Sikhs Attacks Mtv Office To Protest Poster

BiggChan

Sikhs attacks MTV office to protest poster

Mumbai News.Net

Monday 16th June, 2008 (IANS)

A group of over 200 Sikhs attacked the office of the music channel MTV India in south-central Mumbai Monday afternoon to protest a 'defamatory' poster, police said here.

The protesters were objecting to the poster of a show called 'On the job', a career-based reality programme, a MTV spokesperson said. The poster was put up Monday afternoon.

The poster showed a woman massaging a man while a Sikh youth looked at them.

http://www.mumbainews.net/story/371526

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

I think it is actually disgraceful and will only lead to more hate. What if someone was seriously hurt or killed because of this attack?

We wouldn't want anyone attacking us, so this seems very messed up that we applaude when we do it to someone else!!

I think it is actually disgraceful and will only lead to more hate. What if someone was seriously hurt or killed because of this attack?

We wouldn't want anyone attacking us, so this seems very messed up that we applaude when we do it to someone else!!

Attack on Sikhi Saroop is worse than that...

If it will not be stopped now then it can thousands one day.

Guest peacemaker

I'm saying any kind of attack is wrong in general because innocent people could get injured. All attacks are bad and the word attack is a negative word!

"Then it can thousands one day" What does that mean, sorry? :gg: I'm saying any kind of attack is wrong in general because innocent people could get injured.

sorry it can kill thosands one day.

peacemaker ji. I agree with u but these ppl don't know the actual way.... Every day they are making fun of Sikhi.. it is common amung ppl of delhi and bombay and other states that sikhs are just subject of fun nothing else... bollywood made "Bolesonehal" and it was a big fun of Sikhi... 99.9% ppl make fun of Sikhs not just in other states but also in punjab...

I agree with u that innocent ppl should not be killed or injured at all but to whom u gone say innocent if 99.9% ppl making fun of Sikhs...

My Guru Patsha has given me this identity n thosands of innocent Singh n Singhanian has given their lifes for this identity n this is a big shame for us that we are not doing any thing n every day bollywood media making fun of this identity...

Peacemaker ji when I came overseas I was not Sikh but my friends were n u know white people used to ask them sevral questions for this identity, but Indian people of other states use to make fun of my friends n from all of them I could not find even a single person who was not making fun of this Identity.... can u imagine out of hundreds not just single one gave respect to this identity, even due to this identity today those ppl have their own identity.. then to whom u gona say innocent

I was not from a Sikh family but the lifestyle, the identity n the way to get God is really pure.. n that could not stop me to come into Sikhi n I can't see any one to make fun of this identity... I do respect other religions but no one has limitation that if you are in your religion then you must see every girl as your elder or younger sister, you must give respect of your mother to every Lady.. You can have only one life partner n u must give her full rights to live her life according to her own ways... n thousands more...

In my first job I had sevral white n Indian ppl woking with me n I remember every Indian use to laugh at me after taking Amrit n no one from other communities laughed at me at all...

N one day one of my mate sent me an email " Sardar Ji jokes"... that hearted me n I could leave this Bana at that time.. but I know how precious this Bana is n no one can compete with it...

N that day Guru ji just blessed me n I gave reply to that guy...

I am not just taking it personaly but this is happening to every sikh who is alone in those people

Bhull chuk maaf karni ji

peacemaker u shud join jainism...

I'm saying any kind of attack is wrong in general because innocent people could get injured. All attacks are bad and the word attack is a negative word!