Biased Accounts Of 84 On Bbc News Website

I am Sikh and if the temple is really holy it should not have been used by Sikhs to hide there with guns. They betrayed the rest of us. Indian nationalism should come before religion.

:jamdoot People really need to get educated!!!

They think that Bhindranwale had a war in Harmander Sahib just for the fun of it!!

Yh tho, the comments on that site are quite bad and all seem to be attacking the Sikh Religion. The main message im gettin from the comments is "forget about it"

Funny how people that have no knowledge about the events talk as if they have spent there whole life studying about it. Pisses me off when people think militants were controlling golden temple, if they were militants and had control over the golden temple sikhs would have done something about it. But since santji spoke the truth and woke the panth up they became militants in the eyes of the gov.

In my view we do to little to counter the misinterpretations and misrepresentations of our kaum. 20 years on and all we can do is produce cheap repetitive youtube videos making our Mahapurkahs look like gangstas. We have our annual day out in sunny Hyde Park where for the past 20 years we have been seeing the same small turnout. As a Kaum we have not been able to even gather enough statistical information to back up our side of the story and therefore it always gives way to these other GOI/Orthodox Hindu biased views clouding the real truth.

In my view we do to little to counter the misinterpretations and misrepresentations of our kaum. 20 years on and all we can do is produce cheap repetitive youtube videos making our Mahapurkahs look like gangstas. We have our annual day out in sunny Hyde Park where for the past 20 years we have been seeing the same small turnout. As a Kaum we have not been able to even gather enough statistical information to back up our side of the story and therefore it always gives way to these other GOI/Orthodox Hindu biased views clouding the real truth.

[/quote

Fact is, we have all forgotten, you can wear shirts all day long with never forget 84! But in all seriousness, people have forgotten, it wasn't just about massacres, its also remembering the Shaheeds of 84, who stood and fought for our Kaum. In India, speak to the youth, a girl asked me why did Sant ji stay in the Harminder Sahib, simple answer, he was with our Guru, would Guru Gobind Singh ji turn away his son? NO!

We should complain about these very biased accounts of what happened in 84, the history that was lost with the destruction of Harmandir Sahib, the scale of the loss of life at the hands of the Hindu rioters.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3754489.stm#map

dhan waheguru dhan waheguru dhan waheguru

this makes me so angry

i hate the indian government

thse comments are a page full of lies

the real terrorist is that government who claims to be a democracy yet saheehed bhai khalra ji was killed because he was sourveying the depth of 84s damage

listen my dear sikhs

its time we stand up

we must stand because each one of our freedoms in india is slowly being taken away

the state if punjab is slowly coming to ruin

punjabi is dying out

sardar jokes are being told left and right

people are losing respect for us and thhe worst part is

all those who have gotten saheehed have their sacrifices gone in vain?

badal has recently

1) told makar n vedanti to stop using the line rajkaregakhalsa after ardas because it wakes sikh spirit

2)secretl installed an ac at harimandir sahb without sikhs approval

3) stopped the building of a memorial which was to protect the saheeheds

4) near fatehgargh sahib gurudwara about a month ago he and his men cut the hair of an amrithari elderly lady because her son got in a fight with them

how can we see this injustice

look at the videos we have of 84 they tell us who the real terrorist is

sant bhindrawale was the protecter of the poor

even hindus went to him and he helped them

the indian govvernment claimed to kill terrorists but they tortured even children thats a fact

now they want to blame the sikhs

if we dont get out story out and if we dont fight for our rights wht will happen in the future???????are we gonna live as gulams(slaves) in india the way sant ji told us not too

im sorry to go on this rant but it really upsets me

i think rupinder singh hit the nail on the head, to many manay not interested in sikhi wearing t-shirts and making videos on youtube rather than absolving themselves in sikhi and doing something.

I also think its probably time to stop talking and DO SOMETHING!!!. its not as hard as most people think to make a Real difference. I know when im old enough i'll try my best.

[/quote

Fact is, we have all forgotten, you can wear shirts all day long with never forget 84! But in all seriousness, people have forgotten, it wasn't just about massacres, its also remembering the Shaheeds of 84, who stood and fought for our Kaum. In India, speak to the youth, a girl asked me why did Sant ji stay in the Harminder Sahib, simple answer, he was with our Guru, would Guru Gobind Singh ji turn away his son? NO!

Another reason he stayed at akal takht/harmandir sahib was the fact that akal takht is the political seat of the sikhs, its kind of like parliament/(or white house for you americans)!!!! where else do you expect sant ji to be???

bro

how much proof do u need. there is all the proof you'll ever need. the problem isnt the sikhs and that they are not doing enough. Its the dam indian gov't whos good at oppressing people like the US gov't. This is why its taking Sikh militants to pick up arms themselves and get justice on their own...or other wise none of this would have happened in the first place. Its all a struggle for freedom b4 84 and now still today...this mission for freedom isnt over yet.