Htc Touch Vs Blackberry Curve Vs Others

I'm in the process of looking for a phone (pda) and i'm in a huge debate with myself in which one would be best. Originally I was thinking about getting the Blackberry Curve since I've heard good things about it, and also since I got one of the old blackberry's myself. Then I was told about the HTC Touch from a friend of mine, who also has it. Seems like a cool phone, its touch screen and has a lot of programs/gadgets that come with it. But, I also know someone who has the Palm Treo, which is also touch screen.

Now, I'm not that knowledgeable about technology and all that stuff, so for those of you who are more technologically gifted please share ur input; also, those of you who have these phones and would like to share experience, please do so.

Or generally, if you think other pda's that i haven't listed would be better, u can list those too.

Thanks in advance.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!

htc diamond! htctouchdiamond.jpg

looks really good!

gives iphone good competition!

runs windows 6.1 profesional .

4gb internal memory

wi-fi ( Up to 384 kbps up-link and 7.2 Mbps down-link speeds )

3.2 megapixel color camera with auto focus

bluetooth

TouchFLO™ 3D

Touch-sensitive navigation control

Talk time:

Up to 270 minutes for WCDMA

Up to 330 minutes for GSM

Standby time:

Up to 396 hours for WCDMA

Up to 285 hours for GSM

Video call time: Up to 145 minutes for WCDMA

It depends what are you using it for.

If its email, no one is even close to BlackBerry, both BES and BIS service. Also have lot of options for media and third party applications. its just the best for email and media. BB is not a PDA

If you want to use it for other stuff then you should be looking into other PDA's.

I researched for a while before getting the HTC Touch a few months ago, know alot of singhs that have one. I didn't come across the diamond that techno singh posted, but it looks really good only thing with that is it doesn't have as large a screen as the touch.

I find the touch is pretty useful in day-to-day things, the primary reasons I got it was because it was all-in-one (mp3player, camera, recorder, etc.)

I've installed alot of custom apps on it like googlemaps, etc. so if I want to look up an address for a keertan program I can just type in the address and get directions to it, OR if I'm lost (which happened a few times) I just put in my exact location and where I want to get to it shows me step by step directions, and you can just put in the postal code if you have it which works the fastest.

Another major reason was the mp3 player and sikhitothemax, its got a HUGE speaker on the back and sometimes when I'm driving I just turn it to full volume and listen while I drive and not even listen to my car stereo, I've never really had to use headphones with it. SikhiToTheMax also works good on it, I can view gurmukhi of the shabads or with english translations which helps when there's no STTM screen at the gurdwara sahib and I don't know what the shabd is saying.

You can record audio on it, I've never used that so can't comment on it much. It also tells you your weather forecast for today and the next few days, so far its been pretty accurate, and it updates everytime you click on it to the current time. I got a unlimited data plan for $7 so I can also browse the internet and launch youtube, etc. from it. So far to my understanding its only competition is the iPhone, which lacks the use of STTM on it since its not a windows mobile device. The only thing I wish was the battery would last longer, but for the last few months that I've used it I can say I'm pretty impressed and even if you don't talk on the phone much you can use it for ALOT of other things.

blacberry is brilliant for emailing . they gt simple software..some of them come with navigation software hich is good too.

personally i am not a big admirer of treos because hey r palm based and ucant have alot of 3rd party softwares on them. but there is a new treo out in the market i think treo 750 which has windows so its not too bad for sttm n pda functions.

htc i wud say r very good . bcos they look nice and they got a bit of everything really.. half decent camera, audio/video recording, windows based so u can have sttm and u can have navigation on them too.

I"v used O2 pda's which have same functionality as htc's. they r worth considering too.

personally i wud gt either htc or O2 ... only factor to chose between those 2 wud be looks. which eva looks nicer to u really cos functionwise they r very similar.

I would be using email services but not a lot... i wouldn't be using any messenger type services... but the MP3 player/recorder stuff is huge for me... obviously STTM functionality is a bonus... vid/cam i don't use much anyways so thats not really that important to me; as long as it has the functions... right now i'm leaning towards the HTC Touch..

i've never seen the HTC diamond... i'll do some research on that...

and i wouldn't really get the iphone, just too expensive for my blood...

keep the comments coming everybody.. thanks!!