Why dont bollywood just give it a rest??

This sorta stuff makes me soo mad!!! there isnt even 1 Singh in the movie!! Look at the cast....

Akshay Kumar as Happy Singh

Katrina Kaif as Sonia

Neha Dhupia as Julie

Javed Jaffrey as Pappi

Kiron Kher as Rose Lady

Ranvir Shorey as Aryan Barjatya

Om Puri as Rangeela

Sonu Sood as Lucky Singh

Peter Coates as the pilot

James Foster as another pilot.

This movie iz about being a "gangster". I think this will just pass on a bad message to the younger generation!!!! Also, being a bollywood movie, there are no doubts there will be "sexual" scenes. Anyway iz there anyway to stop the movie coming out and give the directors a nice big slap??

post-13420-1210665749_thumb.jpg

The guy on the picture looks like a blatant pi*s-taker.

Obviously someone with lots of money in bollywood is determined to undermine the ank that a sardar once held sway in India.

Reminds me of watching Mission Kasmir in the cinema near Balmiki chowk Jalandhar. The scene where the sardar army man pee'd himself for fear of the land-mine and Sanjay Dutt saving the day was humiliating. It really annoyed the audience that a Singh was being portrayed in this way and angry words were said.

Do not support the bollywood industry - just watch the pirated copies!!!

We need a Singh producer in bollywood to kick the industry's a*s.

oh yhhh, wen i heard bout that couple of months ago i was really angry, dunno wha we're gonna do bout it tho, stupid akshay kumar... thats anutha person who needs a roti slap around the face, a roti full of kyo (butter)!!!! :@

lol...common man i get ur point....i just appreciate his acting i never compared him with our gurus...... :glare: ...may be i should've made my point in much bigger letters...lol...would do it right now then..... I DONT LIKE THE WAY THE WAY HE IS DEHUMANIZING SIKH IDENTITY IN THIS DAMN MOVIE !!!...............get it?

seriously this needs to be stopped, people need to wake up and realise that ignoring movies like these or watching bootleg copies wont do anything because they have the other 98% of the population that is willing to pack the cinemas and it 98% if sikhs dont watch it but i guess they are getting used to acting like its all good when they keep on insulting us...

This sorta stuff makes me soo mad!!! there isnt even 1 Singh in the movie!! Look at the cast....

Katrina Kaif as Sonia

Neha Dhupia as Julie

Javed Jaffrey as Pappi

Kiron Kher as Rose Lady

Om Puri as Rangeela

Sonu Sood as Lucky Singh

This movie iz about being a "gangster". I think this will just pass on a bad message to the younger generation!!!! Also, being a bollywood movie, there are no doubts there will be "sexual" scenes. Anyway iz there anyway to stop the movie coming out and give the directors a nice big slap??

depends wot u mean by Singh, as in an actual SIkh or bein punjabi...

Akshay Kumar is punjabi (dats nt evn his real name!)

so was Om Puri

and i think Kiron Kher is.

have to say though, at least bollywood are trying. If u flick through the channel alpha punjabi for example practically all the films are just based on violence and people in pindhs fighting 24/7 and quite literali killing each other brutally. Most punjabi films are unsuccessful, or simply no one cares in da 1st place!

this film may be unsuitable and misrepresenting "apneh". so many people complain and never do anything about it in a productive manner. You may stop this film but wot about the next? Besides, wouldn't it be better if instead of trying to stop films like these, people made new ones that actually have a planned storyline so people would go to see them, instead of random bakwaas.

That's why i never watch punjabi films, cos i cna guarantee 99% they will eitha be too violent/mushy/boring.

anyway, u cannot blame bollywood, wosnt it them that made Gadar? that was a good film, wouldnt u agree?

Keerat sir,

I disagree big time. Gadar ek prem katha wasn't good. They showed that a Sikh could convert to Islam for the sake of a woman, but couldn't say one bad word against India???

Sikhs simply arent like that, real Sikhs atleast.

keerat

i disagree as welll.

those punjabi movies u talk about depict reality . people don't like them cuz they dont wanna face reality and/or they prefer looking at half naked bollywood stars in lala land thats pure bull-kaka.

Firstly, I am female lol.

Secondly, i understand what you guys have said, but was just expressing my opinion at the time.

I just think, life is hard enough as it is; a main purpose of films is to act as an escape from reality, so usually there not meant to be realistic, or be completely correct as at the end of the day, it is just a film.

ooh speaking of films, there was this one is saw about half of, a cartoon style educuational sikh film telling the history. Don't remember it much, except that there was a bit about the revolt against the mughals. does anyone know what i am on about; that was something worth watching?

i find dis movieee quiet disturbing !!

speciallii katrinaa and neha's da dress styllee lol

Katrina Kaif as Sonia

Neha Dhupia as Julie

Javed Jaffrey as Pappi

Kiron Kher as Rose Lady

Om Puri as Rangeela

Sonu Sood as Lucky Singh

lol..i'm gunna goo bombayy..n teach directors a lessonn !!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• Questioning without religious knowledge and taking advice from others from same personality is not only dangerous but offers no solution. Your soul will keep jumping from point A to B with no clear answer you will get.  Study Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji and tons of other literature that are out there. Our 11th Guru Sahib jee will helps you getting the right answers to you.
    • Guest SriJapJiSahib
      Please listen to the following katha by Sant Baba Inderjit Singh Ji Raqbe Wale
    • I think the below is a darbaar record reference (from Suri's UUT) to the previously posted account of the mutilated Akali (from Honigberger's work which I reposted below also). It looks like the nihang was severely beaten too:   I introduced to our distinguished guests. Col. Wade and Dr. Murray, an Akalee or Nahung, whose nose, ears and hands had been cut off by order of Runjeet Sing (he had even deserved the gallows ), and whose nose had been so well restored in the mountains that we were all surprised, and confessed it could not have been better done in Europe. As we know, from history, this operation was even in the remotest antiquity, practised by the Hindoos ; and they fermed the nose out of the cuticle of the forehead, which proceeding is now, and always will be the same. In Europe, where cutting off of noses is only in use, in exceptional cases — as when ulceration or other circumstances make it requisite — this operation is usually performed with the cuticle of the arm, and judiciously too, as, according to our custom, the head mostly is uncovered, and a scar on one's forehead, with a new nose on the face, makes rather an ugly appearance ; whilst, in the East, the scar remains hidden beneath the turban.   In time of peace, the Nahungs gave a great deal of trouble to Runjeet Sing. On one occasion, he was even forced to place two pieces of cannon outside the Delhi Gate of Lahore, in the vicinity of Seidgenj, where the robbers congregate, because this band dared to intercept the communication of that city. They shut themselves up in Meea-Meer, five miles distant from Lahore, thence they made their appearance as rebels, but they were defeated, and forced to depart, and from the town also, to Umritsir.   The individual just alluded to as deserving the gallows, had cut off the arm of a sentinel, for having prevented him from entering the tent of the king by a private entrance. The Nahung had a servant with him, who underwent no punishment, because he did not behave in an aggressive manner ; but the offender, by the order of Runjeet Singh, lost his ears, nose, and hands, by the same sabre with which he had so skilfully cut off the arm of the soldier on royal duty. After the sad execution, he ran to drown himself in a well, but was prevented by the people who were accidentally present. When the king was informed of the fact, the culprit was sent to me, and put under my care and medical attendance, with strict orders to watch him, to prevent his committing suicide, and to present him, when cured, to the king. According to his own statement, he was drunk with bhang ( hemp ) when he committed the crime, and his only intention for intruding on the king had been to ask a gapa ( gift ). These robbers do not like to enter military service ; they prefer begging, and living by pillage.
    • Wonder who the 'street racers' are?    https://www.mylondon.news/news/west-london-news/hundreds-sikhs-gather-outside-west-21138103 'Hundreds' of Sikhs gather outside West London temple to confront ‘street racers who threatened them’ The Met Police are 'aware of anti-social behaviour associated with car meets' A video shows 200 members of the Sikh community gathered outside a temple in West London to confront "street racers who threatened them". The community came together outside the Garib Nawaj Ji Gurdwara Sikh temple, on Springfield Road in Hayes, on both Friday and Saturday night (July 23 and 24) after experiencing issues with local street racers causing disturbances to prayers. According to one of the attendees, street racer groups in London threatened to return to the Gurdwara last night (Saturday, July 24) so the community wanted to be there to make sure nothing happened. The Metropolitan Police issued a Section 35 Dispersal Order in response to what they described as “anti-social behaviour” as a result of "car meets in the vicinity." READ MORE:'We planned to have a funeral today': Southall residents devastated after Sikh temple fire The Dispersal Order was been issued from 4.30pm yesterday (July 24) until 7am today (Sunday, July 25). Amarjeet Singh joined approximately 200 other men yesterday evening (July 24) to protect the temple and protest against the presence of the street racers. Police officers were also present. Amarjeet said that the Gurdwara had logged multiple complaints with police and local authorities.   Roughly 30-40 cars reportedly arrived at Springfield Road on Friday despite complaints by the local Sikh community He explained: “On Thursday night (July 22) all of a sudden [street racers] were racing up and down the road. One of the Singhs [a Sikh man who was praying in the Gurdwara] came out and nicely spoke to them. “Five minutes later they came outside and properly made a point of doing handbrakes, turns, everything outside the Gurdwara." The picture below shows members of the community gathered outside the Gurdwara on Friday to protest the car meets. Roughly 100 Sikhs arrived at the Gurdwara on Friday (July 23) (Image: Amarjeet Singh) According to Amarjeet, 40-50 cars came to Springfield Road on Friday July, 23, as an estimated 100 men arrived to protect the Gurdwara and protest their presence. Police officers were also present at the time. He said: “We didn’t cause any trouble, we just want them to stop them. “They get here in the evening and they make a racket.” A spokesperson from the Metropolitan Police said: “Officers are aware of ongoing issues of anti-social behaviour associated with car meets in the vicinity of Springfield Road and are liaising with the local community. “Officers attended the location and dispersed a number of groups."

Important Information

Terms of Use