Questions From A Young Christian

Philip777

Sikhism is believing in 1 God.

Sikhism is serving the True Guru. GOD in the form of being on earth.

Sikhism is helping the poor.

Sikhism is abandoning your EGO and becoming humble

Sikhism is becoming the dust of everyone feet

Sikhism is seeing 1 God in all beings regardless of their faith, colour or caste.

Sikhism is not believing in caste system.

Sikhism is equal rights to women and men, if GOD is in everyone, how can a women be treated different?

Sikhism is practicing fighting the 5 evil senses that our mind is under the control of in our everyday lives and these are anger, lust, greed, attachment and daddy of all: EGO.

Sikhism is respecting all religions

Sikhism is meditating on and singing the praises of 1 LORD.

Sikhism is GOD doesnt have a name, people call by him all by names, but the best name we can use to call him by is the "Truth" because he is the truth and will exist forever, all of us will go.

Sikhism is not believing in empty religious rituals.

Sikhism is based on action that we do in our life for example our deeds, karmas. Do we remmeber 1 GOD? Do we help others from our own money? Do we serve others without anyself benefit? Do we try and defeat and our 5 evil sensess and instead practice the truthful virtues such truth, humbelness and contentment

Sikhism does not make remarks about others and their religion. People can do what they want, believe what they want, our job is to do the best we can do, do good deeds, remmber GOD at all times and also share the truth with others

Sikhism is not slandering or back chatting about others. Instead we are to focus on strengths of others and weakness of ourselves to make ourselves look lower and the other high. The aim is to become lowest of the low here.

Sikhism is the LOVE for GOD

Sikhism is to realise your true self and go back to your source - the truth - god and get freedom from reincarnation. We believe if we do not find salvation in this human life, we will have to born again to have a chance to do so, but who knows what life we going to get next time? I might be a dog and dont know how long it take me to get this human life back. So this human life is given to you by perfect destiny! and it is in your destiny to realise the perfect God.

Sikhism is about serving the TRUe GURU the one who has realised god himself and holds the key to him. ITs to serve him by giving your body, mind and wealth. When he bestows his blessings, only then you can realise the all powerful lord sitting inside you physically.

SIKHISM IS NOT A RELIGION, SIKHISM IS A WAY OF LIFE.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can answer me in English :closedeyes: . Thank you, though.

And as someone asked me before : I am 18 (I think I said so in my first message). And as a Christian, I believe that Jesus is, as he said, "The Way, the Truth and the Life", and the only way to salvation, and so that Sikhs and all others are wrong. But I will never force any such belief on others.

And I am, honestly, here only to learn more about Sikhism, not to try to convert you. Because I believe my faith is the truth, I'd like to see you convert, and if someone wants to ask me some questions about my faith please do, I'd love to share. But if you do not want to believe, I have to respect that choice. And I entirely respect your beliefs too, and I'm here because I'm interested to know more about you.

Thank you for all your answers anyway.

for me its that you can have a personal one on one conversation with Guru Nanak Dev Ji the very founder himself, in the form of Guru Granth Sahib Ji!! On of THE integral aspects of Sikhism is "hukamnama" which is basically the order of the day recieved from Guroo Granth Sahib Ji. What happens is that a Sikh offers a prayer infront of the Guru and then the Guru is opened from a place in the middle, whatever prayer appears on the "page" (we dont actually use the term page, we call the pages "angs" or limbs as we consider the guru alive) is the order for the day, it is also taken in the evenign and also before making important decisions. I have personally experienced the hukamnama to be 100% perfect for my situation and it is clear to me that the Guru himself sat infront of me and talked back to me about what I need to do, sometimes the very words I used to make my request are actually repeated back to me in the hukamnama, so I have no doubts he is with me. Thats what really makes me love sikhism, the true sikh and guru, student and teacher relationship and who better a teacher :D

I'm sorry, but... as I don't know the Sikh culture the words you use about Sikhism don't mean anything to me. I don't know anything about "Guru Granth Sahib Ji" or about "pages". So if you could explain in more common words maybe... I don't mean to offense you, but I don't understand much of your message.

And by the way, as a Christian, I believe I have also a personal relationship with God : I can talk to Him and tell Him everithing about my personal life, in my own words. Like you speak to a friend.

Guest peacemaker
And by the way, as a Christian, I believe I have also a personal relationship with God : I can talk to Him and tell Him everithing about my personal life, in my own words. Like you speak to a friend.

That's all it boils down to in the end, my friend. I'm very happy for you! :)

And as someone asked me before : I am 18 (I think I said so in my first message). And as a Christian, I believe that Jesus is, as he said, "The Way, the Truth and the Life", and the only way to salvation, and so that Sikhs and all others are wrong. But I will never force any such belief on others.

I like this passage...

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. (John 3:16-17)

Sikhism is seeing 1 God in all beings regardless of their faith, colour or caste.

Sikhism is equal rights to women and men, if GOD is in everyone, how can a women be treated different?

Sikhism is practicing fighting the 5 evil senses that our mind is under the control of in our everyday lives and these are anger, lust, greed, attachment and daddy of all: EGO.

Sikhism is GOD doesnt have a name, people call by him all by names, but the best name we can use to call him by is the "Truth" because he is the truth and will exist forever, all of us will go.

Sikhism is based on action that we do in our life for example our deeds, karmas. Do we remmeber 1 GOD? Do we help others from our own money? Do we serve others without anyself benefit? Do we try and defeat and our 5 evil sensess and instead practice the truthful virtues such truth, humbelness and contentment

Sikhism does not make remarks about others and their religion. People can do what they want, believe what they want, our job is to do the best we can do, do good deeds, remmber GOD at all times and also share the truth with others

Sikhism is not slandering or back chatting about others. Instead we are to focus on strengths of others and weakness of ourselves to make ourselves look lower and the other high. The aim is to become lowest of the low here.

Sikhism is to realise your true self and go back to your source - the truth - god and get freedom from reincarnation. We believe if we do not find salvation in this human life, we will have to born again to have a chance to do so, but who knows what life we going to get next time? I might be a dog and dont know how long it take me to get this human life back. So this human life is given to you by perfect destiny! and it is in your destiny to realise the perfect God.

Sikhism is about serving the TRUe GURU the one who has realised god himself and holds the key to him. ITs to serve him by giving your body, mind and wealth. When he bestows his blessings, only then you can realise the all powerful lord sitting inside you physically.

:vaheguru:

:vaheguru:

how u got lot og knowldge(GIAN) :pray:

I like this passage...

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. (John 3:16-17)

This is a beautiful Bible verse you've quoted here. In fact it's a key verse for the whole message of the Gospel. God created man, but man has sinned, most religions in the world agree on this point. But because he loves us so much, God sent us what He had the most precious : His only Son, a part of Himself, Jesus. Jesus was God Himself who became man and lived on Earth. And He came to die on the cross for the sins of the whole world, for yours and mine. And so today, everything who believes Jesus died for him personally, and who accepts His sacrifice for his own sin, has all his sins forgiven and can be sure he is saved. I have believed this about 7 years ago now, and since this instant I know, beyons all doubt : if I die now, I will be saved, not because I am better than other persons, I know I indeed am a sinner, but because Jesus has already took on Himself the wrath of God against me for my sin, and has taken on Himself the punishment for everything wrong I've done. But there also the other side of the message : everyone who doesn't believe in Jesus remains under the wrath of God because of his sins (except, of course, if you suppose you've never sinned at all, but I don't think anyone here thinks this of himself :p ), and will go to Hell if they refuse to believe until their last breath. Including Sikhs. This is not a menace, it's just a warning.

But if you choose not to believe, I still love and respect you. And I am not here to convince you of any message, but to learn more about you. If anyone wants to ask me more questions about my faith, you can se me a Private Message. But here, I am interested to know more about your beliefs.

I've read somewhere you also have a Holy Book. Is there a website where I could read it ? I would be interested.

what you have read as our holy book is Guru Granth Sahib Ji that I was reffering to earlier. I think my post should make a lot more sense now, have a second read especially like i said about not reffereing to pages as pages, but body parts as Guru Granth Sahib ji is not really a book but the living guru.

the point about hukamnamas (opening Guru Granth Sahib ji at a "random" place, although its not really random as its the guru himself choosing which hymn appears) i made, is tht you can ask Guru Granth Sahib ji any question for any problem in your life, you dont even have to ask as he knows everything in your heart, and he will give you the PERFECT answer back about what to do.

to read gurbani (the hymns contained within guru granth sahib) http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?Sour...=G&pageno=1

Dear Philip777,

Please see allaboutsikhs.com, sikhiwiki.org, mrsikhnet.com for relevant and detailed information in regards to Sikh history, practice, and faith. Videos in the 3rd link.

Regards

Guest peacemaker
His only Son, a part of Himself, Jesus. Jesus was God Himself who became man and lived on Earth.

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing! I love reading about Jesus!