Converts To Sikhi...

Converts?

Such an abrahamic (christian/islamic) term.

To follow the sikh panth, you don;t convert to anything, you are a human being as before.

Interesting. Are we born Sikh or do we become Sikh? In that respect everyone who takes amrit is a convert from Manmukh to Gurmukh..Anyway, like the post

I think we just need to get out of this religion mentality.

And to born a sikh, I don;t think anyone (well not usually) is born as a follower of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, in this case not a sikh, until they start following Guru Ji. But same time you can be born to a family of sikhs, so its perspective as well.

As to becoming gurmukh, JUST by taking amrit, I think doesn't make sense. A person has to become gurmukh, regardless of whether he/she has taken amrit or not.

And to born a sikh, I don;t think anyone (well not usually) is born as a follower of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, in this case not a sikh, until they start following Guru Ji. But same time you can be born to a family of sikhs, so its perspective as well.

As to becoming gurmukh, JUST by taking amrit, I think doesn't make sense. A person has to become gurmukh, regardless of whether he/she has taken amrit or not.

True, but if one wants to become a Gurmukh they can make a start by taking amrit and adopting rehat. Ofcourse one can still be carrying on as manmukh after taking amrit, but we need to start somewhere. But that's another topic!! I am also not so keen on this whole "convert" terminology used in Sikhs. Can a promiscious sharabi mona jatt from london be thought of as a Sikh just because his name ends in Sandhu or Brar?

True, but if one wants to become a Gurmukh they can make a start by taking amrit and adopting rehat. Ofcourse one can still be carrying on as manmukh after taking amrit, but we need to start somewhere. But that's another topic!! I am also not so keen on this whole "convert" terminology used in Sikhs. Can a promiscious sharabi mona jatt from london be thought of as a Sikh just because his name ends in Sandhu or Brar?

Yes of course, taking amrit is a very good start.

If the jatt isn't following Guru Ji, then I don't see how he is Guru's sikh? On the other hand, I also wouldn;t see how me or you or anyoen else can judge who is or isn't sikh of Guru ji either. I am sure some of Mardana's descendents smoke, yet also do very very awesome kirtan, are they not sikhs, albeit muslim sikhs or murids of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji. By the way this religion mentality probably doesn't even allow "muslim sikh" term to be used, or does it? Also the surname Sandhu or Brar doesn't make anyone sikh at all, they are just jatt clan names relating to their ancestors.

• 2 weeks later...

london"not even a sikh" supposed "jat" why do you think you are clever????????????????/

You think we all cant fully understand you are spewing your fake knowledge and wreckless manmat????

Your agenda is very easily distinguishable from your lack of Sikh knowledge. Just because you read a tad bit doesnt mean you can even appear to be Sikh. Even on an internet forum can you not hide your stupidity.

I think its funny because you waste your life trying to waste others lives. :rolleyes: are u ever going to grow up or are you going to become a suicide bomber ???????

Your retarded annoying statement "religious mentality" should make yourself shut up and leave the forum, if, and just "if" you actually "think" about it.

you try to learn as you go, pretending you have no agenda! at least come back when you know anything about Sikhi or go get your friends that might know more about Sikhi because you are lame and cant keep a straight face :)

This topic is dedicated to the converts to Sikhi, who fought for Sikhi and were martyred for it.

There are many cases of Hindus and even Muslims who converted to Sikhi and fought for our rights, be it during Mughal Raj, British Raj or Mahasha Raj.

I will mainly post about converts during Mahasha Raj. Maybe you have already heard about some...

The hindu raj, and mughal raj were very strong alone. But compared to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis Akalis (Immortals) come on, that was a joke. The Akalis emberrassed them in and out. They made the mongols conquest die, and they made the mongols flee in battle. The mughals were mongols. After the 5th mongol ruler, everyone was muslim. You have to admit the muslims were beyond strong. They were a lot stronger then anyone else, other then the Bhram Gianis. The muslims had the persians, the indo-turks who were in india before the 16th century. The mongols even converted to islam, with Ghazan and his decendants. The first mughal king was Babbar or something. The mongols lost in two places, against the afghan turks, and against the Sikhs. The Sikhs came much after the four great khans, but the mongol empire was still very much in power, having much more then 100 million soldiers it had during the four great khans. The mongols had close to half a billion soldiers, if you add the persians, irans, afghans, and the mughals in india. If you at the chinese dynasty under the mongol control then they had a lot more then that. But the Sikhs were known for their bravery and courage. But really how brave were our sikhs? Were they braver then everyone else. Well lol yes. Lets look at their battles? The Bhram Gianis aka Immortals fought the greatest act of bravery in human history with 40 Mukte charging at 1 million mongols under the tryantttt Aurzengabs reign. He sent 1 million troops allied with the rajas to invade Guru Jis army after breaking a promise. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji already knew the promise was to be broken. So the chali mukte decided to stand and fight these 1 million mughal invaders. What a stand the Akalis had, they brought down half of the 1 million, they made 1/10th of their army flee in battle, THEY KILLED SOOO MANY MUGHALS THEIR 100-200LB SWORDS COULD NOT CUT THROUGH FLESH ANY MORE. NOW THATS WARRIOR. Anyways it took 1 lakh or 100 000 mughal/rajputs to bring down Baba Jujhar Singh Ji. Right before this immortal charged into battle, he said one of the most important and infleuncial lines in Akalis war history which is-----let me go where my brother has gone. I am a Sikh of great Guru Nanak , and I will prove that --- THE TRUTH IS STRONGER THAN GUN AND MILLION CAN BE DEFEATED BY ONE. And my oh my, did he prove that quote. The mughals had never been embrassed like that in battle. "Even the strongest of men looked as if they had lost their mental balance" The great mughal generals were sooo scared of the shevvered arms and legs of the mughal army, he was soooo scared to step out into the battlefield. lol. He did not even fight, he hid behind the wall like the coward he was. Read the zafarnama, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis eye witness account. Sri Guru Ji always respected a brave warrior, whether he killed innocent people or not, a brave warrior is a brave warrior. The mughals took a lot of the same tactics the mongols did, they would kill everyone, women, men and childern to. Thats why people said that the Ghensghin was not a good ruler. The sikhs were immortal, Bhram Gianis, they had to fight a lot more then just the mongols, the turks were in afghanstan, the persians in modern day iran, along with the mongols there. Even the rajputs tried to mount attacks. I remeber in history it said that one rajput army said they would kill Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji in battle, so Sri Guru Jis army of Akalis went and made the rajputs flee. I know how strong the rajputs were, with their crap load of war elephants, only the sikhs had defeated the elephants, 1 on 1, or army against army. The sikhs could not be stopped. There are 3 types of Sikh warriors, the Akalis which were directly with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis army, from Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji, then there were armies that were under Banda Singh Bhadhur, then Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji, and finally the Gursikhs, and the massive warriors like Sardar Nawla Singh Ji, everyone knows who Sardar Nawla Singh Ji was and the fear he brought the afghan turks in battle. British did what they always did to conquer land, buy people off and trade. If the british werent afraid of indian rule when Guru Jis time, and the first mongols went to india, then how come the british came to trade? The british knew of the armies of india then, they sent people around the world to explore, explot people like they did to the Natives in the us and canada, and given them beer for fur. Nonsense things, the british was an empire of guns, thats not warriors man, if the british was soo strong why didnt they challenge Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis immortals? The 8ft-9ft tall soldiers that carried 100-200lb 7ft swords? That outran arrows in battle, oh yeah i forgot the british came onlyyyyyy to learn about the sikh religion, when Guru Ji was there. They came in the lateeee 1800s after Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji choose to die because he built 1 of the 5 holiest sites in the sikh faith, as a Santh about what he built. He built it on Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis decent to heaven, no ordinary man would give his family for Guru Ji but Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji had great loveee for the Sikh Gurus. They came like 5 years after him or something, lol its really sad that a huge chunk of the sikhs then decided to be bought off with promises of land by the british. It was really sad, kinda like how every other empire fell. People want to find ways to exploit innocent people. But in reality Sikhs were beyond strong, they were the real life titans, even the persians feared them in battle, they said they were the size of 50 men. Immpossible to fight 1 on 1. I do not think any warrior ever fought a sikh 1 on 1, they had at least 10 000 other soldiers surronding the 1 sikh. I remeebr the story of how 1 Sikh stopped 20 000 mughals, and fought them alone, before they were ambushhing the sikhs in Sri Harmandir Sahib Ji. Anyways Sat Sri Akal what an amazing history we sikhs have.

This topic is dedicated to the converts to Sikhi, who fought for Sikhi and were martyred for it.

There are many cases of Hindus and even Muslims who converted to Sikhi and fought for our rights, be it during Mughal Raj, British Raj or Mahasha Raj.

I will mainly post about converts during Mahasha Raj. Maybe you have already heard about some...

The hindu raj, and mughal raj were very strong alone. But compared to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis Akalis (Immortals) come on, that was a joke. The Akalis emberrassed them in and out. They made the mongols conquest die, and they made the mongols flee in battle. The mughals were mongols. After the 5th mongol ruler, everyone was muslim. You have to admit the muslims were beyond strong. They were a lot stronger then anyone else, other then the Bhram Gianis. The muslims had the persians, the indo-turks who were in india before the 16th century. The mongols even converted to islam, with Ghazan and his decendants. The first mughal king was Babbar or something. The mongols lost in two places, against the afghan turks, and against the Sikhs. The Sikhs came much after the four great khans, but the mongol empire was still very much in power, having much more then 100 million soldiers it had during the four great khans. The mongols had close to half a billion soldiers, if you add the persians, irans, afghans, and the mughals in india. If you at the chinese dynasty under the mongol control then they had a lot more then that. But the Sikhs were known for their bravery and courage. But really how brave were our sikhs? Were they braver then everyone else. Well lol yes. Lets look at their battles? The Bhram Gianis aka Immortals fought the greatest act of bravery in human history with 40 Mukte charging at 1 million mongols under the tryantttt Aurzengabs reign. He sent 1 million troops allied with the rajas to invade Guru Jis army after breaking a promise. Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji already knew the promise was to be broken. So the chali mukte decided to stand and fight these 1 million mughal invaders. What a stand the Akalis had, they brought down half of the 1 million, they made 1/10th of their army flee in battle, THEY KILLED SOOO MANY MUGHALS THEIR 100-200LB SWORDS COULD NOT CUT THROUGH FLESH ANY MORE. NOW THATS WARRIOR. Anyways it took 1 lakh or 100 000 mughal/rajputs to bring down Baba Jujhar Singh Ji. Right before this immortal charged into battle, he said one of the most important and infleuncial lines in Akalis war history which is-----let me go where my brother has gone. I am a Sikh of great Guru Nanak , and I will prove that --- THE TRUTH IS STRONGER THAN GUN AND MILLION CAN BE DEFEATED BY ONE. And my oh my, did he prove that quote. The mughals had never been embrassed like that in battle. "Even the strongest of men looked as if they had lost their mental balance" The great mughal generals were sooo scared of the shevvered arms and legs of the mughal army, he was soooo scared to step out into the battlefield. lol. He did not even fight, he hid behind the wall like the coward he was. Read the zafarnama, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis eye witness account. Sri Guru Ji always respected a brave warrior, whether he killed innocent people or not, a brave warrior is a brave warrior. The mughals took a lot of the same tactics the mongols did, they would kill everyone, women, men and childern to. Thats why people said that the Ghensghin was not a good ruler. The sikhs were immortal, Bhram Gianis, they had to fight a lot more then just the mongols, the turks were in afghanstan, the persians in modern day iran, along with the mongols there. Even the rajputs tried to mount attacks. I remeber in history it said that one rajput army said they would kill Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji in battle, so Sri Guru Jis army of Akalis went and made the rajputs flee. I know how strong the rajputs were, with their crap load of war elephants, only the sikhs had defeated the elephants, 1 on 1, or army against army. The sikhs could not be stopped. There are 3 types of Sikh warriors, the Akalis which were directly with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis army, from Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji, then there were armies that were under Banda Singh Bhadhur, then Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Ji, and finally the Gursikhs, and the massive warriors like Sardar Nawla Singh Ji, everyone knows who Sardar Nawla Singh Ji was and the fear he brought the afghan turks in battle. British did what they always did to conquer land, buy people off and trade. If the british werent afraid of indian rule when Guru Jis time, and the first mongols went to india, then how come the british came to trade? The british knew of the armies of india then, they sent people around the world to explore, explot people like they did to the Natives in the us and canada, and given them beer for fur. Nonsense things, the british was an empire of guns, thats not warriors man, if the british was soo strong why didnt they challenge Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis immortals? The 8ft-9ft tall soldiers that carried 100-200lb 7ft swords? That outran arrows in battle, oh yeah i forgot the british came onlyyyyyy to learn about the sikh religion, when Guru Ji was there. They came in the lateeee 1800s after Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji choose to die because he built 1 of the 5 holiest sites in the sikh faith, as a Santh about what he built. He built it on Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jis decent to heaven, no ordinary man would give his family for Guru Ji but Maharaja Ranjit Singh Ji had great loveee for the Sikh Gurus. They came like 5 years after him or something, lol its really sad that a huge chunk of the sikhs then decided to be bought off with promises of land by the british. It was really sad, kinda like how every other empire fell. People want to find ways to exploit innocent people. But in reality Sikhs were beyond strong, they were the real life titans, even the persians feared them in battle, they said they were the size of 50 men. Immpossible to fight 1 on 1. I do not think any warrior ever fought a sikh 1 on 1, they had at least 10 000 other soldiers surronding the 1 sikh. I remeebr the story of how 1 Sikh stopped 20 000 mughals, and fought them alone, before they were ambushhing the sikhs in Sri Harmandir Sahib Ji. Anyways Sat Sri Akal what an amazing history we sikhs have.

TO MY ABOVE QUOTE. Not ALL SIKH WARRIORS WERE AKALIS. AKALIS MEANS DEATH LESS BEINGS. IN REALITY THEY ARE IMMORTALS, THEY ARE PROOF OF THE EXISTENCE OF THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERISE. SHAHEED BABA DEEP SINGH JI WAS AN AKALIS, HE WALKED AND FOUGHT WITH HIS HEAD ON HIS PALM AGAINST AFGHAN TURK-KHAN EMPORERS. HE BROUGHT THE HEAD OF THE INFAMOUS KHAN TO THE GROUND, WHILE HIS OWN HEAD WAS CUT FROM THE SWING OF THE SWORD OF THE KHAN EMPORER. A FELLOW GURSIKH SAID TO BABA JI....WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU SAID YOU WILL LAY YOU'RE LAST BREATH INFRONT OF OUR HOLIEST OF SHRINES, RIGHT THEN, BABA JI BEGAN TO FUFILL HIS PROMISE. WOWWW. BABA JI WAS THE DEFINITION OF WHAT A SEVAK OF GOD IS. HE DID JAPJI SAHIB PAAT 101 TIMES. WHAT AN HONOUR IT MUST OF HAVE BEEN TO SEE BABA JI A REAL LIFE AKALIS WARRIOR LAY HIS LAST BREATH BEFORE HE WENT AND BECAME 1 WITH GOD. AKALIS PRETTY MUCH MEANS 1 WHO CAN STOP BULLETS, CAN NOT DIE, AND WILL FIGHT WITHOUT A HEAD. AKALIS CAME INTO BATTLE WITH THE 6TH GURU JI OF SIKHISM WHEN HE BROUGHT DOWN MONGOL RULERS TO THE GROUND. 15 000 AKALIS FOUGHT 300 000 MONGOLS. I REMEBER THIS BATTLE IN PERCTICULAR BECAUSE ITS ONE OF THE BATTLES THAT THE AKALIS FIRST FOUGHT. AFTER THE MARYTDOM OF THE 5TH GURU JI OF SIKHISM. THE AKALIS STARTED TO FIGHT AGAINST THE MUGHALS. ITS REALLY HARD TO GET INFORMATION ON THE BATTLES OF THE ORIGINAL AKALIS. IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO FIND INFORMATION. THERE IS NOT MUCH ABOUT THEIR WAY OF BATTLE, I KNOW IN INDIA AT THE SRI HARMANDAR SAHIB, THERES A WEALTH OF INFORMATION AND PORTRAITS, PAINTINGS AND PICTURES OF AKALIS NIGHANGS AND GURSIKH WARRIORS THAT FOUGHT FOR TRUTH. ANYWAYS SAT SRI AKAL