Univ Sikhs

njjassa

Univ. sikhs should remain asocial and isolated from other sikhs?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Univ. sikhs should remain asocial and isolated from other sikhs?

• Yes, I agree with that..
    • No, sikhs should be more social and supportive to each other

I know exactly what you are talking about bro. I dont think discrmination is the only reason sikhs dont wanna talk about to each other but....here it goes...big cities where there is a big sikh population, everything is divided up...the gurudwaras and where to buy your indian groceries sometimes....alot of time its divided because of caste and this trend continues in young kids. Also alot of time American born sikhs or sikhs who have lived in the US for a long time consider themselves better then those who just came from punjab...thats what I think and then the discrmination too

aight heres the thing I know that every single one of us is different in many ways but why wont some sikhs just dont bother to say even hi or hello when they come into eye contact with each other at most colleges and univ. in US.... i dunno the pattern about Canada and UK..... but this is so weird over here..... most univ and colleges have so many segregated groups of sikh students that sometimes its even hard to make out the exact size of sikh student population in the school....and most sikhs in colleges dont want to share the issues that are bothering them such as discrimination .....just wanted to know is the same situation everywhere or its just the New York City effect on most jersey schools and colleges?
aight heres the thing I know that every single one of us is different in many ways but why wont some sikhs just dont bother to say even hi or hello when they come into eye contact with each other at most colleges and univ. in US.... i dunno the pattern about Canada and UK..... but this is so weird over here..... most univ and colleges have so many segregated groups of sikh students that sometimes its even hard to make out the exact size of sikh student population in the school....and most sikhs in colleges dont want to share the issues that are bothering them such as discrimination .....just wanted to know is the same situation everywhere or its just the New York City effect on most jersey schools and colleges?

i have seen this effect especially amongst the high school kids..... coming to the college as freshmen.... and most above of all... sikh students who have been socialized amongst the worst neighborhoods such "ghettos" over here in the city were found to exhibit most segregation..... whereas those are the people that are really required to be more open and interactive so that they could vent through some of the unpleasant stuff inside them........ :umm: