Surrey Vaishaki Nagar Kirtan Stirs Contoversy Yet Again

N30S1NGH

source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/...ikh-parade.html

In my opnion, this year nagar kirtan in surrey was bit positive... *EDITED* promoting more towards human rights abuses in india. But there is still need for lot of improvments.. for example- how come media was not introduced to history of vaishakhi but straight to 1984?? I didnt know organizers have 1984 before history of vaishakhi as their priortiy... also another thing again our sikhs failed to do is educate media again how movement founders were freedom fighters not terrorist by providing facts and an acknowledging how these movements were hijacked by criminals, thugs, *EDITED* GOI agents..these things have to be done if you wish to repair image of sikhs in canada.

What are the leaders here trying to prove.

The media already has created mass mis-interpretations of Sikhs in Canada, and this is just going to increase the animosity against Sikhs once again.

Does anyone even realise what kind of youth are being bred in these nations? Especially with this sort of attitude being portrayed so often.

However, I can say that News is filled with all of the reasons why you should be depressed.

This is something that will not represent Sikhism and it certainly will not represent all that is great about the Sikh lifestyle.

khalsaa jee these terms of terrorist & extremist are just pure politics..

mere game playing with the aim of getting Sikhs to fight other Sikhs. everyone knows the only way to make a Movement fail is to turn the fighters in on themselves & fight each other.

if there is Bhaichara, there is Dharam, where there is Dharam we unite, when we unite the whole world will shake.

Bhai Talwinder Singh did something NOBODY on this forum is capable of doing..

he died for his Dharam, his belief in Guru Sahib.

that single action NOBODY on this forum can do. we can do nindiyaa of why he did it but we can't equal it which proves our own inadequacy as Sikhs.

he gave everything for the Panth until all he had left was his body so he gave that too.

the term extremist is relativist, it is a search with no end with the aim of creating mediocrity. do you want to be a Sikh or an average person with a mediocre life?

Nelson Mandela was called a terrorist, an extremist & everything else under the sun by entire Governments for decades and was put in prison for years for this. After he was released, he was made leader of new south africa and given a Nobel Peace Prize for the same reason he was called a terrorist.

not for a different reason, he was given the peace prize for the EXACT same reason.

khalsa jee, if the western world tell us the identity our Gurus have given us makes us look like extremists are we going to listen to them and become manmukhs?

there will ALWAYS be extremes, Dharam is an extreme & i'm proud to be this kind of extremist.

How many people have the Crusaders killed in history?

How many people got killed as a result of Abraham Lincoln?

How many people get killed as a result of the foreign policies of western governments?

more or less than at the hands of Shaheed Bhai Talwinder Singh?

if more, then they are bigger extremists, bigger terrorists.

they put everyone to shame in the numbers they have killed in their bloodlust.

lots of people die but only Gurujee's pyare gave their lives for their faith.

we are nowhere near the level of being able to give everything for the Panth.. So lets start with the basics:

can we fit 5 minuites of naam simran in our day?

can we fit 5 minuites of sewa in our day?

can we fit 5 minuites of doing sangat with gursikhs in our day?

and lets focus on building OUR jeevans and lets build a Panth from there.

peace

I understand what you saying swordedge veer but what does one say about various facts provided by soft target book which sikhs love to quote on talvinder singh parmar. Can you please shed some light on talvinder singh parmar?

According to the Soft Target book:

1.How do you explain talvinder singh parmar demanding for 500 dollars out of nowhere by inviting all the innocent people for their "chardi-kalah simran session" at 5 am?????

2. How do you explain real shaheed bhai fauja singh ji;s wife accusing parmar for hijacking the movement?

3. how do you explain parmar wealth in short little time to buy house worth of $350,000 in cash in one of richest area in BC? where is that money come from?

4. how do you explain parmar one hand- fully denying his involvement killing police officers to the authorities and in the gurdwara bragging how he killed police officers in the india? i m sure chardi-kalah, farladhari maha shaheed gurmukh find lying obviously ok ?

Here is the link to download the book: http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Text...get%20ebook.pdf

Also

According to people who spent time with him,

How do you explain: Parmar would charge a sizeable 'membership fee' at every Amrit Sanchar to new initiates ??

I piolitely disagree with the fact that, talvinder singh parmar fits into concept of shaheedi laid by sri guru arjan dev ji and further explained by sri guru gobind singh ji in his sri dasam guru granth sahib ji. This days is becoming an trend to give shaheedi title to anyone just like it has became an trend to label anyone sant, bhramgyani, mahapursh.

source: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/...ikh-parade.html

In my opnion, this year nagar kirtan in surrey was bit positive... *EDITED* promoting more towards human rights abuses in india. But there is still need for lot of improvments.. for example- how come media was not introduced to history of vaishakhi but straight to 1984?? I didnt know organizers have 1984 before history of vaishakhi as their priortiy... also another thing again our sikhs failed to do is educate media again how movement founders were freedom fighters not terrorist by providing facts and an acknowledging how these movements were hijacked by criminals, thugs, *EDITED* GOI agents..these things have to be done if you wish to repair image of sikhs in canada.

There was a week long program at Gurdwara Sahib Damesh Darbar with Dhadi Jathas and Katha explaining the Birth of the Khalsa Panth (history of Vaisakhi). There was a tent set up outside of the Gurdwara Sahib called "Sikh Genocide" with pictures of Shaheed Singhs, Bloody Vaisakhi 1978, Human Rights Abuses in India and section called "Sikh Traitors" headlined by Prakash Badal. Talwinder Singh Parmar's photo was not displayed.

The media did it usual game play by only reporting part of the full story. Shaheed Bhai Satwant Singh and Shaheed Bhai Beant Singh are mentioned to be the assassins of Indira Ghandi but Operation Blue Star is not mentioned in the articles. This is like writing an article about the American led invasion of Afghanistan without mentioning 9/11!!!

Jinda and Sukha are mentioned for killing General Vaidya, portrayed as a poor old retired Army General who was shot "while picking groceries." Official story has always been that Vaidya was killed by gun shots while driving his car, his wife was also injured but she lived. Looks like the media and Kim Bolan gets all of its info from this one drawing!!!

The media focus on the pictures of Shaheed Singhs mentioning Shaheed Jathedar Sukhdev Singh Babbar and Shaheed Bhai Amrik Singh, calling them terrorists, trying to make a Babbar Khalsa and ISYF connection. Although by Bhai Amrik Singh was Shaheed before the ISYF was formed. The pictures of human rights violations are down played in the articles by mentioning that pictures of "mutilated" bodies are close to rides set up in the Gurdwara parking lot (where kids are playing..blah..blah...blah). Another "terrorist" Kim Bolan mentions is Shaheed General Labh Singh, "Gen. Labh Singh -- led the assassination attempt on the director-general of Punjab police, Julio Ribeiro, in 1986."

The media is totally against everything that the Dasmesh Darbar Gurdwara does and its articles prove that there is a total bias and holding back of facts.

Indian Government will be making a statement soon, just like it did last year but can India please explain the difference between the actions of Beant Singh, Satwant Singh, Jinda Sukha and Udham Singh & Bhagat Singh?

Shaheed Beant Singh & Shaheed Satwant Singh killed Indira Ghandi

Jinda Sukha killed General Vaidya

Udham Singh killed Michael O'Dwyer for the Amritsar Massacre

Bhagat Singh killed Saunders instead of his intended target, which was a plot to kill the police chief Jai Gopal (sounds really similar to Gen. Labh Singh)

Next year there should be a single portrait of all of these Shaheeds.

post-8681-1208189917.jpg

http://www.voiceonline.com/voice/thisweek/headline1.php

Keep in mind that this is written by Indian Christian editor who opposes khalistan., and still he highlights some interesting points about the situation.

I don't think it's wise to comment too much on this forum, but lets just say there is big game being played out here. Rightwing media (Van Sun+KB) is supported by mainstream so they have free leash to tell half truths and at times spew outright Indian Gov propaganda. No efforts are being made to atleast show the khalsitani side, NO EFFORT at all. Media has a very clear motive and it doesn't include balanced journalism. Only people allowed to comment are guys with poor english skills who are unable to communicate effectively.

Images of the only controversial figure weren't even included this year. So they decided to call ALL jhujaroo Singhs as terrorists. No mention of the devastation Bluestar caused or the anti-sikh riots. No mention of state/police brutalities against innocents. All blanked over with loaded phrases.

For everyones information, i visited the tent at Dashmesh Darbar and it was very informative. It included very detailed acounts of 84 with amazing pictures, but it also had stunning posters describing major points about sikhism ( long travels of Guru Nanak Dev Ji with a beautiful big map).

Surrey is were I am from :) there is a lot of controversy going on but the Sikhs are holding it down, we wont stop untill Khalistan is recognized, we are making a statement, which is legal. Recently 40/50 youths got suspened for wearing Khalistan shirts etc, which I am to planning on doing soon. It's time for the Singhs to arise Sikhs want freedom.

Surrey is were I am from :) there is a lot of controversy going on but the Sikhs are holding it down, we wont stop untill Khalistan is recognized, we are making a statement, which is legal. Recently 40/50 youths got suspened for wearing Khalistan shirts etc, which I am to planning on doing soon. It's time for the Singhs to arise Sikhs want freedom.

If you need ideas ask me

http://www.ctvbc.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNe...ishColumbiaHome