Gangster Sikhs

Guest _singh_

Guest _singh_

why is it that alot of MOD EDIT - young Sikhs go around acting like gangster sikhs?

baba jarnail singh bhindrawale is like god for most of them, and they can't get over fantasizing about ak-47s and jagowale rap tracks, but have no jeevan at all its just so frustrating to see that some youth are heading into that direction.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yh trusay blud! lol nah its true tho, i hate it when they do that and think they're flippin singh version of bob marley, an then they go an where du-rags! u get wha i'm sayin daawwwwwwg! and thats how those gangster sikhs talk...dont u just hate them!? :p

making this a serius issue agen... i think we need to help do sangat with them (Except for me cuz i aint worth doin sangat wiv) an help them to understand and drill stuff into their heads...literally! :jamdoot

vaahegurooooo!

I think its because their confused with their identity and masculinity and are compensating in a strange way.

Innit blud.

Yeh yeh - squash da beef innit.

Guest peacemaker
making this a serius issue agen... i think we need to help do sangat with them (Except for me cuz i aint worth doin sangat wiv) an help them to understand and drill stuff into their heads...literally! :jamdoot

This really baffles me. How can you tell people to do anything when you don't even have respect for yourself? If you didn't think you were "worthy" to begin with, then please don't put yourself in the spotlight where your motives for saying something could be questioned.

peacemaker, i think he was joking haha

But, it's true... There's so many of these younger kids who can name off just about anything pertaining to 1984 and Sant Ji, but who probably dont know the first 5 pauris of Japji Sahib... I love that they're inspired, but it just seems like it doesn't seem to inspire them to become more bani-imbued, it seems to inspire them to become "hardcore" and "militant" and unfortunately, increasingly filled with hatred

like I understand the need to commemorate and remember June 1984, but maybe i'm alone in this, but it totally bothers me that we forgot one of the reasons that made BlueStar such a big deal. There was that many people on the complex becuase of Guru Arjan Dev Ji`s Shaheedi Gurpurab.....

Again, i'm in no way trying to marginalize everything the shaheeds of 1984 gave us. They laid down their lives, they spilled their blood and they took a stand against an oppressive government, and we probably can never thank them enough, or do enough ustat for them... BUT here's my disappointment:

Guru Arjan Dev Ji's shaheedi Gurpurab came and went, and in comparison to the number of threads on hatred being spread for hindus and other people, it was a bit surprising... Because it seems the 1984 threads all turn into some sort of hate mongering for one grou of people or another..... Our shaheeds laid down their lives because the love in their hearts was so intense, that they saw that as a way to express themselves to Guru........ as professor puran singh writes:

“I have come away now, My bosom throbs. The Guru has called me to the service of the Khalsa; I am offering my heart’s blood, only a few drops they are, for mixing it with the cement with which one more marble slab is to be laid today on the floor of our Hari Mandir"

THAT'S THE SPIRIT OF OUR SHAHEEDS, but we turn most of these threads into absolute bullcrap... absolute waste of time, and then young kids read this junk and think "oh wow, i need to be angry if i wanna be guru gobind singh's sikh"

and meanwhile, in the process, we're forgetting the sacrifices of our Gurus themselves... Guru Arjan Dev Ji's shaheedi was largely forgotten on this site... but hopefully everyone remembered it for themselves and commemorated it within their hearts....

again, not trying to say that we shouldn't remember and commemorate June 1984... so don't assume i'm spitting on the legacy of the Sikhs who lost or had their lives dramatically altered from the events.

gangster sikhs lol, last week i loved it when i went to a vaisakhi mela,i saw so many many apne with cut hair, smoking and wearing Bhindranwale shirts, the ironic thing being that if sant ji could see them he'd be telling them how badly they have failed!!!!

I think the important thing to perhaps remember, in regard to the khalistan problem, is "pehla sant, pher siphai".(first saint, then soldier

ਗਉੜੀ ਚੇਤੀ

गउड़ी चेती

Ga­oṛī cẖėṯī

Gauree Chaytee:

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ

ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

Ik­oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

ਹਰਿ ਜਸੁ ਸੁਨਹਿ ਹਰਿ ਗੁਨ ਗਾਵਹਿ

हरि जसु सुनहि न हरि गुन गावहि ॥

Har jas suneh na har gun gāvahi.

They do not listen to the Lord's Praises, and they do not sing the Lord's Glories,

ਬਾਤਨ ਹੀ ਅਸਮਾਨੁ ਗਿਰਾਵਹਿ ॥੧॥

बातन ही असमानु गिरावहि ॥१॥

Bāṯan hī asmān girāveh. ||1||

but they try to bring down the sky with their talk. ||1||

ਐਸੇ ਲੋਗਨ ਸਿਉ ਕਿਆ ਕਹੀਐ

ऐसे लोगन सिउ किआ कहीऐ ॥

Aisė logan si­o ki­ā kahī­ai.

What can anyone say to such people?

ਜੋ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੀਏ ਭਗਤਿ ਤੇ ਬਾਹਜ ਤਿਨ ਤੇ ਸਦਾ ਡਰਾਨੇ ਰਹੀਐ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

जो प्रभ कीए भगति ते बाहज तिन ते सदा डराने रहीऐ ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Jo parabẖ kī­ė bẖagaṯ ṯė bāhaj ṯin ṯė saḏā darānė rahī­ai. ||1|| rahā­o.

You should always be careful around those whom God has excluded from His devotional worship. ||1||Pause||

ਆਪਿ ਦੇਹਿ ਚੁਰੂ ਭਰਿ ਪਾਨੀ

आपि न देहि चुरू भरि पानी ॥

Āp na ḏeh cẖurū bẖar pānī.

They do not offer even a handful of water,

ਤਿਹ ਨਿੰਦਹਿ ਜਿਹ ਗੰਗਾ ਆਨੀ ॥੨॥

तिह निंदहि जिह गंगा आनी ॥२॥

Ŧih ninḏeh jih gangā ānī. ||2||

while they slander the one who brought forth the Ganges. ||2||

ਬੈਠਤ ਉਠਤ ਕੁਟਿਲਤਾ ਚਾਲਹਿ

बैठत उठत कुटिलता चालहि ॥

Baiṯẖaṯ uṯẖaṯ kutilṯā cẖāleh.

Sitting down or standing up, their ways are crooked and evil.

ਆਪੁ ਗਏ ਅਉਰਨ ਹੂ ਘਾਲਹਿ ॥੩॥

आपु गए अउरन हू घालहि ॥३॥

Āp ga­ė a­uran hū gẖāleh. ||3||

They ruin themselves, and then they ruin others. ||3||

ਛਾਡਿ ਕੁਚਰਚਾ ਆਨ ਜਾਨਹਿ

छाडि कुचरचा आन न जानहि ॥

Cẖẖād kucẖracẖā ān na jāneh.

They know nothing except evil talk.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਹੂ ਕੋ ਕਹਿਓ ਮਾਨਹਿ ॥੪॥

ब्रहमा हू को कहिओ न मानहि ॥४॥

Barahmā hū ko kahi­o na māneh. ||4||

They would not even obey Brahma's orders. ||4||

ਆਪੁ ਗਏ ਅਉਰਨ ਹੂ ਖੋਵਹਿ

आपु गए अउरन हू खोवहि ॥

Āp ga­ė a­uran hū kẖoveh.

They themselves are lost, and they mislead others as well.

ਆਗਿ ਲਗਾਇ ਮੰਦਰ ਮੈ ਸੋਵਹਿ ॥੫॥

आगि लगाइ मंदर मै सोवहि ॥५॥

Āg lagā­ė manḏar mai soveh. ||5||

They set their own temple on fire, and then they fall asleep within it. ||5||

ਅਵਰਨ ਹਸਤ ਆਪ ਹਹਿ ਕਾਂਨੇ

अवरन हसत आप हहि कांने ॥

Avran hasaṯ āp heh kāʼnnė.

They laugh at others, while they themselves are one-eyed.

ਤਿਨ ਕਉ ਦੇਖਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਲਜਾਨੇ ॥੬॥੧॥੪੪॥

तिन कउ देखि कबीर लजाने ॥६॥१॥४४॥

Ŧin ka­o ḏėkẖ Kabīr lajānė. ||6||1||44||

Seeing them, Kabeer is embarrassed. ||6||1||44||