Need Marriage Advice: Boy Amritdhari- Girl Not

Guest _asdf_

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm

i see what u mean, but such cases are very rare

my mom me n my sister were amritdhari first, and my dad dint really mind what we did, never argued, never stopped us from doin our thang, and now, hes amritdhari too

but such cases are pretty rare

There's no problem if she's willing to take amrit. However, some people after taking amrit for marriage are not very sharda vale, they keep really minimum rahit. You should talk to this girl, does she have shardha, how much rahit will she be willing to keep?

As a Sikh, you probably see yourself growing in your Sikhi, becoming more devoted to it over time. Does she feel that she will be the same? share your vision of how you would like your growth in Sikhi as an individual to be, and how you would like both of you to grow as a Sikh couple. Do you have a shared vision?

wjkk wjkf

i spoke to the owner of this thread and he said he will NOT marry if the girl is not amritdhari... no matter how much he likes her and now matter how he has to wait to find a suitable amritdhari partner.

the question he wanted to ask was shall he ask the girl to take amrit as both of them like each other. he feels that if he asks the girl to take amrit, then she would take amrit just to marry him.... but he feels the the wish to take amrit should come from girls heart- not from boys mouth.

hope u understand his situation.... i donno wat to say to him. i will talk to him soon.

wjkk wjkf

good man

may be something could be done to change the non amritdhari's mind to make him realize the importance of amrit and probably this way they can have better mutual understanding and intimate relationship with each other....

bhul chuk maaf

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

dear all,

i'll KISS (keep is simple & short) :

i am amritdhari but she is not. my family has asked me to find my partner (although they are looking as well). i met this girl and we both like each other, but deep down i know my self that i wont get marry to a non amritdhari girl (it was hukam from panj piyaare when i was blessed with amrit di daat. they said those who are still single make sure your partner is also guru wala/wali- means amritdhari and gursikh). we have so many things common and understand each other quite well.

But, i dont want to force someone to take amrit just to marry me. I feel the wish of taking amrit, needs to come from heart.

any advice please.

wjkk wjkf

asdf

your post is very admirable

you need to tell her exactly what you posted.

you are asking her to join you in a discipline or path to grow together.

you are not offering to change who she is, only she will do that.

if she takes amrit, you then need to trust that, like truth, wishes from the heart can be simple.

Veer jee my pooa jee was an amirtdhari, but when her rishta happened my fufar was not. My fufar agreed to take amrit before marriage. The first thing is that he had a base of taking amrit and secondly my pooa jee was really strong in her Sikhi. This combination made my fufar jee into a really good gursikh. Ive not met many people who follow gurbani and wahegurus hukam like he does.

Only you know yourself and the bibi in question. Ive seen these situations which work really well. If one shows piyar for Sikhi and piyar for another human being, it will all work out ok.

Take care veer je and I hope it all works out.

waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

dear all,

i'll KISS (keep is simple & short) :

i am amritdhari but she is not. my family has asked me to find my partner (although they are looking as well). i met this girl and we both like each other, but deep down i know my self that i wont get marry to a non amritdhari girl (it was hukam from panj piyaare when i was blessed with amrit di daat. they said those who are still single make sure your partner is also guru wala/wali- means amritdhari and gursikh). we have so many things common and understand each other quite well.

But, i dont want to force someone to take amrit just to marry me. I feel the wish of taking amrit, needs to come from heart.

any advice please.

wjkk wjkf

asdf

your post is very admirable

you need to tell her exactly what you posted.

you are asking her to join you in a discipline or path to grow together.

you are not offering to change who she is, only she will do that.

if she takes amrit, you then need to trust that, like truth, wishes from the heart can be simple.

Good advice and explanation veer jee.

wjkk wjkf

right every one, here is the latest... i spoke to the singh about all your comments and he's been reading them as well.

what he is gonna do next. he said: this saturday him and the girl gonna meet up in leicester somewhere and then will go to the local gurughar and talk on almost everything possible. i also think this is the best thing.

he also said, he dont wanna ask the girl to take amrit and only then we can marry, if he say this then he would feel that he has put a condition in front of the girl that you only get me if you get amrit first, which the boy dont think is the right thing.

he feel the wish to take amrit needs to be unconditional, whatever happens afterwards e.g you stay strong in sikhi, keep rehat etc. is all on guru ji's will.

but any more advice to this singh would be helpful to him.

i wish you good luck mr asdf..... and keep in touch.

wjkk wjkf

Guest Guest
what he is gonna do next. he said: this saturday him and the girl gonna meet up in leicester somewhere and then will go to the local gurughar and talk on almost everything possible. i also think this is the best thing.
uhhh NO There are people called parents, heard of them? :gg: Get them to do the talking first.