Do You Have To Put Money In Golak Everytime?

Guest SIngh1_

Guest SIngh1_

I was talking to a friend, and he said that everytime you go to the Gurdwara, you have to give some money (even if it is just one cent). I, on the other, am saying that we don't have to donate everytime, and that Guru Ji is just looking at how much love we have for God. What do you think?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _Kookar_

It's part of the maryada governing the relation between Guru and Sikh. Guru Ji bestows us with everything, so we never go empty handed in front of Guru Ji. If you genuinely can't afford money, you can give anything - even Bani, or saying Waheguru a few times and giving that to Guru Ji.

You can't buy an aloo for 50p yet we go and ask Guru Ji to solve all our problems, give us everything we want and can't Matha Tek a few quid?

Guest _hmmm_
You can't buy an aloo for 50p yet we go and ask Guru Ji to solve all our problems, give us everything we want and can't Matha Tek a few quid?
So if I were to go and put $100 in golak, then all my problems would be solved? rolleyes.gif

Things aren't black and white. Pyaar is FAR FAR FAR more important than some printed pieces of paper.

Answer to the original question: No, you don't HAVE to put money in golak every time you go see Guru Sahib. Some do, some don't.

Guest _hmmm_
as per the vaars of bhai gurdas jee a sikh should matha tekh with some money even a Tikka or summit i think thats what is mentioned.
Can you post a link to this vaar please? :)

i think we're supposed to give 10% of our earnings to the gurdwara or sumtin like that..?

but yeah.. i think u shud always bring something wen u go cuz like..wen u put money in the golak, they use that money for payin the bills and stuff for the gurdwara..and one person cant pay for everything so its good if everyone gives a little bit to help

and if not money then i think bringing somethin like atta/milk/or wtv is good too..for langar

i cud b wrong tho..thats jus my opinion..