1984 - What Really Happend?

jii

i have seen so many people wearing binderwalia hoddies and so many people speak about never forgetting 1984; yet only a minority of them know binderwalia's full name and can actually expalin what the 1984 incidedent was about subject to differnent interepretations they have heard on the interent.

therefore can someone please explain to me what the whole 1984 issue was about in simple terms?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im glad sum1 started this topic actually!! There was summin i wanted 2 ask azwell. I saw a m8 of myn da ova day and we woz chattin bout 1984, and he told me sum ppl still think Bhindranwale is still alive! He said that there are no pictures of wen he died, and we got these Jarnail Singh hoodies and on the bak its got writtn "current Jathedar." Any1 know wotz goin on? lol

Im glad sum1 started this topic actually!! There was summin i wanted 2 ask azwell. I saw a m8 of myn da ova day and we woz chattin bout 1984, and he told me sum ppl still think Bhindranwale is still alive! He said that there are no pictures of wen he died, and we got these Jarnail Singh hoodies and on the bak its got writtn "current Jathedar." Any1 know wotz goin on? lol

Singh there is a picture of Sant Jarnail Singh Ji when he died, dont know if its a real, but there is a picture. I have seen it.

wjkk wjkf

true said... i have come across many ppls who khalistan hoddies and 1984 slogans and india hai hai thingy. when i asked them if they know who indra ghandi was, they simply backed off coz they dont have a clue about who she was.... all they've been fed up with is an image of "india and indians are against sikhs".

while at uni, i challenged ppls to draw "khalistan" map.... what area would you call khalistan etc.... they didnt know, yet they shout "we want khalistan" and all that....

wjkk wjkf

i have seen so many people wearing binderwalia hoddies and so many people speak about never forgetting 1984; yet only a minority of them know binderwalia's full name and can actually expalin what the 1984 incidedent was about subject to differnent interepretations they have heard on the interent.

therefore can someone please explain to me what the whole 1984 issue was about in simple terms?

looking forward to the longgg posts then lol...

seriously some1 reply in detail....

You sure? tongue.gif

By the way I am not the 1 who is going to type a million words.

hanji paaji am sure....

am interested in the response to this thread..

so sangat pyareeo please take this seriously & not as a joke lol meaning don't post humourous comments lol..only relivant posts lol....

Hmm, in simple terms from my understanding...

1984 was the outcome, boiling point of items going back to pre India Independence. During this time, When Muslims were getting Pakistan, Sikhs also bought forth the idea of Khalistan. However, they were told that they could live in India with equal rights alongside the Hindus and the new constitution would only be passed with their approval also. Nehru also mentioned that Sikhs would be allowed to function as, and i quote "a semi-autonomous unit so that they may have a sense of freedom".

All of this was lies though. After independence, it was said that Nehru issued a directive saying that Sikhs should be treated as a criminal tribe. in 1950, the Indian constitution said that Sikhs were not a separate race/religion and that they were part of Hinduism. The Sikh leaders/Representatives at the time did the right thing and did not agree to the constitution. If you do a bit of research, you'll find that since then there was an ongoing movement for freedom/equal rights for the Sikhs. From fighting for Punjab speaking state in the 1960s to the Anandpur Resolution in the 1970s.

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale just woke people up to the truth of what was happening and how Sikhs were being treated as second class citizens. He got extremely popular really quickly and thousands upon thousands were inspired to follow the Sikhi path and take Amrit. The Indian Government didn't like the way He spoke the outright Truth about the present day situation or his amazing rise of popularity.

A lot aggravated the situation from presidential rule imposed by Indra Gandhi after election fraud in 1975 to Nakli Nirankaris Clash in 1978 and voluntary arrests of around 150,000+ Sikhs in early 1980s. At the end of the day, The Government saw an amazing charismatic Sant and the josh of the Sikhs and the occasional mention of Khalsitan and knew they had to end it and for that they started with mass propaganda with its media, police cats (people pretending to be Sikhs causing violence) and in the end as you know attacked Sri Akal Takht Sahib and 47 other Gurdwars on the same day, killed thousands of innocent Sikhs.

But amazing people like Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale, Shaheed Bhai Amrik Singh Ji, Shaheed General Bhai Shabeg Singh Ji decided after finding out in 1983 that the army were planning to attack Amritsar, went there to defend and protect it. This is were a handful of Sikhs fought of the might of the Indian Army for days. Some say Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale was instructed by 5 Singh during the attack to leave and he did and is therefore still alive. Others says he became Shaheed.

There was only 1 reason for the attack and 1 reason only, and that was to shut the Sikhs up once and for all. The Government didnt stop there, after 1984 attack you saw the Delhi riots in late 1984 followed by Operation Woodrose to more subtle divide and conquer tactics used still today...