Hardeep Singh Kohli The Celebrety

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I have to confess to being shocked and deeply hurt when reading what some of you so called "GurSikhi" folk have written about me. I'm not sure what I have done to deserve such treatment from my own people. I have never said on a programme that i am not a Sikh. Why would I wear a paag and put up with all the ill treatment for so many years? Would it not simple have been better to cut my hair. I am hugely proud of my people and our contribution to world history aolthough when I read some of your comments I wonder what th Gurus would have made of you...

"Just as long as he isnt disgracing guroo jee's dastaar by being a 'trim singh', he's lost the plot man, he is not giving a good impression of what a Sikh is... dont know what the hell he's doing! he needs a slap! (ha, i can talk)"

Who is disgracing Guru Ji's dastaar? Me or you? Come and slap me then. I welcome you.

I never set out to represent anyone but myself. Has anyone seen me on TV or Radio or in the papers pontificating about Sikhism? No, you haven't because my personal belief is that a person's religion is a private matter for themselves. I am in no position to tell others how to live. I don't believe anyone is.

As a thinking person who sees great pain and suffering in the world and wars fought in the name of God I admit, I have intellectual issues and challenges with a belief in a higher power. I'm sorry if my personal difficulties with belief and God are a problem for anyone else. I love the Sikh religion, as far as I have experienced it. Of all the world religions I believe it to be the best, the most accepting and accommodating. that was until I read comments like:

"I hope he reads this because it would really make me happy to see him embrace Gursikhi instead of running around looking like Ali Baba and the technicolour dream paag."

So Gursikhi is the ONLY way? Get real. Everyone is entitled to their own path...that is fundamanetal to Sikhism, is it not?

"I am very angry at this man as he openly admitted on tv he only wears a pag for his family and in fact he is anti-religion altogether and wants to see religion in general die out.

Coward could atleast cut his hair first rather than do our besti."

I'd love you to find this fictitious quote. I have NEVER said this. I wear my paag for me, and for me alone. I have never been under any pressure to wear the paag. In fact I decided at the age of 12 to keep my hair. If you have a problem with that, then I suggest you examine your own belief.

I am not defined by my religion or my heritage or by the colour of my skin. And neither are any of you, although you sound like you are. If our Gurus displayed the small mindedness and the petty thinking you display then I am sure there would be no Sikh religion to speak of. Why don't you grow up and start living in the real world.

I

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardeep

I saw you kissing a gora man on the lips in some cookery program......

Is there something you want to tell us mate?

lol

Is it really you?

Don't worry too much about what you read......many of us here have issues and would rather believe rumours than fact.

The thing with Sikhi Saroop is that we represent Guru Ji (Khalsa mera roop hai khaas) and each other as well, so when someone (speaking generally, not about you) does something that a Sikh shouldn't, it gets taken personally.

Being in the media, you'll always have a lot of scrutiny and there'll always be rumours etc. Just goes with the job.

Have to say I was embarrased when a girl changed a tyre faster than you did on the One Show some time ago.

Is it really you?

Don't worry too much about what you read......many of us here have issues and would rather believe rumours than fact.

The thing with Sikhi Saroop is that we represent Guru Ji (Khalsa mera roop hai khaas) and each other as well, so when someone (speaking generally, not about you) does something that a Sikh shouldn't, it gets taken personally.

Being in the media, you'll always have a lot of scrutiny and there'll always be rumours etc. Just goes with the job.

Thanks for those kind words. It just hurts more because it comes from Sikh brothers and sisters. i was always brought up not to judge, I thought that was part of our belief.

Hardeep

I saw you kissing a gora man on the lips in some cookery program......

Is there something you want to tell us mate?

lol

Yes. I'm an affectionate and caring person. Is the race of the man I kissed a problem for you? Are you homphobic as well as hating me?

Who said I hate you? I was just sort of joking. You're quite sensitive for a comedian......hhmm

Actually now that you are here, you can answer a question that has been bugging me. Is that a kerela in your hand and what are you doing with it?

post-8327-1219359076.jpg

Well done guys.....

Now you've gone and upset him!

I was going to ask when he was going to make some interesting Sikh documentary.

^^well u shudve asked that in the beginnin instead of scaring the poor brother off

some of u guys have embarrassed me more than anything. He's right - I swear the more I come into sikhi the more I find people judge you more - it's supposed to be the opposite!!!

I've never seen Mr.Kohli do anything that disrespects sikhi to the extent that you guys treat him like an alien. Some people have some serious growin up to do....

and HE'S the comedian..

Give him a break guys. He's clearly said that he's never said that he only wear a turban because of his parents and he hasn't said anything anti-Sikh. If he doesn't measure up to your ideal of what a Sikh should be at least respect the fact that he has given Sikhs some prominence in the media. Apart from Monty who have we got representing us?

I remember watching him on TV a few years ago and he did a programme for schools on racism. He went to glasgow (i think) and he was opening shouted at by some racist gora <banned word filter activated> and he confronted the <banned word filter activated>.

He's usually on that daily programme, I forget the name but he's a roving reporter and he's great in that role because he uses his humour well.

Btw if you really are Hardeep, can you give a slap from me to that git Dominic Littlewood, that guy is so annoying!

for the guys who don't live in the UK, this is dominic littlewood

dom1.jpg