How Can I Take Amrit

SonyNeech

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one thing I would like to say is that its not mandatory to take amrit

they say that amrit is only pure until it is ur will to take it which means u have to be ready urself and have the yearning for god

veerji u told us alot before about urself and ur telling more but my answer to u is that u might smoke drink and do all those bad things but u always come back to bani everytime

u say u do sewa and simran well if ur doing these 2 things what else can be better

Wowww that was one confusing post lol

You don't love god because your scared of him due to the things which have happened in your life which is fair enough but look at the good things which have happened, not everyones life runs smoothly we all face problems but we just shift the blame onto god because we don't know how to handle things any other way.

Everything in life happens for a reason it isn't just a coincidence or down to good luck, things happen accordingly to our past deeds and actions and the only thing which can change them is seva, simran, and bani. You say you don't feel as good when you refrain from doing these things but think about why

How can you say that ardas doesn't help you? If you do it with the right intentions and with an honest heart then why wont god listen to you? Just because you haven't taken amrit doesn't mean that hes going to ignore you or somehow punish you because god loves everyone but I think in a way hes just trying to guide you slowly but maybe your scared of progressing on a spiritual level?

one thing I would like to say is that its not mandatory to take amrit

they say that amrit is only pure until it is ur will to take it which means u have to be ready urself and have the yearning for god

veerji u told us alot before about urself and ur telling more but my answer to u is that u might smoke drink and do all those bad things but u always come back to bani everytime

u say u do sewa and simran well if ur doing these 2 things what else can be better

i didn't do seva just GOD called me into GURDWARA and i do SEVA.coz GOD says

TERY SEVA TERY SEVA

MUKT BHUGAT JUGAT TERY SEVA

JIS TON AAP KARAYEIN

so TRUE GURU JI calling me into GURDWARA and put me into SEVA.nothing special into me and i am not doing.just TRUE GURU JI calling me.but during seva my mind never be in BANI.eyes r watching the sangat.body works may be ears r listening.when i listen TUK from GURBANI .just my mind got what it actually mean.even i don't believe in ARDAS.i typed here all true coz i don't like to speak lie to SAAD SANGAT .no one can speak lie to saad sangat even they try.coz GURU JI always in SAAD SANGAT and no one can speak lie to TRUE GURU JI.but i don't love him i now.i never feel love for him into my heart.just every time i feel away from TRUE GURU JI.

GAVE KO JAPE JISE DOOR

KKV using Akhalee Nihang Baba Hardeesh Singh Jee Welling Vahleh's account

You know what; I don't know why your stressing? Am in the EXACT same boat as you. I haven’t taken Amrith yet because;

1. I KNOW am not ready, I don’t do ENOUGH Paat, Simran etc

2. I get doubts (I've been told EVERYONE does) but I want to at least do SOME Kamaee before giving my head to Vaaheguroo

3. I get PROPER scared like I see all the other Singhnee'yaa and Singhs with PROPER Pyaar and Shardhaa and think to myself 'WOAH, why don't do have that, why don't I love Vaaheguroo, why do i even question whether there is Vaaheguroo'. I get all like 'HAWW I got my Dhasthaar etc and everyone must look and think yeah man SINGHNEE, BUT why don’t I have the inside in tune with Vaaheguroo then I get all over the top like haww what if i become a atheist (Vaaheguroo) and yeah i go off on one etc but it all boils down to our OWN Karm.

4. I feel I don't have any love for Vaaheguroo either (Vaaheguroo - hopefully one day eventually). We have to EARN Charnaa Dhee Preeth.

5. I spoke to Bhaee Navreet Singh Jee UK Vahleh about all this and they said: We all say that i want to TAKE Amrith BUT we should look at it in another light as well. When we go to Siree Guroo Granth Sahib Jee and to the Panj Pyaareh and say to them 'Am ready' We aren’t supposed to think am going to take Amrith, we go to GIVE our heads (obviously they ALREADY belong to Vaaheguroo) BUT from the day you give your head to Vaaheguroo, you do EVERYTHING and ANYTHING according how a Gurmukh would. Your sohjee should go from ManMath to GurMath.

As you for saying that Vaaheguroo has already punished you. NO WAY has Vaaheguroo punished you, it’s your OWN Karmah dha fal.

There is a Sahkee on this that I heard when Gyanee Gurdev Singh Jee (Dham Dhamee Taksaal Vahleh) came here to the UK:

Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee and Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee were walking along and they passed a river. Close to this river there were people there that had nails hammered through their throats and into their necks. Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee was proper freaked out by this and WELL badly wanted to ask Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee who they were but didn't ask because he was worried of the answer. So they continued to walk.

Now, they passed another river. Near this river there were people who had SUCH fair skin. BUT their hands, faces and feet were PITCH black. Again Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee was puzzled and wondered why were their whole body fair but their faces, hands and feet were black? By now he knew if Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee wanted to tell him why they were like that they would have. So keeping himself quite they walked along.

Now finally they walked past a final river before they stopped to so Reharaas Saahb. This river had people there that were cannibals. Now Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee was FREAKED by this and was proper panicking and walked a little closer to Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee.

By now Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee could see that Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee was really scared. He also knew that Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee wanted to ask who those people were. Instead they said to Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee ‘ Chadhar Vushaa apa’n Reharaas Saahb Karee’ye’ (Spread out a Sheet so we can sit down and do Reharaas Saahb). Doing as he was told Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee lay out a white sheet and sat down next to Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee and just before they started, 3 beings came and sat down near them, but a little further away from them. Obviously Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee wanted to know who they were; but Reharaas Saahb had started and he couldn’t interrupt.

So when the Smaapathee of Reharaas Saahb had been done, Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee brought up the courage and asked Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee who are these people? Laughing Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee said ‘Thusee innah noo apeh puchoh’ (Ask them yourself). Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee went a little closer to the 3 beings and asked them; ‘Thusee Kohn’vaa Jee?’ (Who are you?).

The 3 beings replied well we are not from this world. We came to this world and we lived just as everyone as humans. During that lifetime we used to do some Sevaa, some Paat, some Simran, everyone now and again when we had the “time” we did Reharaas Saahb. But some day when we felt lazy, tired, or had other “responsibilities” we wouldn’t do Reharaas Saahb. So did get a seat in SachKhand because we tried to live a honest life, we did some Sevaa, some Paat and some Simran, but every evening when in SachKhand the Sangath are doing Reharaas Saahb, we are not invited to take part. We are told to go elsewhere until the Smaapathee of Reharaas Saahb is done; so therefore we have to come back to this world to take part in Reharaas Saahb.

Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee was quite amazed that such a Shabadh we take granted for it affects our whereabouts of Parlohk (after death).

Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee couldn’t contain himself he just HAD to ask Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee who those people by the river were. Siree Guroo Nanak Dev Jee being Jannee Jaan (All-knowing) told Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee:

The first river where you saw the people who had nails sticking through their throats and into their necks. They were people who during their lifetime used to have a lot of ego. They would walk about with their Sir (Heads) Oocheh (held high), they would act superior to others. So now their fal (outcome) for doing that was that they would live with their throats nailed to their necks so that they forever keep their heads lowered and not let it rise with ego (physically and spiritually).

The second river where you saw the people who had fair skin all over except their faces, hands and feet. They were the people who had Dhukh (pains, sorrow) in their life and they would walk to the DharmSahlaa (Gurdhvaaraa) and they would hold their hands together in front of Vaaheguroo and say “Why are YOU punishing me? Why are YOU giving me pain?” The feet they used to walk to the DharmSahlaa (Gurdhvaaraa) with, the hands they used to fold and the faces they used to say to Vaaheguroo all them things ALL them areas are now pitch black. Their fal (outcome) for doing that is that all their body will be coloured fairly except their faces, hands, and feet.

The problem isn’t that they came to Vaaheguroo and talked about their Dukh (pains, sorrow); its the fact they came and said to Vaaheguroo “Why did YOU give me Dukh?” Instead of saying to Vaaheguroo ‘I must have done something wrong in my past lives, and now I am paying the price, can you HELP me pass this hard time’, they would say that. What we get in our lifetime is according to our Karm, Vaaheguroo NEVER punishes us, he only helps us.

Finally the last river where you saw them cannibals. Those were people who would sell their daughters. Not ONLY in the sense that they sold their daughters for money but as in the sense they would have their daughters married into households where no one did Naam Jaap, had no sohjee (awareness) of Vaaheguroo etc. They would rather have their daughters marry into particular households so as their status would increase, so as they would be given money and other “luxuries” etc. So now their fal (outcome) is that they live their life like that.

After hearing all of that Bhaee Mardhanaa Jee was astounded that such things were think are “minor” can have such a large affect.

From that we are to learn, that no matter what we shouldn’t take pride in temporary things, whether its beauty, wealth, family etc – nothing is going to last.

We shouldn’t make it a habit of thinking that whenever something goes wrong that its all in Vaaheguroo’s Hukam, or its his fault, and whenever something goes right, we did it.

Finally, we shouldn’t have our daughter married into households where there is no Naam Jaap etc.

Importantly, never miss out Reharaas Saahb.

Sorry for the really long speech but I think I do understand where your coming from, the only thing you can do is make changed to your lifestyle in such a way that you feel your doing SOME Kamaee (Naam Jaap, Simran etc) and then do Ardhaas and take HukamNamaa and see what your answer is.

Always remember the following:

isrIrwgu mhlw 5 ]

Siree Raag, Fifth Mehl

jw kau musklu Aiq bxY FoeI koie n dyie ]

When you are confronted with terrible hardships and no one offers you any support

lwgU hoey dusmnw swk iB Bij Kly ]

When your friends turn into enemies, and even your relatives have deserted you

sBo BjY Awsrw cukY sBu Asrwau ]

And when all support has given way, and all hope has been lost

iciq AwvY Esu pwrbRhmu lgY n qqI vwau ]1]

If you then come to remember the Supreme Lord God, even the hot wind shall not touch you

http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=180

^^ Good Post.

To the original poster;

The way i see it you've encountered some difficult times, and you think god was responsible and was 'punishing' you for some reason. And for this reason you know there is a God, you say you're scared of God?

Its mahrajs kirpaa that you have this desire to do seva and simran, its mahraj who is taking care of you, its mahraj who clothes you, feeds you, looks after you everyday, mahraj never forgets you, he would never punish you or cause you pain. We all go through hard times as a result of our karme, we all get down etc, but we have to pick oursleves up. Dont blame God, blame ourselves. Realise that mahraj is the only one who loves you truly. The more you continue to read mahrajs baani, you will develop piaar slowly.

If you dont want to do ardas, dont no ones forcing you. Ardas should come from your heart, not just mechanically. When you feel all these doubts etc, talk to mahraj. What ever answers you're looking for, you wont get them from here, only from God.

You said: <<<if i love GOD so i shouldn't eat non veg.alcohol,smoke.cut hair.it' all symbol to show i don't love him>>

So your saying because you do these things it means you dont love God, or you do these things to show that you dont love God?

<<<lots of people don't need to do ARDAAS and SIMRAN+SEVA they have good life to live>>>

I beleive its not possible to have a ''good life'' without simran and seva. Like i said previously it seems like ur just going thru a bad path but dont blame mahraj and push him away, instead turn to God.

Gurfateh jee

ਸੂਹੀ ਮਹਲਾ

सूही महला ५ ॥

Sūhī mehlā 5.

Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

ਜਿਸ ਕੇ ਸਿਰ ਊਪਰਿ ਤੂੰ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਸੋ ਦੁਖੁ ਕੈਸਾ ਪਾਵੈ

जिस के सिर ऊपरि तूं सुआमी सो दुखु कैसा पावै ॥

Jis kė sir ūpar ṯūʼn su­āmī so ḏukẖ kaisā pāvai.

When You stand over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain?

ਬੋਲਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਮਾਇਆ ਮਦਿ ਮਾਤਾ ਮਰਣਾ ਚੀਤਿ ਆਵੈ ॥੧॥

बोलि न जाणै माइआ मदि माता मरणा चीति न आवै ॥१॥

Bol na jāṇai mā­i­ā maḏ māṯā marṇā cẖīṯ na āvai. ||1||

The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name - he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. ||1||

ਮੇਰੇ ਰਾਮ ਰਾਇ ਤੂੰ ਸੰਤਾ ਕਾ ਸੰਤ ਤੇਰੇ

मेरे राम राइ तूं संता का संत तेरे ॥

Mėrė rām rā­ė ṯūʼn sanṯā kā sanṯ ṯėrė.

O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You.

ਤੇਰੇ ਸੇਵਕ ਕਉ ਭਉ ਕਿਛੁ ਨਾਹੀ ਜਮੁ ਨਹੀ ਆਵੈ ਨੇਰੇ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ

तेरे सेवक कउ भउ किछु नाही जमु नही आवै नेरे ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Ŧėrė sėvak ka­o bẖa­o kicẖẖ nāhī jam nahī āvai nėrė. ||1|| rahā­o.

Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. ||1||Pause||

ਜੋ ਤੇਰੈ ਰੰਗਿ ਰਾਤੇ ਸੁਆਮੀ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਕਾ ਜਨਮ ਮਰਣ ਦੁਖੁ ਨਾਸਾ

जो तेरै रंगि राते सुआमी तिन्ह का जनम मरण दुखु नासा ॥

Jo ṯėrai rang rāṯė su­āmī ṯinĥ kā janam maraṇ ḏukẖ nāsā.

Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death.

ਤੇਰੀ ਬਖਸ ਮੇਟੈ ਕੋਈ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਦਿਲਾਸਾ ॥੨॥

तेरी बखस न मेटै कोई सतिगुर का दिलासा ॥२॥

Ŧėrī bakẖas na mėtai ko­ī saṯgur kā ḏilāsā. ||2||

No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. ||2||

ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਨਿ ਸੁਖ ਫਲ ਪਾਇਨਿ ਆਠ ਪਹਰ ਆਰਾਧਹਿ

नामु धिआइनि सुख फल पाइनि आठ पहर आराधहि ॥

Nām ḏẖi­ā­in sukẖ fal pā­in āṯẖ pahar ārāḏẖeh.

Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You.

ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਿ ਤੇਰੈ ਭਰਵਾਸੈ ਪੰਚ ਦੁਸਟ ਲੈ ਸਾਧਹਿ ॥੩॥

तेरी सरणि तेरै भरवासै पंच दुसट लै साधहि ॥३॥

Ŧėrī saraṇ ṯėrai bẖarvāsai pancẖ ḏusat lai sāḏẖeh. ||3||

In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. ||3||

ਗਿਆਨੁ ਧਿਆਨੁ ਕਿਛੁ ਕਰਮੁ ਜਾਣਾ ਸਾਰ ਜਾਣਾ ਤੇਰੀ

गिआनु धिआनु किछु करमु न जाणा सार न जाणा तेरी ॥

Gi­ān ḏẖi­ān kicẖẖ karam na jāṇā sār na jāṇā ṯėrī.

I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence.

ਸਭ ਤੇ ਵਡਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਜਿਨਿ ਕਲ ਰਾਖੀ ਮੇਰੀ ॥੪॥੧੦॥੫੭॥

सभ ते वडा सतिगुरु नानकु जिनि कल राखी मेरी ॥४॥१०॥५७॥

Sabẖ ṯė vadā saṯgur Nānak jin kal rākẖī mėrī. ||4||10||57||

Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. ||4||10||57||

Sat Sri Akal Ji

i can't share here AMRIT experience coz i didn't take it .in fact i don't want.I don't love GOD. i want to do SIMRAN + SEVA.but i don't want to take amrit.i am not ready for it.even i know the value of AMRIT.without AMRIT u never be acceptable at GURU'S door.

Sometime when i listen to GURBANI.I forgot myself into GURBANI.i forgot all the world where i am.and sometimes i got tears into my eyes to do CHOPAI SAHIB JI.every time i see into my heart i didn't find love for GURU JI.just i scared from GURU JI.even my faith on ARDAAS completely broken.

I don't know why i want to do PATH + SEVA.if i don't do PATH morning time JAPJI SAHIB JI. i abuse myself.why i don't do path.lot of times i done PATH into my dreams.even i smoke drink and i don't keep my hair.

SAAD SANGAT ji told me many times to do AARDAAS.how can i do ARDAAS if i don't believe into ARDAAS.and as well my heart don't want to do ARDAAS.

how can i take AMRIT.it's far far away from me.so if i don't take amrit so GURUR JI punish me.he already punished me a lot.so why u all called him GURU JI always pity.i never seen into my life.

bhul chuk muaaf

KAR BANDE TU BANDAGI

JICHAR GATT CHHAOU

KUDRAT KEEM NA JANIYE

WADA BE-PARVAOO

Singh, Don't worry too much.

Questions could be good cos it shows that you wanna change, but it can also be bad as your mind waivers from thinking about the good things gurbani teaches us.

You say god (waheguru) doesn't love you! Singh OFCOURSE waheguru does, just have faith and build that relationship in anyway you can, sewa, sangat, or even simran.

Smoking and drinking is your choice, you will know what to do once you feel that love. Simran is wikid keep it up.

keep ya self around true sikhs. and try listening to more kirtan, or dhadi's... whatever inspires you in your own way.

everyone waivers from time to time unless we are solid in our rehit or a mahapursh. practice makes perfect.

and don't beat yaself up too much.

To a certain extent, I think your searching questions and honesty will eventually make ur avastha alot higher than most of us. Rather than hiding your true thoughs you are confronting them. Most of us will try and be something which our mind is not. Its only a good thing if you challenge this. You are looking to love God, ultimately its the hardest thing, its totally submitting to Gods will and not worshipping God out of our own selfish need. Most of us like me dont do Paath out of true love, but if we reach that stage then guru jee says: nanak Leen bhayoo Gobind siyo, jo pani sang pani: O Nanak, he merges with the Lord of the Universe, like water with water. ||3||11|| http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2404 We become one with Waheguru, there becomes no difference between us and God, we become bhagats.

What you are saying is true, most of us do simran or ardas etc because we fear God, or because we want something in return. Its easy to say have piyar for God, for example most of us who are rude and laugh at others are then the ones give advice, very stange esp if this is the result of piyar for Waheguru.

The fact that you are looking for answers can in it self be an ardaas, maharajs says: vin bolia sabh kich janda tis agai keechai ardas. If u in your heart are crying for Gods help, God can hear and understand ur hearts feeling better than any of us.

If we ask maharaj to forgive for our mistakes or sins then we will be put on gurmats marag or path, if there is ever an ardas we should make, this I feel is the best one, or one applicable to me: pichlai aughan bakash laih, prabh agai marag pavai. Please forgive my past actions and place me on the path to Waheguru in the future. By doing such an ardas maharaj will definitly help us the shabad continues:

hir AMqrjwmI sB ibiD jwxY qw iksu pih AwiK suxweIAY ] The Lord, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, knows all about my state of mind; so who else should I go to and speak to?

khxY kQin n BIjY goibMdu hir BwvY pYj rKweIAY ]

kehanai kathhan n bheejai gobi(n)dh har bhaavai paij rakhaaeeai ||

The Lord, the Lord of the Universe, is not pleased by mere recitation of words; if it is pleasing to His Will, He preserves our honor.

Avr Et mY sglI dyKI iek qyrI Et rhweIAY ]3]

avar outt mai sagalee dhaekhee eik thaeree outt rehaaeeai ||3||

I have seen all other shelters, but Yours alone remains for me. ||3||

hoie dieAwlu ikrpwlu pRBu Twkuru Awpy suxY bynµqI ]

hoe dhaeiaal kirapaal prabh t(h)aakur aapae sunai baena(n)thee ||

Becoming kind and compassionate, God the Lord and Master Himself listens to my prayer.

pUrw sqguru myil imlwvY sB cUkY mn kI icMqI ]

pooraa sathagur mael milaavai sabh chookai man kee chi(n)thee ||

He unites me in Union with the Perfect True Guru, and all the cares and anxieties of my mind are dispelled.

hir hir nwmu AvKdu muiK pwieAw jn nwnk suiK vsMqI ]4]12]62]

har har naam avakhadh mukh paaeiaa jan naanak sukh vasa(n)thee ||4||12||62||

The Lord, Har, Har, has placed the medicine of the Naam into my mouth; servant Nanak abides in peace. ||4||12||62||

Sometimes It may feel like God is punishing us, however its a test to see whether we would waiver just like another veer jee said. The real nature of god is described in the shabad har jan rakhi gur gobind, kanth laih avgun sabh mithai dyal purakh bashand. http://sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2600 Our role is to follow the hukam, Waheguru will take care of the rest.