Questions From A Young Christian

Philip777

His only Son, a part of Himself, Jesus.

....everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus remains under the wrath of God

We are all children of Akal Purakh (GOD). We are all part of God.

Your second comment shows that you think the same as muslims. Nothing new as all "Abrahamic" faiths think that way.

To believe that God is revengeful or full of wrath is MOD EDIT!

Please read the replies and links. Hopefully then you might stop thinking that all non-christians are "infidels"!

Please refrain from using such remarks that I have edited from your post. This could be a great opportunity for all to learn of other religions and ways of life. We would not want someone saying that about our beliefs so please do not say it about others' regardless of how you feel about it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

UKGUPTKAR,

We don't want to scare Philip off, so we really shouldn't be using words like MOD EDIT to refer to his beliefs. We wouldn't like it if someone referred to many of the things that Sikhs believed in as stupid, would we? I don't get why muslims have to be brought into every post either. This is about a "Young Christian" and Philip is a guest on this site like the rest of us.

Please watch what you say or you are liable to offend one of your fellow Sikhs, too.

His only Son, a part of Himself, Jesus.

....everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus remains under the wrath of God

We are all children of Akal Purakh (GOD). We are all part of God.

Your second comment shows that you think the same as muslims. Nothing new as all "Abrahamic" faiths think that way.

To believe that God is revengeful or full of wrath is MOD EDIT

Please read the replies and links. Hopefully then you might stop thinking that all non-christians are "infidels"!

Further response to your post above http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=341410:

quote from a pdf from projectnaad site:

"The Bible says that when Jesus was on the cross, he experienced separation from God and he said "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Sikhs have also had to endure huge hardships and two out of the ten Sikh Gurus were martyred.

However, the Sikh Masters and all their disciples never experienced separation from God. Guru Arjan Dev Ji, the fifth Master, was tortured for five days and five nights. He was made to sit in boiling water and made to sit on a scorching iron plate with sand

poured over his body.

The Guru tolerated this pain and sat there repeating, "All is happening, O Lord, according to Thy Will. Thy Will is ever sweet to me."

http://sikhiwiki.com/index.php/Martyrdom_of_Guru_Arjan

http://sikhiwiki.com/index.php/Martyrdom_o...ru_Tegh_Bahadar

In this month we remember the birth of Guru Arjan Dev jee maharaj

In this month we also remember the thousands of Sikhs who gave their lives in the battle field and also the thousands who were tortured to death.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/CHHOTA_GHALLUGHARA

Guest peacemaker
"The Bible says that when Jesus was on the cross, he experienced separation from God and he said "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

Sikhs have also had to endure huge hardships and two out of the ten Sikh Gurus were martyred.

However, the Sikh Masters and all their disciples never experienced separation from God.

Excuse me, but I thought I told you to not compare Sikhism and Christianity like that. We don't really have any right to say which is better and which isn't. I feel like you're taking a shot at Jesus by saying... "Oh, he felt seperation from God, while our Guru's never did." If that's true, then what are you trying to prove? That Sikhism is better than Christianity? I certainly hope not because Sikhs respect all religions and don't judge them.

If I'm jumping to assumptions, please tell me.

Personal attacks are NOT ALLOWED. This topic is not about "my religion is better than yours". Sikhsangat.com will not tolerate any 'religion bashing'. Whilst beliefs may differ from faith to faith it does not mean this gives us the right to attack and insult each other.

Love your neighbour as yourself

God is Love

^^ two of my favourite Christian beliefs.

Well, apparently many things have been going on about here since my last visits. As many posts were edited or deleted before I read them, I don't know what was said. Maybe it's better :) .

I'm sorry if what I said shocked anyone, but it is indeed what I believe.

what you have read as our holy book is Guru Granth Sahib Ji that I was reffering to earlier. I think my post should make a lot more sense now, have a second read especially like i said about not reffereing to pages as pages, but body parts as Guru Granth Sahib ji is not really a book but the living guru.

the point about hukamnamas (opening Guru Granth Sahib ji at a "random" place, although its not really random as its the guru himself choosing which hymn appears) i made, is tht you can ask Guru Granth Sahib ji any question for any problem in your life, you dont even have to ask as he knows everything in your heart, and he will give you the PERFECT answer back about what to do.

to read gurbani (the hymns contained within guru granth sahib) http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?Sour...=G&pageno=1

Yes, I understand you better now, thank you.

So, you believe Guru Granth Sahib Ji is not really a book, but the guru himself alive and speaking to you. And you open it randomly so that the guru himself chooses which hyms you will read.

Thank you for the link. I'll go and read a bit.