1984 Massacre

Guest _Learner_

From my limited experience with the Sikh Religion (barely 24 hours), 1984 reminds me of the holocaust. Is that correct?

Yes many Sikhs believe it as a mass, short-lived genocide. Sikhs were killed by Hindu mobs, one group of people killing members of another which defines this as Genocide in Sociology. Justice is all we wanted for the last 24 years. WJKK WJKF :vaheguru:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
From my limited experience with the Sikh Religion (barely 24 hours), 1984 reminds me of the holocaust. Is that correct?

Yes many Sikhs believe it as a mass, short-lived genocide. Sikhs were killed by Hindu mobs, one group of people killing members of another which defines this as Genocide in Sociology. Justice is all we wanted for the last 24 years. WJKK WJKF :vaheguru:

NO THEY WERE NOT !!!!!! Riots of 1984 were NOT Hindu vs. Sikhs. It was an attack on a minority (Sikhs) by the political party in power at the time, Congress. Indira Gandhi, then leader of Congress party and then Prime Minister of India bears much of the blame for attack on Darbar Sahib ("Golden Temple"), and she paid for this mistake with her life.

Even the riots that happened after Indira Gandhi was shot by her own Sikh bodyguards were purely political. None of the attacks had anything to do with the Hindu faith.

STOP SPREADING HATRED !!!!

People should really do some research on what exactly happened, rather than believing everything they hear at the Gurudwara.

PS I put some things in bigger letters to ensure people don't miss them, as they are crucial in understanding the tragic event.

NO THEY WERE NOT !!!!!! Riots of 1984 were NOT Hindu vs. Sikhs. It was an attack on a minority (Sikhs) by the political party in power at the time, Congress. Indira Gandhi, then leader of Congress party and then Prime Minister of India bears much of the blame for attack on Darbar Sahib ("Golden Temple"), and she paid for this mistake with her life.

Even the riots that happened after Indira Gandhi was shot by her own Sikh bodyguards were purely political. None of the attacks had anything to do with the Hindu faith.

People should really do some research on what exactly happened, rather than believing everything they hear at the Gurudwara.

PS I put some things in bigger letters to ensure people don't miss them, as they are crucial in understanding the tragic event.

Where you there in India when this happened? My parents told me what happened, from a primrary source that is. Im not saying all Hindus killed SIkhs, there were Hindus protecting Sikhs, BUT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT KILLED SIKHS WERE HINDU!!! My mom told me that on the radio, a message played that said Indra Gandhi was killed, and the Sikhs should pay for her death. I do know what happened; spreading ignorance, hatred, and lies is plain uneducated. I look at facts, and spread these facts. I know you are a Hindu and upset, im not saying Hindus are bad, im just saying that Hindus were the only people that killed the Sikhs.

Guest Chris_Latta

STOP SPREADING LIES FIRST!!! You can raise your font size to the maximum and you'll still be full of crap!

STOP SPREADING LIES FIRST!!! You can raise your font size to the maximum and you'll still be full of crap!

yeap i agree with tht.......sometimes ppl dont believe or know wt they talk about

Guest Guest

Where you there in India when this happened? My parents told me what happened, from a primrary source that is. Im not saying all Hindus killed SIkhs, there were Hindus protecting Sikhs, BUT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT KILLED SIKHS WERE HINDU!!! My mom told me that on the radio, a message played that said Indra Gandhi was killed, and the Sikhs should pay for her death. I do know what happened; spreading ignorance, hatred, and lies is plain uneducated. I look at facts, and spread these facts. I know you are a Hindu and upset, im not saying Hindus are bad, im just saying that Hindus were the only people that killed the Sikhs.

you said, "Sikhs were killed by Hindu mobs"

"BUT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT KILLED SIKHS WERE HINDU!!! " Ok look at it this way, they were thugs who did what they did for money. IF someone had given them money to kill hindu's they would have done the same.

Yes, your mom maybe correct, I was like merely 1 yr old at the time, so sorry if i don't remember much. but i have done a little bit of my own research from non-sikh sources a while back. But the question is, who was controlling the radio broadcast? The politicians of course.

PS. I'm not a Hindu :rolleyes: (admin's can verify that if you are really paranoid about it) That is so typical of apney people, if someone speaks against the mainstream view, they get labeled as Hindu <_<

Explain, which part was a lie?

I apologize for the big font, got carried away with emotions while writing the previous post.

you said, "Sikhs were killed by Hindu mobs"

"BUT ALL THE PEOPLE THAT KILLED SIKHS WERE HINDU!!! " Ok look at it this way, they were thugs who did what they did for money. IF someone had given them money to kill hindu's they would have done the same.

Yes, your mom maybe correct, I was like merely 1 yr old at the time, so sorry if i don't remember much. but i have done a little bit of my own research from non-sikh sources a while back. But the question is, who was controlling the radio broadcast? The politicians of course.

PS. I'm not a Hindu :rolleyes: (admin's can verify that if you are really paranoid about it) That is so typical of apney people, if someone speaks against the mainstream view, they get labeled as Hindu <_<

Explain, which part was a lie?

I apologize for the big font, got carried away with emotions while writing the previous post.

Tell me why you think your non-sikh sources haven't been smeared by politicians? THEY WERE NOT PAID! Police did not stop crowds, were they being paid also? There is no need to try to bring up your ethos, you defended Hindus so automatically one will assume you are Hindu, sorry for the incorrect label. However these crowds of people were easily aroused, no one goes on a killing rampage and rapes and murders men, women, and childeren. Soon they will see beyond the money and see a human; however, they saw Sikhs that were not the same as themselves, who were Hindus. These easily aroused crowds that take aggressive actions of violent nature are called mobs; therfore, these were Hindu mobs. You can deny this all you want, but the facts show these attacks were done with more motive than just money, hate clearly had an important role in the violence that shook 1984 India.

• 2 weeks later...
A BIT OF BOTH:

1) i don't care about the loss of life - people die anyway. I care about the sikh women that were raped. The india government put the sikhs through so much that the entire population of hindus and so called "sikhs" of india will have to pay.

2)

its good it happened because the human realm is already so boring, these wars just make it all the better.

the other reason is we now know that Guru Ji will give us a Khalsa Raj...and that guru ji will give the entire control and power of india to feet of the Khalsa. Also, these things need to happen so that the evil doers learn from their mistakes which is when the next battle occurs from which the khalsa will have victory. Just as raavan was proud of his power; his enormous family, army, weapons, palace etc, but when he crossed paths with Ramchandar and committed a wrong act. His entire power and rule was demolished. Similarly, the muslim emperors such as aurangzeb were proud so much that they thought they could successfully convert every hindu and sikh by force. AND LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM - WHERE'S THEIR RULE????