Sikhs Can't Marry Out Of Caste?

what the hell has the hindi language got to do with marrying in different castes?

all i know is if ur family is set in their caste ways then out of caste marriages aren't allowed ( so much for being sikh eh?) and those who do go ahead and marry a different caste then their families dnt speak to them until x amount of years. what childishness.

its rare to find true sikhs who are not castist.

You offended are you about the hindi thing

*sum chumaari*

sum chamari London Jatt? and your talking on a topic which talks about abolishing caste LMAOOOO

What does sum chamari have to do with me?

Oh yeah no Kalki Avtar is comming

Ok, but where does this idea come from?

And also, do you consdier hindus equal to you, or lower than you? :D

What valuable values and habits do you think get preserved by marrying into caste then? I'm just curious.

Whatever values and traditions are common to the caste. The difference is more recognisable in indian pinds. In uk, where people are more westernised, not as much.

A farmer? Since when did I mention I am a kisaan? I am a jatt, but that doesn't necessarily make me a practising kisaan! :rolleyes:

And what does Niddar Singh have to do with this? :6

Is suddenly everything that goes against your viewpoint somehow always linked to Niddar Singh? lol

Regardless, I will only get married into an annakhi family.

yOUR Niddars boy one of his looney toons

What's up doc?

I am pretty sure Nihang Niddar Singh doesn't know my name, only my face.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A farmer? Since when did I mention I am a kisaan? I am a jatt, but that doesn't necessarily make me a practising kisaan! :rolleyes:

And what does Niddar Singh have to do with this? :6

Is suddenly everything that goes against your viewpoint somehow always linked to Niddar Singh? lol

Regardless, I will only get married into an annakhi family.

I hope your not implying that only a Jatt family is anakhi because you can meet so many proper coconut giddarh Jatt families these days with pretty boy sons who couldn't fight to save their mother's lives if it came to it. You know the type.

this is true, there are many messed up jatt families. And I was only talking about marrying into an annakhi family, didn't imply that non-jatt families aren't annakhi.

You on the other hand ARE singling out a caste group. ;)

Personally I don't see a problem with mixing baran. I think it will do good for the cohesion of the quom. Just because some families may be mixed doesn't mean they have to give up on the anakh. In fact this is actually a good way of spreading diminishing anakh in the quom. From my experiences when an anakhi bunda goes into a family his presence has a knock on effect with the youths of the families he is around.

But anakh on its own is bad, these days there are so many anakhi Panjabis who are involved in all sorts of drug dealing and whatnot. The anakh should come with morals and a bit of discipline or we just end up as plain low life thugs.

Anakh should be pushed as a desirable characteristic for all Sikhs not just ones from a particular jaat.

what the hell has the hindi language got to do with marrying in different castes?

all i know is if ur family is set in their caste ways then out of caste marriages aren't allowed ( so much for being sikh eh?) and those who do go ahead and marry a different caste then their families dnt speak to them until x amount of years. what childishness.

its rare to find true sikhs who are not castist.

You offended are you about the hindi thing

*sum chumaari*

sum chamari London Jatt? and your talking on a topic which talks about abolishing caste LMAOOOO

im not sikh...i am what i am and that is sum chumaari

i was due to marry a bhatra sikh but cast and religion got the better of us...so though i was hoping to become part of a sikh family and be reffered to as sikh and learn all about what it is to be a true sikh he couldnt marry me coz according to his family "i was not sikh"...more to the point i wasnt of the bhatra caste....being chumaari u be brought up in such a way it distorts the perception of sikhi and we get classed as hindus, sikhs, half hindus, half sikhs and hindu punjabi etc therefore i just call myself chumaari...saves a lot of hassle

also isnt it funny how when you meet other sikh people first thing they ask is what caste you are? and discuss different castes...?

by the way london jatt hes reffering to our user ids having our castes in it lol

and yeh i think cohesion is the way forward i learnt so much more about sikhi after being with a proper sikh...but its sad how his family didnt class me as sikh and so rejected me...which is why as i said before, so much for being sikh...

This is a two way thing. Some people claim to be Sikhs but when you visit their house they have picture of Hindu deities all over the place.

I think some people are confused and create some sort of hybrid Hindu-Sikh belief for themselves. Keeping your feet in two boats is crazy. All is well when they are going in the same direction but once this changes and one boat wants to take another direction - you fall in the water.

People should adopt faiths because they believe in them not for partners.

This is a two way thing. Some people claim to be Sikhs but when you visit their house they have picture of Hindu deities all over the place.

I think some people are confused and create some sort of hybrid Hindu-Sikh belief for themselves. Keeping your feet in two boats is crazy. All is well when they are going in the same direction but once this changes and one boat wants to take another direction - you fall in the water.

i hear what you're saying but firstly with the guy being very religious and wanting his children brought up with firm roots in sikhi, and with me being unstable as to what faith I belong to (as you said about feet in 2 boats) I thought because I love him and have sikh characteristics (the whole sikh-hindu hybrid thing) it is best to learn about sikhi from him and adopt that as i respect both religions and as you said, they both go in the same direction, so best to step into the one boat :) ...with his beliefs what he was doing with me I don't understand (a silly thing called love)...so though it may seem like it was for him it was more so for me. I know people are gona argue if I really want to be sikh I can still be etc, truth is I'm still searching for something that can't be found...

i hear what you're saying but firstly with the guy being very religious and wanting his children brought up with firm roots in sikhi, and with me being unstable as to what faith I belong to (as you said about feet in 2 boats) I thought because I love him and have sikh characteristics (the whole sikh-hindu hybrid thing) it is best to learn about sikhi from him and adopt that as i respect both religions and as you said, they both go in the same direction, so best to step into the one boat :) ...with his beliefs what he was doing with me I don't understand (a silly thing called love)...so though it may seem like it was for him it was more so for me. I know people are gona argue if I really want to be sikh I can still be etc, truth is I'm still searching for something that can't be found...

Well you are in a good position to research Hinduism and Sikhism now and be able to distinguish between the two after your research. Then choose the one you feel most attracted to. Perhaps this should be a wake up call for you to find some stability in that area?

For the record, you said:

and as you said, they both go in the same direction

I personally don't actually believe that. I think they are majorly different things. Don't mix me up with those that blindly hate Hindus but Hinduism and Sikhism have totally different fundamentals/characteristics in my eyes. :)

our parents are kinda stuck inthis thing cos thatsd the way they were brought up.

howver wiv us its difrent. so rather than becomes victims to our parents thinking,we should intitate some changes ourselves. at least if we cant fulfil these future generations will cos we have laid the seed.

these days caste is over-rated. bad ways. only the fortunate see it.

caste system was different when it was made ... and due to small brains of people in kalyugh people got on the wrong track ...

guru sahib was always against castes by birth ...

but not by karma ...

guru granth sahib gave defination of brhaman khatri etc ... one can be called brhamin if he has geyan of brham and is chanting his name 24 hours ... how calling such person brhaman would be anti sikhism when its defination is giving in guru granth sahib ???

cho varan ko ek varan banau vaheguru singhan te naam japaun ... ie i would make four castes to one ... and that is shastardhari khatri ... if guru sahib was against it he would have said i would finish it rather then making it one ...

if some one fights in battle field he is a khatri ... whats wrong if he calls himself khatri ...

its like calling a person bad and anti sikh who is wearing white coat and giving people medicine if he calls himself doctor ...

Fateh Ji

Following the caste system is one of the biggest mistakes a Sikh can ever make in their life, to put people into a social class is against sikh daily practices i.e. equality, langar, seva, simran "seeing everyone as one" and come from the one light....big big test in todays society as a Gursikh please try not to fail it especially when its time to get married ;)