Airports And Salais

wjkk wjkf

waheguru, depends... i was coming from india by virgin airline and i did not take off my 6 inches shri sahib and the security man was hindu and he even touched my shri sahib, but i did ardaas before that if guru ji you want me to take off my shri sahib then i will, otherwise please help your sikh and rest as you want....

it was amazing that the police man touched the kirpan and still didnt say a word... and i was like dhan guru nanak, dhan guru nanak.....waheguru waheguru....

wjkk wjkf

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Will I be allowed to take my salai to the airport? I normally keep it in my wallet.

A few years ago, went to the caribbean. Never had any issue.

Dunno what it's like on ryanair. Will be stansted. going to sweden.

Does it pose a security risk?

Otherwise will carry in baggage.

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

we had one of the most weirdest moments ever when we went on hol from Bham airport.

the bloke called me n my mum to the side , at that place where you go throught the metal detector, and they told my mum they gona open her hand bag and asked if theres any sharp things in it, and my mum sed there wasnt.

so they guy starts taking everything out, n im like totally unaware but then he pulls out one of these super size salais from her hand bag

then the bloke looks at us, i was like oh no !! .............then i said, 'oh its for my turban .........then he went over to the women on the computer and come back and kept emptying the contents.......then he took out another 5 super size salais!!! haha , i was like, 'mum why did u bring so many!!'

then the bloke looked at me again and was like wat are you playing at, no sharps!?? and so were all the goray who were watching, we went with some goray singhs who just started laughing cos it looked so bad carrying so many salias and most ppl dont know wat they are....then he went to see his supervisor and came back and to my suprise, put them bag in the hand bag and said ok thank you and let us go!!!!

I would never take a salai with me, cos its gona raise questions and is a sharp object.... but i think its down to the supervisors discretion, i seriously dont know how we were allowed on the plane, i urged my dad to take a pic but he wudnt...........

best to put it in the suitcase........

don't take the risk just for a salaee... i used to get away with it when travelling, but one time i was comin back from india, and i had a stopover in chicago... i went through detectors and my kara's set the beeper off.. so the guy sat me on the side... and used that wand thingie to check all over.. he got to my dastaar and it beeped and gave me this kinda surprised look.. (i keep my salaee at the back of my head under my dastaar - behind my ear) so anywhoo.. i was thinkin to myself 'oh crap'.. and i looked at him.. and i'm like 'oh its the metal in the comb that i have in my hair'... he was kool, he's like 'okay thats fine' (i guess he knew we wore kanga's) and he's like 'i'm jus gonna feel ur turban with my hands, just think of it as a head massage'.. i jus laughed and said okay, and he didn't (thankfully) feel the salaee and i was on my way...

point being.. don't take a chance... this guy was really nice and kool.. but u never kno when ur gonna run into sum1 who's jus had a bad day or sum1 who's racist or whatever... and it can get u into a lot of problems for nothing..