How To Get Closer To God...

Guest _Singh_

The way to get closer to God is by following Guru sahib's instructions; rehat. His rehat was only given to hasten the spirituality of the Sikh. When the Sikh makes their life a constant struggle for Guru sahib by not wasting time in useless activities but only on worldly duty (work) and spiritual duty (gurbani/naam abhiyaas) Guru sahib will guide the Sikh on every step they take. There is no time to do naam abhiyaas, it should be done whenever sikh has time away from worldly duties. Guru sahib has given us this life to spend it in devotion to God; to complete our bhagti. If we waste our time we will be moving towards falsehood and away from God. You will know when you will be going closer to God because you will feel and experience the presence of Guru sahib, many wondrous spiritual events will be unfolded, you will meet Bharmgyanis - every day will be a new step to God.

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

Guest haha
The way to get closer to God is by following Guru sahib's instructions; rehat. His rehat was only given to hasten the spirituality of the Sikh. When the Sikh makes their life a constant struggle for Guru sahib by not wasting time in useless activities but only on worldly duty (work) and spiritual duty (gurbani/naam abhiyaas) Guru sahib will guide the Sikh on every step they take. There is no time to do naam abhiyaas, it should be done whenever sikh has time away from worldly duties. Guru sahib has given us this life to spend it in devotion to God; to complete our bhagti. If we waste our time we will be moving towards falsehood and away from God. You will know when you will be going closer to God because you will feel and experience the presence of Guru sahib, many wondrous spiritual events will be unfolded, you will meet Bharmgyanis - every day will be a new step to God.

vahegurujikakhalsavahegurujikifateh

thank you for enlightening us oh enlightened one

i'm obviously noone to disagree with Maskeen Ji, but you always hear that when you feel that there's a distance, you're th eone that's created it.. in my opinion, which is worth nothing really....the "all-merciful Lord" will always grant his/her Child's wishes if it's asked for with sincerity and love... hence charan sharan gur ek painda jaaey chal, satgur kot painda aagay hoey layt hai....

aath pahar prabh jaano neray

jeh jeh pekho, teh hajoor

guru meray sang sadaa hai naalay

so prabh neyray hoo tey neray, simar dhiyaaey gaaey gun gobind

though i suppose "karmi aapo aapnee, key nayray, ke door" would be in line with what you wrote... or those lines about how God alone chooses which souls travel the Spiritual path, and which ones diverge from it.....

Bhagtas over the ages took upon both approaches to realizing god. Some have said that I don't know where you are God, but you know where I am, so you come to me.

It is the Laad, the playful relationship of a bhagat that can invoke such statements, not egos or lack of efforts on a seeker.

Buddha seeked this source for 7 years and until one day he renounced this seeking and just sat down, he put his mind aside his effort aside and just surrendered.....it was then he realized the source within, the nirvaan, the emptiness from which all manifests, the Shoonia.

It was then that 'it' came to him. If we are searching then the one who is searching continues to exist...the I continues to search and by default that which we seek with, the I is the reason we are separated. When this I is gone then who is the one seeking and that which this wall of I was holding back comes rushing in.