Man Marries Dog

Guest SatwantBeantKehar

Hinduism never ceases to amuse me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y50UI7GhQP8

thats funny man,

but on a serious note: I really don't understand what this have to do with Hinduism?? there is no scriptural references in Hinduism that shows one is allowed to marry with animals..? tomorrow, some joe blow sardar marries heterosexual/third gender in front of sri guru granth sahib ji.. what you going to say? sikhism never ceases to amuse me... i think "not".

i guess what the poster meant to say was " the supertitions of hindus never cease to amuse me".

yeh i sometimes smile at some superstitions of people, but thats the way theyve been brought up.

The man prob had some bad luck/misfortune in his life so went to see a pandit or some scolar who has told this man to marry a dog becos it was prob his wife in another life or summat. and then all their troubles will be over. NOT!!!

i heard a story of a man marreid his daughter to a dog.

superstition can be a fearful thing in some peoples lives.

Hinduism never ceases to amuse me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y50UI7GhQP8

thats funny man,

but on a serious note: I really don't understand what this have to do with Hinduism?? there is no scriptural references in Hinduism that shows one is allowed to marry with animals..? tomorrow, some joe blow sardar marries heterosexual/third gender in front of sri guru granth sahib ji.. what you going to say? sikhism never ceases to amuse me... i think "not".

right on the money

and another poster mentioned about superstitions and about the thought of karma ettc....that plays into it as well

when someone wants to hate, they can easily show hate

when someone wants to love, they can easily show love

but nowadays very few use logic and rational and realism which you did

appreciate it

Here's another case.

Charmed woman marries cobra in India

June 2, 2006

BHUBANESWAR, India — A woman who fell in love with a snake has married the reptile at a traditional Hindu wedding celebrated by 2,000 guests in India’s Orissa state, reports said on Friday.

Bimbala Das wore a silk sari for the ceremony on Wednesday at Atala village near the Orissa state capital Bhubaneswar.

Priests chanted mantras to seal the union, but the snake failed to come out of a nearby anthill where it lives, the Press Trust of India (PTI) said.

A brass replica snake stood in for the hesitant groom.

“Though snakes cannot speak nor understand, we communicate in a peculiar way,” Das, 30, told the agency.

“Whenever I put milk near the anthill where the cobra lives, it always comes out to drink.

“I always get to see it every time I go near the anthill. It has never harmed me,” she added.

Villagers welcomed the wedding in the belief that it would bring good fortune and laid on a feast for the big day.

Snakes and particularly the King Cobra are venerated in India as religious symbols worn by Lord Shiva, the god of destruction.

Das, from a lower caste, converted to the animal-loving vegetarian Vaishnav sect whose local elders gave her permission to marry the cobra, the world’s largest venomous snake that can grow up to five meters.

“I am happy,” said her mother Dyuti Bhoi, who has two other daughters and two sons to marry off.

“Bimbala was ill,” Bhoi told local OTV channel. “We had no money to treat her. Then she started offering milk to the snake … she was cured. That made her fall in love.”

Das has moved into a hut built close to the anthill since the wedding.

Earlier this year, a tribal girl was married off to a dog on the outskirts of Bhubaneswar.

Hindu dog wedding called off

Dec 18, 2006 1:22 PM

A Hindu wedding ceremony of 18 dogs has been called off in India after hard-line religious groups and animal rights activists said it was a mockery of the religion and cruel to the canines.

The marriage of nine dogs to nine bitches to promote canine culture was expected to take place on Sunday in the north-western town of Jaipur, the Times of India reported.

But the wedding, which according to Hindu rituals involves sitting in front of a sacred fire and exchanging flower garlands, was canceled after groups including People for Animals (PFA)

criticized the event.

The marriage would also have included a procession and a huge feast with a special dance party. Event management company B Positive and the Pink City Canine Club were organizing the spectacle.

"In my opinion, marriage of dogs is cruelty on animals," the newspaper quoted the PFA's chairman Naresh Kadyan as saying.

"People hold the front legs of the dogs against their will and force them to dance, which is cruel. The lights, noise, sound used in these kinds of events also hurt them."

The organizers said they were sorry for hurting people's sentiments but added they still planned to go ahead with the other events, including a beauty pageant for "unmarried dogs".

Source: Reuters