about the pre emptive attack if you're certain that a fight is on but suggests to always avoid it if possible, but if not, then hit first and hit hard. And you only need one punch to the jaw line. I've got 2 of his dvds and they make an awful amount of sense. He even gives strategies for dealing with multiple attackers, again, its all about hitting first and strategic positioning.