Cleaning Sarbloh Baataay?!?!?

vahegurooojeekaakhalsa

vaheguroojeekeefatehhhh!!!

the way dass does it is: wen he gets em.. (from the net india...) but them in citric acid for a hole night.. tke em out wash em with ECOFRIENDLY!!! liqued... then start using emm..

once every week or so.. do it with lemon...

everyday use... usin ecofriendly fairy bob thing.. nd wash em...

is dat ok?? .. dey dnt seem 100% clean to me :| but das sarbloh for u.. the dark shade :D

any more tips for dass nd others...

thanksss

vahegurooojeekaakhalsaaa

vaheguroooojeekeefatehhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaluhhhhh!!!

mods pls do not move this thread... yet...

use citric acid you can get some from your local "indian food stuffs" store. lol

its also known as nimbu da phool or something like that your mum may know about it as it can be used in desi food at times. :)

get a bit with ur eco fairy thing and clean them, for a bright shine dry thoroughly ASAP:P

when i was in india dass was lucky enough to stay with gursikhs who kept sarbloh bibek and was lucky enough to ask them how they clean bateh. ideally sand is wicked but thats if you live in india lol, they told me to wash them wid lemon juice to clean any bacteria, then wash them with boiling hot water then dry straight away so no rust occurs. (the heat makes it easy to dry) this can aslo be done for sarbloh kirpaneh. hope this helped. waheguroo :D

first wash off all the left over food residues at the base of your iron utensils

with washing up liquid of your choice .then cut a lemon into half n squeeze out

all its juice n rub the juice n squeezed out lemon (zest side) all over the baate

and rub it all over .u can use a scourer to rub it all over .then leave it aside for about

10 minutes so the acid can work on the muck .now wash it well with water n scourer .

immediately ,rub it dry with a dry cloth or paper towel .

now u culd immediately oil it .if u wish .optionally ,you can heat it for a minute

to get rid it of any excess water vapour befor you oil it .

1)washing up liquid at the 1st stage removes oil /spices/other muck

and prepares the utensil to be lemonised

2)the next lemoning stage removes all rust etc n whitens the utensil /further cleans it

3)the next stage of immediately drying off the wet utensil with a paper towel immediately prevents rust

4)heating it up/oiling it further prevents rust

i run a restaurant where i use cast iron pans n etc so speaking from my little xperience ,thanks

• 3 weeks later...