Gurdas Mann's New Bhagat Singh Track?

Guest _Gupt_

Guest _Gupt_

Here is the song

In the song he says "Bhagat Singh nu akhan looke kes katta ley kyo? pappi ey tu pappi singha eyh ki kita tu, ....

kehn laga sardar bhagat singh ki asmana baki? kes katalay des layee mai, sir katanaa bakee eyh"

I doubt Shaheed Bhagat Singh even said that...I personally feel the song is disrepects a sikh's kes, with the so many shaheeds that died for a sikh's kes.

wat do people think?

he's a typical brainswashed bharat mata da bhagat who thinks being hindustani is a religion. he thinks sikhi comes second to being indian which these RSS thugs and extremist taliban type indians want people to believe.

if this "punjab da maan" gurdas maan was right, then all those sikhs who refused to cut kes and were beheaded by the mughals were idiots because they could have just cut their kesh and fought the mughals another day.

these bharti punjabi singers need to make money and eat roti. he has to play the role of a loyal indian subject at any cost, even selling out his anakh and zameer.

anyways, someone needs to ask him that when sikhs revolted like bhagat singh, why were they massacred in india? bhagat singh killed a british police officer and sikhs did the same to gobind ram...bhagta singh threw bombs in lahore assemby which injured no one, can sikhs do this today in the indian parliament to protest?

peace.

A bit of a dumb tread; bhagat singh was an atheists and openly stated he didn’t believe in god. However if you read Bhai Randheer Singhs auto biography when on death row Bhagat singh did keep his hair again and started to pray again, a little while before being hung.

Also the song say so what if I cut my hair for my cause I have yet to have my head cut off for what I believe.

Its only as song!!!!!

Bhagat Singh's strategy matched the times - it was a different yudh, much like the shaheeds of the early 80s who crossed the borders and disguised themselves as musalmans to bring supplies and training to the Indian side (strategy that was contraversial - trade one dusht for another).

Bhagat Singh Shaheed-e-azam was a Khalsa prior to death - as has been proved above. In prison he would have been denied access to Panj to do his Amrit ceremony - but in those days, in the prisons 5 gursikhs would use any iron instrument to stir water and bless it as amrit. I do not know if Bhagat Singh recieved this in prison, but Gurbani was on his lips to the end.

Guest _Gupt_

A bit of a dumb tread; bhagat singh was an atheists and openly stated he didn’t believe in god. However if you read Bie Randeer Singhs auto biography when on death row Bhagat singh did keep his hair again and started to pray again, a little while before being hung.

First you said my thread was dumb because you said bhagat singh was an athiest. but then you say that he began to keep his hair before he was hung. so i can this thread be dumb if we're talking about a sardar? gurdas mann refers to bhagat singh as a sardar in the song. something that is "just a song" can influence people on what they believe.

Also the song say so what if I cut my hair for my cause I have yet to have my head cut off for what I believe.

That's what is offensive in the song. sikhs don't cut their hair no matter what the cause. infact sikhs cut their heads off for their hair.

I agree with mann_kaum that he is a typical singer, but i think there are some sincere punjabi singers out there that don't just sing blindly for their country.

the question arises as to why bhagat singh is propped up so much. what made his shaheedi greater than say sardar kartar singh sarabha? what about the countless sardar ghadari baabe?

india has decided for us who to prop up as our idol, and its is strange that out of all the sikhs, we have a figure who is said to be atheist, not a sikh, maybe a sikh blah blah blah...nothing against bhagat singh but i think its all very shady.

"He soon became the symbol of martyrdom and many were influenced from his bravery and sacrifice. Bhagat Singh, another great revolutionary of Indian freedom, regarded Kartar Singh as his guru, friend and brother. A statue of him was erected in Ludhiana, and Punjabi novelist Nanak Singh wrote a novel called Ikk Mian Do Talwaran based on his life. The judges during his trial were impressed by his intellectual skills, but nonetheless he was sentenced to death by hanging. He wrote a popular song which he would sing and it is said that he died singing it:

"Sewa desh di jinddhiye badhi aukhi

gallan karnia dher sukhalliyan ne,

jinha desh sewa 'ch pair paya

ohna lakh museebtan jhalliyan ne."

Serving ones country is very difficult

It is so easy to talk

Anyone who walked on that path

Must endure millions of calamities.

The judgement in respect of 63 arrested Gadharites was pronounced on September 13, 1915 at the Central Jail, Lahore. In this first conspiracy case of 1914/15 AD, 24 Gadarites were sentenced to death. Kartar Singh was one of them.

The court observed that Kartar Singh was the most dangerous of all the rebels. "He is very proud of the crimes committed by him. He does not deserve mercy and should be sentenced to death". Kartar Singh was hanged in the Central Jail of Lahore on November 16, 1915, when he was only 18."

http://www.searchsikhism.com/sarabha.html

peace.

Read your history gupt and it will all become clear to you some great Sikhs have cut there hair in times of war and then become kesh dari Sikhs again don't judge these people are far greater than us and now sit in sach kand!

As far as a dumb tread concerned that's what it is, the song reflects history what people said to Bhagat singh and his reply. Its not the Kennedy assassination all over again!

he is not a typical punjabi singer u r just a Gupt poster behind the computer so dont ever post here again if you could please, gurdas mann is a very sincere singer never met a singing personality like that before...

A bit of a dumb tread; bhagat singh was an atheists and openly stated he didn’t believe in god. However if you read Bie Randeer Singhs auto biography when on death row Bhagat singh did keep his hair again and started to pray again, a little while before being hung.

First you said my thread was dumb because you said bhagat singh was an athiest. but then you say that he began to keep his hair before he was hung. so i can this thread be dumb if we're talking about a sardar? gurdas mann refers to bhagat singh as a sardar in the song. something that is "just a song" can influence people on what they believe.

That's what is offensive in the song. sikhs don't cut their hair no matter what the cause. infact sikhs cut their heads off for their hair.

I agree with mann_kaum that he is a typical singer, but i think there are some sincere punjabi singers out there that don't just sing blindly for their country.

actually he not sing for sikhd]s any more . i notice this sometime

he is a just punjabi not a sikh.........there r many examples prove that

Guest _Gupt_
he is not a typical punjabi singer u r just a Gupt poster behind the computer so dont ever post here again if you could please, gurdas mann is a very sincere singer never met a singing personality like that before...

Alright this will be my last post here, since i'm not welcome to post on this site. I see no difference between me being gupt, or having an account name, because either way i dont know anybody's name, or they don't know my name, so that makes no difference. Singing about cutting your hair, or 'ghar di sharab' must surely make someone a good singer.

Read your history gupt and it will all become clear to you some great Sikhs have cut there hair in times of war

This is the first time i'm hearing this, but i've never read of any sikhs during the gurus times who cut their hair for any cost. mayb during the 'independence' movement, but ive never read anything during the gurus times. i always thought keeping your hair in sikhi was a big thing, but i guess its not.

As far as a dumb tread concerned that's what it is, the song reflects history what people said to Bhagat singh and his reply. Its not the Kennedy assassination all over again!

I made this thread to question whether shaheed bhagat singh ever said that, where in history does it say that bhagat singh ever replied like that?