Killing Off Advocate Bhai Kulwant Singh And His Wife And Baby Son

"Now tell me, did the muslims in the Delhi-Agra belt get their revenge against the Sikhs ?

How do you justify the atrocities committed by the Sikhs then ??"

raju, you can't declare war on civilians. the widows in delhi are not casualties of war. people killed in fake police encounters are not casualties of war. jaswant singh khalra was not a casulaty of war neither was jathedar kaunke, etc etc.

it seems you missed my point. an advocate, a lawyer and his whole family was eliminated by the police force for fighting cases in court for free of sikh youth. using the legal systemto fight, is that declaration of war?

i'm talking about justice sir. you said sikh exteremists did horrible things, i said ok, they were eliminated. now i say police officers and gov't officials did horrible things, where is the justice? the fight was against militancy, or was it against all sikhs?

war crimes are punishable also my friend. ok, so let's say it was a war, you think rape, murder, and torture are not war crimes?

i'm sure you know about the iraqi prisoners who were humiliated by american forces in abu ghraib prison. in any war, civilized societies have standards on dealing with citizens, even combatants for that matter, but here we are talking about innocent sikhs and their families.

about the 1857 event, it is debatable whether the sikhs were crushing a freedom movement. i'm sure you know that the sikh empire was the last to fall in 1849. Who fought against it, hindus and muslims in the british army as well as the british themselves. just eight years earlier the sikhs were defeated by the british. in just eight years the same muslims and hindus who helped defeat the sikhs became nationalists? the whole 1857 war as the first war of indepenedence is debatable.

hindus say sikhs were made to defend India. then how come the anglo-sikh wars are not considered the wars for india's independence? why the hypocrisy?

raju, i think we may be talking about different concepts...

Only Five,

my stand on the attack on darbar sahib in 1984 is that it will forever be up there next to the other ghalugharas in our history. it was the day that over 40 gurdwaras were attacked to catch one man supposedly, baba jarnail singh ji. i stand where the sikh quam stands and where any human being with a conscience stands. i stand on the side of human rights and justice, i stand on the side of the samucha khalsa panth.

by "us" and "our" i am reffering to fellow sikh veers and sisters, mothers, fathers, grandparents, etc etc who sit waiting for justice. whose young sons were picked up for no apparent reason other than being young sikhs, and made to "disappear." i'm referring to "us" who wonder why jaswant singh khalra was made to disappear, a human rights advocate who exposed thousands of illegal cremations in amritsar district alone...

peace.

It was a war, do you think the victors will punish themselves ?

For instance in the revolt for 1857, it was the Sikhs that fought with the British against Bahadur Shah Zafar. The Sikhs helped the British in murdering hundred thousand muslims in Deoband-Agra belt and those Hindus who supported the Bahadur Shah Zafar regime, because it was propped up by the Marathas.

Now tell me, did the muslims in the Delhi-Agra belt get their revenge against the Sikhs ?

How do you justify the atrocities committed by the Sikhs then ??

Btw one of the popular methods of killing muslims and Zafar supporters was to encircle their villages and drive all the people living their to the centre and burning the village down. This killed thousands of people living in that village together.

Where is the justification for this ?? Why there is no pang of conscience ??

Are you saying India is acting the same way as the British Colonial power of 1857? Are they having revenge on Sikhs for someting that happend 150 yeras ago? I thought India had moved on since then into the modern world. If India had declared war on the Sikhs then the Geneva Convention should have applied where prisoners must be held without harm and returned to their kin after the conflict. As many Sikhs are still locked up is India still at war with the Sikhs?

where there is hatred, there is no learning.
yeah i'm being sarcastic just in case you feel like breaking your pc reading this. i like to act like i'm indian sometimes, to understand the psyche of blind indian patriotism.

why don't you understand Mann Qaum veer that the patriotism is inspite of such horrible acts and not because of it. You are speaking as if every patriotic Indian is condoning every act of rape committed by any public official.

Will you ever forgive us ?

Raju brother,

WHY DO YOU ASSUME YOU ARE PART OF "THEM"?

Surely, in a civilized society, violent, oppressive and orchestrated faith cleansing and assimilation of a minority is an assault on ALL of humanity including hindus, muslims etc.

RECOGNIZE yourself as part of US and our humanity.

To be truly patriotic in any decent sense of the word, seek forgiveness WITH US, not FROM US.